Gavin's Wish Comes True!! MAW

I have been such a slacker keeping updates going here but believe me I am out there reading everybody else's. Still no confirmation on dates but I figured I better get started on these DFN's, cant have enough time time to watch movies so this week will be Toy Story 1 and 2. Gavin's all time favorite Disney movie. Im off to google and try to find a good menu to go with it and a craft possibly. I found a Disney trivia game for the Wii yesterday for $10 and had to get it. We have the board game and the kids love it. Now I need to see if I can hold out to give it for Christmas. I want to play it so bad :rotfl:
We also got our Disney customized maps yesterday and Im thinking I need to get realistic about what we want to do. Do you think we can fit all this in?
We had so much fun on our Toy Story DFN. If you're looking for ideas, take a peek at my PTR. We made a solar system mobile for our craft, but it wasn't my first craft choice - I wanted to make model rockets! :rotfl2:
Animal Kingdom
It's tough to be a bug
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Forest exploration Trail
Kali River Rapids
The boneyard
Finding Nemo
Dinosaur
Dino-Sue
Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade
Festival of the Lion King is another great show, Triceratop Spin is an awesome kids ride (kinda like Dumbo at MK)
Hollywood Studios:
Indiana Jones
Star Tours
Honey, I shrunk the Kids
Lights, motors, action!
The studio backlot Tour
The little mermaid
Rock N roller coaster (Daddy and Kia)
Tower of Terror (Daddy and Kia)
Fantasmic
Block party Bash??
do not forget one of my favorite rides at DHS, TOY STORY MANIA!!! Fun for the whole family
Magic Kingdom:
Jungle cruise
Pirates of the carribean
Splash mountain
Haunted mansion
It's a small world
Peter Pan's flight
The barnstormer
Indy speedway
Space mountain
Buzz Lightyear
Stitch's great escape
Monsters Ins Laugh floor
Wishes
Spectromagic
Astro Orbiter is another good one in Tomorrowland. And I see that Teacups, Dumbo, and the Carrousel are also not on your list.
Epcot:
Mission space
Test track
Nemo
Soarin
Illuminations
Living with the Land is one of my favorites and a great time to relax for a 14 minute boat ride.
Wow that looks like even more when I write it down and I havent even planned the other parks yet! So do you think it's even possible. We will also have to take a break as Gavin does get tired easily especially if it's hot.

I definitely think it's possible to get to all of these rides because of the front of the line access.

I have been such a slacker keeping updates going here but believe me I am out there reading everybody else's. Still no confirmation on dates but I figured I better get started on these DFN's, cant have enough time time to watch movies so this week will be Toy Story 1 and 2. Gavin's all time favorite Disney movie. Im off to google and try to find a good menu to go with it and a craft possibly. I found a Disney trivia game for the Wii yesterday for $10 and had to get it. We have the board game and the kids love it. Now I need to see if I can hold out to give it for Christmas. I want to play it so bad :rotfl:
We also got our Disney customized maps yesterday and Im thinking I need to get realistic about what we want to do. Do you think we can fit all this in?

Animal Kingdom
It's tough to be a bug
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Forest exploration Trail
Kali River Rapids
The boneyard
Finding Nemo
Dinosaur
Dino-Sue
Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade
All of these can be done in one day. I would also add the Festival of the Lion King.

Hollywood Studios:
Indiana Jones
Star Tours
Honey, I shrunk the Kids
Lights, motors, action!
The studio backlot Tour
The little mermaid
Rock N roller coaster (Daddy and Kia)
Tower of Terror (Daddy and Kia)
Fantasmic
Block party Bash??

Most of this list looks good. When we were there do to electric scooters, the wheelchair section of Indiana Jones filled up 3- minutes before show time and we could not get in. I was also told at the Jedi Training Academy that GKTW now has some sort of voucher for your Wish child to turn in to appear in the show. Since we did not stay there, I can not confirm this.

Magic Kingdom:
Jungle cruise
Pirates of the carribean
Splash mountain
Haunted mansion
It's a small world
Peter Pan's flight
The barnstormer
Indy speedway
Space mountain
Buzz Lightyear
Stitch's great escape
Monsters Ins Laugh floor
Wishes
Spectromagic

You will have no problem fitting all of these in!

Epcot:
Mission space
Test track
Nemo
Soarin
Illuminations

You can easily fit these in as well as a quick tour through the World Showcase!

Wow that looks like even more when I write it down and I havent even planned the other parks yet! So do you think it's even possible. We will also have to take a break as Gavin does get tired easily especially if it's hot.

I do not think you will have to worry about hot. It was comfortable when we were there this past week. Then the day we left a cold front was coming through. You may want to pack some sweatshirts. Your list looks great!

Thanks for the responses! I dont feel so lonely anymore :goodvibes and it looks like I forgot some things on my list that definetley need to be there especially Toy Story Mania how did I miss that :confused3 as you may know by now Toy story is Gavin's favorite. I went black friday shopping and was able to find him a really cute stuffed Woody that comes with a blanket and my sister-in-law got him the bed ina bag Toy story set. Im so excited. Now I just have to paint his walls. When he was a little younger he had fun coloring all over them :lmao:

Thanks for the responses! I dont feel so lonely anymore :goodvibes and it looks like I forgot some things on my list that definetley need to be there especially Toy Story Mania how did I miss that :confused3 as you may know by now Toy story is Gavin's favorite. I went black friday shopping and was able to find him a really cute stuffed Woody that comes with a blanket and my sister-in-law got him the bed ina bag Toy story set. Im so excited. Now I just have to paint his walls. When he was a little younger he had fun coloring all over them :lmao:

Oh yes, I have a little artist as well. Thank goodness for Magic Eraser!!!:lmao:

I don't know how I did it, but I missed several updates, including the pics! Your kids are adorable. I love redheads. :lovestruc

And I totally missed the conservation about no trip extension. I hope you can come to some arrangement. Maybe give them a deposit in case they got any bills after the fact? When the Wish Granter called to tell me our dates were approved she was under the assumption that we were planning to stay at Disney for the additional days. I told her we weren't sure where but thinking about beaches and such, just to relax. I hope that that doesn't change their mind. Knowing we are planning to drive out of town (or state!). I am totally willing to change everything (rental car...is there anything else?) to our name after the GKTW week is over. All they need to do is make the return flight later. Major bummer. I hope you can get one and I hope ours isn't a misunderstanding!!!!:guilty:

Oh yes, I have a little artist as well. Thank goodness for Magic Eraser!!!:lmao:

I don't know how I did it, but I missed several updates, including the pics! Your kids are adorable. I love redheads. :lovestruc

And I totally missed the conservation about no trip extension. I hope you can come to some arrangement. Maybe give them a deposit in case they got any bills after the fact? When the Wish Granter called to tell me our dates were approved she was under the assumption that we were planning to stay at Disney for the additional days. I told her we weren't sure where but thinking about beaches and such, just to relax. I hope that that doesn't change their mind. Knowing we are planning to drive out of town (or state!). I am totally willing to change everything (rental car...is there anything else?) to our name after the GKTW week is over. All they need to do is make the return flight later. Major bummer. I hope you can get one and I hope ours isn't a misunderstanding!!!!:guilty:

Thanks I think redheads are just adorable but Im a bit biased :goodvibes
Im sure your trip extension will be fine. Sorry I cant remember what state your in :confused3 apparentley it depends on the chapter. We are definetley not going to be able to extend but they said they do things other chapters do not. I was a little disappointed at first but it's going to be such an amazing once in a lifetime trip that I could have never given my kids. How can I be sad with all they are doing for us :goodvibes

WE have flight info!!:banana: I am so excited, I didnt even know for sure are dates had a final approval.It's official March 3rd-9th. So now I have a question, here is our flight info

AMERICAN AIRLINES 653 SEA Seattle Mar 03, 2010
09:35 AM DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Mar 03, 2010
03:25 PM O Food for purchase

AMERICAN AIRLINES 1856 DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Mar 03, 2010
04:50 PM MCO Orlando Mar 03, 2010
08:05 PM O Food for purchase

Am I reading this right, We leave Seattle at 9:35 have a hour and 25 layover in Dallas and arrive in Orlando at 8:05??? Sorry odviously I dont fly often. Wow that is going to be a LONG day and our entire first day spent flying :eek:
and our flight home

AMERICAN AIRLINES 2513 MCO Orlando Mar 09, 2010
03:30 PM DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Mar 09, 2010
05:35 PM O Food for purchase

AMERICAN AIRLINES 1233 DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Mar 09, 2010
08:20 PM SEA Seattle Mar 09, 2010
10:40 PM O Food for purchase

An almost 3 hour layover?? :scared1: 3 tired cranky kids in an airport for 3 hours, well I guess we could hit a restaraunt Im sure we'll all be starving by this point. Does anyone know if we can bring snacks, drinks on board??

I have a ticker!! It's amazing how that little thing makes it seem more real. 3 months 2 days to go!!

Woo hoo for flight information! That's excellent!

Sorry about the long layover, but it would be an excellent time to grab a bite to eat or, if the kids are easy to get to sleep, give them an uninterrupted nap for a couple hours. And yes, you can bring food and drink on board the plane. Drinks you will need to purchase after you get through security, but you can bring almost any foods (as long as they aren't liquid) through security. Pretzles, chips, fruitsnacks, and cheese sticks are very popular with our family. Any finger foods that don't require silverware to eat and have disposable packaging is perfect!

Hooray!! For dates :) I'm sorry your flight times are so long, just be sure to bring things for the kids to do though, and I bet you'll be fine. Piper actually loves exploring airports, lol..seeing all the shops and such..I bet the layovers won't be as bad as you might think!

I posted a reply about the flights and when I hit enter the site said "down for maintenance" or something like that. I'll wait until morning and if it's not here I'll try to remember and repost it.

Woo hoo for flight information! That's excellent!

Sorry about the long layover, but it would be an excellent time to grab a bite to eat or, if the kids are easy to get to sleep, give them an uninterrupted nap for a couple hours. And yes, you can bring food and drink on board the plane. Drinks you will need to purchase after you get through security, but you can bring almost any foods (as long as they aren't liquid) through security. Pretzles, chips, fruitsnacks, and cheese sticks are very popular with our family. Any finger foods that don't require silverware to eat and have disposable packaging is perfect!

Thanks for the info on the food, it sure will make things easier if we have snacks.

Hooray!! For dates :) I'm sorry your flight times are so long, just be sure to bring things for the kids to do though, and I bet you'll be fine. Piper actually loves exploring airports, lol..seeing all the shops and such..I bet the layovers won't be as bad as you might think!

Im sure the kids are going to love exploring, they have never been to an airport before. I sure it's going to be fun.

I posted a reply about the flights and when I hit enter the site said "down for maintenance" or something like that. I'll wait until morning and if it's not here I'll try to remember and repost it.

Thats Ok I did the same thing. Im hopeing it's back up now.

So I had a long day of appointments with neurology and the geneticist. Come to find out Gavins last blood draw to test if he has the familial type of cavernomas some how disappeared, they have no record of having it done :confused3. So we will have to re-do it and wait another month for results. He has a new medication added (trileptal) which is a mood stabalizer and seizure med. We also got a referral to an opthamologist. Their concerned about the nystagmus (eye twitching) he's having. Gavin is so funny, when he heard he was going to see the eye doctor he got all excited as he has wanted glasses forever. He thinks they are so cool. He's going to be disappointed if he dosent get them. :)

Oh my gosh!!!!!!

You have DATES! And FLIGHTS!!

Awesome news!!!

And...just sayin...we will be there at the same time! :woohoo: :dance3: :cheer2: :cool1:

An almost 3 hour layover?? :scared1: 3 tired cranky kids in an airport for 3 hours, well I guess we could hit a restaraunt Im sure we'll all be starving by this point. Does anyone know if we can bring snacks, drinks on board??

I have a ticker!! It's amazing how that little thing makes it seem more real. 3 months 2 days to go!!

Okay, here I go again. :rolleyes1
I have flown way more (with kids) than I ever really wanted to (my sis is married to a pilot so my family thinks it's great to fly stand-by using her discounted passes - I tend to disagree.) Remember that they print your times as local time, meaning, when you land in DFW they show DFW (central) time for landing and take-off from that airport. So when you land in Orlando it will be local time 8pm and you will feel like it is 5pm. That might be a pain the first night, because you might have a hard time getting the kids to bed.

I lived in Texas for several years and flew out of DFW airport many times. It is a ginormous airport, BUT it is separated into multiple terminals. So the one you land in will not be that huge. You will probably have a Chili's II, a gift shop, newsstand, coffee stand, ice cream stand, etc. Possibly another restaurant choice but don't count on it. For that return flight's 2:45 layover you will definitely want to have some snacks or sandwiches ready and maybe keep a couple of toys and games they just received on the trip, ready in your carry-on. If you feel brave and want to venture out into real world on your layover, a 5-10 minute cab ride can get you to some awesome restaurants and plenty of shopping. Check out a map of DFW airport, then go straight north to Grapevine Mills (a huge outlet shopping center) or northwest to Southlake Town Center, an upscale retail area with really good eats. If it were me I might just do it, but that's cause I would know where I was going. If you feel tempted to try it, PM me and I can help you narrow down the options. If you decide to stay safe and hang out in the airport, I'm sure they will have fun. Kids have a way of entertaining themselves in boring places. ;)

P.S. The ticker adds so much more excitement doesn't it???:woohoo:

Okay, here I go again. :rolleyes1
I have flown way more (with kids) than I ever really wanted to (my sis is married to a pilot so my family thinks it's great to fly stand-by using her discounted passes - I tend to disagree.) Remember that they print your times as local time, meaning, when you land in DFW they show DFW (central) time for landing and take-off from that airport. So when you land in Orlando it will be local time 8pm and you will feel like it is 5pm. That might be a pain the first night, because you might have a hard time getting the kids to bed.

I lived in Texas for several years and flew out of DFW airport many times. It is a ginormous airport, BUT it is separated into multiple terminals. So the one you land in will not be that huge. You will probably have a Chili's II, a gift shop, newsstand, coffee stand, ice cream stand, etc. Possibly another restaurant choice but don't count on it. For that return flight's 2:45 layover you will definitely want to have some snacks or sandwiches ready and maybe keep a couple of toys and games they just received on the trip, ready in your carry-on. If you feel brave and want to venture out into real world on your layover, a 5-10 minute cab ride can get you to some awesome restaurants and plenty of shopping. Check out a map of DFW airport, then go straight north to Grapevine Mills (a huge outlet shopping center) or northwest to Southlake Town Center, an upscale retail area with really good eats. If it were me I might just do it, but that's cause I would know where I was going. If you feel tempted to try it, PM me and I can help you narrow down the options. If you decide to stay safe and hang out in the airport, I'm sure they will have fun. Kids have a way of entertaining themselves in boring places. ;)

P.S. The ticker adds so much more excitement doesn't it???:woohoo:

Thanks so much for the info. I may just have to PM you for some info. We will probrably just stay put as I would be terrified we would get lost and miss our plane. :rotfl: My best friend from high school lives in Texas so Im hoping maybe she can come hang out with her kids during our lay over. I will definetley be prepared with lots of goodies for the kids though.

Ohh..that would be so fun if your friend could come meet you and hang out! I'm with you, I would prob be scared to leave the airport as well. We actually left my ex at the airport in Charlotte once when Piper was a baby. He decided he HAD to leave the gate area and find something to eat. We waited, and waited (I was in tears by this point) and finally I said..I am not staying at this airport with an 8 month old because HE had to leave the gate with only 20 minutes 'til boarding. So we left. I was soooooooo mad it wasn't even funny. He knew better than to be mad at me, lol..but his family was a different story..gotta love in-laws! Anyway..that's why I never stray too far, lol.

Thanks so much for the info. I may just have to PM you for some info. We will probrably just stay put as I would be terrified we would get lost and miss our plane. :rotfl: My best friend from high school lives in Texas so Im hoping maybe she can come hang out with her kids during our lay over. I will definetley be prepared with lots of goodies for the kids though.

That would be fun if she could visit you. The problem is that they won't be allowed to pass security without a ticket, so you would have to go out to the ticket counters area to meet her. If you are going to leave security you might as well meet her at a restaurant. (I love playing Devil's advocate, hehe) Or better yet, if she lives nearby she could pick you up and take you to whatever restaurant her family is waiting at... If it were a weekend I wouldn't risk it but midweek there shouldn't be too bad of a line at security to get back in. You would just have to budget that time into your "excursion".

I've been doing tons of research on the parks since none of us have ever been to any of them. I just noticed we'll be there during Mardi Gras at universal. Does anyone know is this is a family friendly event?? The website says it is but also says lots of drinking so I would love to hear if anyone has been there what the atmosphere is like.
The flower and garden festival is also going on at Epcot while were there. I just love that type of scenery and it should make for some beautiful pics.
Oh I just noticed Im a mouseketeer now!!! My ears are earned, and my ticker is down in the 2 month mark!!! Alright 2 months 3 weeks and what was it 5 days :rotfl:

Woohoo for 2 months! I'd never heard of the mardi gras at US, but might be worthwhile to check on the Universal board. Sounds like it could be fun :)

I don't think I've been back to your PTR since you've gotten dates AND times!! Yay for progress huh? Now it's time to get to the planning girl....times awastin'

We were in Epcot in late spring back in '95 and I remember how beautiful it was with all the flowers. Don't know if it's much different in early vs late spring but, it's Florida, weather's warm, so I'd doubt it. Mardi Gras? Why that sounds like fun to me!!! Whoop it up, earn a few beads:lmao: Just kiddin' Seriously I'd think the drinking would be more likely to be focused in the evening hours at the night spots rather in the park itself. I just happened upon a great Universal thread and they claim both IOA and US have loads of things for kids. Loads of great characters too, which I was surprised to read. I'm just as excited about US/IOA as I am the WDW parks!!

Pamela:santa:

Matty's Wish Trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter