Gas- $3.99 a gallon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked gas buddy (cause I have no plans to drive anywhere any time soon) and the spread is $4.14 to $4.59 here in Athens, GA. Which is actually up a tad from the last time I bought gas about 2 weeks ago. Our Governor had put a pause on the gas tax for a while, guess it's back on now.

Sheetz in our area (not sure if it's nationwide?) announced that they would drop the price of gas at all their stations to $3.99 through the 4th of July weekend.
Sheetz and everywhere else is currently $4.99. No, Sheetz isn't nationwide, nor is the $3.99 Sheetzwide. And I'm reading after saying that, that it's for the 88 octane rating fuel which is 15% ethanol.

Last edited:
Sheetz and everywhere else is currently $4.99. No, Sheetz isn't nationwide, nor is the $3.99 Sheetzwide. And I'm reading after saying that, that it's for the 88 octane rating fuel which is 15% ethanol.
Not sure if you know, but is that the blend that causes issues with peoples engines?

Sheetz in our area (not sure if it's nationwide?) announced that they would drop the price of gas at all their stations to $3.99 through the 4th of July weekend.
It can't be nationwide, some states, require a minimum mark up on gas. You aren't allowed to sell gas in WI for instance for less than 9.18% less than what you paid for it wholesale.
Not sure if you know, but is that the blend that causes issues with peoples engines?
E15 is fine for vehicles newer than 2001 that don't have minimum octane requirements, isn't a high performance engine and isn't used for heavy duty hauling. Personally I wouldn't use it in anything that has a turbocharger or supercharger either, although the EPA says it's fine, many manufacturers say not to use it. Also, don't use it in any type of small engine or marine engine.

And how many cars will it take to get to 5%? Keep in mind, many cars will stay on the road even if they're drivers trade them in for an electric
It will happen within the next few years. There is a reason that Tesla is worth more than every other car manufacturer on the planet by far. It isn't because they are producing gasoline powered vehicles. The investors who are putting their money where their mouth is must assume that Tesla is going to continue explosive growth. I know many posters here aren't a fan of Musk but he is delivering a future of electric vehicles.

Seems like consumers are fighting back against high prices. Government reports out today showed slowing demand for petroleum products caused oil prices to collapse below $90 a barrel.

Seems like consumers are fighting back against high prices. Government reports out today showed slowing demand for petroleum products caused oil prices to collapse below $90 a barrel.
Hope so! But it's summer, demand for oil is lower. I'm nervous about November and beyond! Cheapest gas here is still $4.75 a gallon.

Gas in IA is pretty regularly just under $4/gal now. It’s been coming down slowly but steadily for the past couple months. State gas taxes can make a huge difference in price.

On Tuesday in central NJ it was $4.19. As a previous poster said, funny to get excited about that price which is still about $2 higher than 18 months ago. I have heard it reported that the price per barrel may increase 3xs its current rate. I sure hope that isn't true.

We had an appointment today in the next county over and saw gas for $3.99 a gallon. And that was for either credit or cash. We couldn’t believe our eyes. We only needed half a tank but we had to stop and get it for that price. Anyone else see it that low or lower?? I sure hope it is going to go down even more. This was in Boiling Springs, SC.
3.85 this past weekend in Orange Park, FL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter