Gay-friendly Thread!

Hey, Kathy, welcome back! I'm just the little posting binger today, but it's so great to see everyone saying hi.

You liked the BCV? We have two ownership interests, BCV and BW, but BCV is my favorite. We love everything about it and that's where we are headed in December, though I have to admit I'm already looking forward to our stay at AKL next August.

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

But about that upcoming trip, will our dates overlap? We're there from 12/3-12/11. It would be great to meet up.

My family will be on WDW at that time. Now I only have can convince my partner that we can fit it in our budget. We just bought a beach front property and she wants to start building right away. So that means no more vacationing this year.
Can someone help me organizing a CHEAP trip to WDW?

DIS MEET in NYC!

I say all you folks come to NYC for a weekend for a meet! Joe and I, and Kathy, will be your official greeters and tour guides. Plus, we'll show you the best places to get great cheap eats and good cocktails!

RickinNYC said:
DIS MEET in NYC!

I say all you folks come to NYC for a weekend for a meet! Joe and I, and Kathy, will be your official greeters and tour guides. Plus, we'll show you the best places to get great cheap eats and good cocktails!

That's not a bad idea, Rick. Gwen and I are often in the Big Apple for dinner and a show. Most recently we saw "Pillowman" and "Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf?" After all of that existential drama, personally, I'm ready for some dancing girls!!! Or, at the very least, some flying witches!
:rotfl2:

On another note, I'm not big on editing, BUT I did just change the name of the thread so that it would more accurately reflect the community that seems to forming around it. (Previously, it was Gay-friendly Night?).

Viki said:
That's not a bad idea, Rick. Gwen and I are often in the Big Apple for dinner and a show. Most recently we saw "Pillowman" and "Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf?" After all of that existential drama, personally, I'm ready for some dancing girls!!! Or, at the very least, some flying witches!
:rotfl2:

On another note, I'm not big on editing, BUT I did just change the name of the thread so that it would more accurately reflect the community that seems to forming around it. (Previously, it was Gay-friendly Night?).

That would be a lot of fun! Well... you can ogle the dancing girls. I'll critique their fashion choice.

Ok, so it's Rick, Joe, Kathy, Gwen and Vicki for a mini-meet so far. I think everyone else should consider their options and come for a weekend!

Yay!!! Yay!!! DIsney mini meet in NYC!!! I am all for it!! Well.. I just went and booked my next trip.. yeah, yeah.. I know.. I just got back!! LOL!! But I can't stand not knowing when I am going back!! I just put a hold on a room at Saratoga for the 1st through the 6th of January!! yipppppeeeeee!!! AND.. I may have a new girlfriend to actually go with this time! Wow.. things are looking up! :)

Kathy :love:

Hi Everyone,

Is there anyone in this thread from Canada? Perhaps the Toronto area? Or, am I wishing too hard :earseek:

RickinNYC said:
Ok, so it's Rick, Joe, Kathy, Gwen and Vicki for a mini-meet so far. I think everyone else should consider their options and come for a weekend!

:(

We'd love to go, but probably can't swing it. I'm so embarassed to admit I've never been to NYC. GASP!!! :earseek:

We'll just have to wait until ya'all get to Orlando and do many mini-meets.

Hi Tom -- sorry, we are not from Canada, but if you are ever in our neck of the woods, let us know! :cool1:

PPF

TomTO said:
Hi Everyone,

Is there anyone in this thread from Canada? Perhaps the Toronto area? Or, am I wishing too hard :earseek:

I'm in Montreal, i think I'm as close as you get on this thread! pirate:

Valentine, did you post a trip report??? I'd love to read it.

And congrats on the girlfriend!

:sunny: :sunny:

bubie2.5 said:
My family will be on WDW at that time. Now I only have can convince my partner that we can fit it in our budget. We just bought a beach front property and she wants to start building right away. So that means no more vacationing this year.
Can someone help me organizing a CHEAP trip to WDW?

:guilty: A cheap trip to WDW is so totally beyond me these days. I'm afraid, like with camping, I'm heading in precisely the opposite direction. I started out with a sleeping bag next to the fire and now it's nothing less than a 37-foot RV.

With disney, I started out with day trips (back in the 70s) and now it's nothing less than DVC or AKL Concierge. I'm not proud, just getting too old to rough it. :rotfl2:

Nope.. didn't have a chance to post an actual trip report yet... I tend to get too wordy and then I never finish them!! LOL!!! I am certainly hoping to get one up by this weekend though.. at least an abbreviated version!! LOL!!!

Kathy

Viki said:
:guilty: A cheap trip to WDW is so totally beyond me these days. I'm afraid, like with camping, I'm heading in precisely the opposite direction. I started out with a sleeping bag next to the fire and now it's nothing less than a 37-foot RV.

With disney, I started out with day trips (back in the 70s) and now it's nothing less than DVC or AKL Concierge. I'm not proud, just getting too old to rough it. :rotfl2:

LOL Viki, it doesn't HAVE to be cheap, it just has to LOOK cheap to help me get my partner to agree to it. (insert evil laught here). :teeth:

Thanks for responding Joanjetti1976. Guess you and I are the only ones :)

That's too bad, I'm really trying to get a club or something going in Canada with "our kind of people". Much more fun :rotfl:

Where did everyone get the cool MM in rainbow colours (see, I'm from Canada ... you can tell because of the way I spell c-o-l-o-u-r-s !!!

Cheers.

Tom

TomTO said:
Where did everyone get the cool MM in rainbow colours (see, I'm from Canada ... you can tell because of the way I spell c-o-l-o-u-r-s !!!

Cheers.

Tom

Hi Tom! Welcome. Sorry we're not in Canada, though the last episode of "Queer as Folk" might have begun a mad exodus to the land north of us, especially among lesbian folk!

About the rainbow Mickey - I spied it on Chuck's signature and he graciously let me copy it. Just this week someone else copied it from me. Feel free, if you like. It's great to see so many.

Vicki shared with us as well and we LOVE it!
jester.gif

Thanks Vicki!

PPF

PeterPanFanWDW said:
Vicki shared with us as well and we LOVE it!
jester.gif

Thanks Vicki!

PPF

You're very welcome, friend. It looks aweful spiffy on you!

It happened again last night. We went to a restaurant and the first thing the hostess says, "Are you two brothers? You look like twins." Then when we tell her we are not, she seemed incredibly surprised. I think I'm going back to answering "yes."

We intended to do Gay Days this year, but on the Saturday it was pouring rain. I don't need to torture myself to have a good time. Since we live in the area, it isn't hard to go when we want to.

Food & Wine is our favorite time of year. We find ourselves there most weekends sampling stuff, enjoying the weather and friends/family.

Randall

:earsboy:

Hi, I wandered randomly over into this board/thread and have been gripped by the gay friendly frivolity! Great to see so many friendly rainbow people on here, and for a gay thread NOT to descend into bible quoting mayhem....

Anyway, me and my girl are off to Disney Paris in a few days - can't wait! I hope the friendliness is in evidence there too - I don't know that my French is up to explaining our situation to get the right bed etc.!

I told her about Gay Days and she was very excited, so maybe one day we'll make it over there. Although I'm like a lot of you who puts the Disney before the Gay aspect of the holiday - but we'll see!

We don't get much of the sisters confusion - but then we were best friends before we got together (aww) - but we do get the amalgamated names troubles! In fact, people just refer to us as 'the one who isn't the other one' when they're trying to remember our names - which is sad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter