Garden View Tea at the Grand Floridian

We ate there a few weeks ago at 4:45pm. We did the $35 tea option. My husband, who never does afternoon teas, was amazed at how filling everything was. The food was excellent. My favorite sandwich was the curried chicken salad. I had the enchanted forest tea which was excellent. I think the price is really good. We live in Memphis and occassionally go to The Peabody for High Tea which is similarly priced. If you have a non-park day, I think its a great way to spend the afternoon. There was a live band playing on the second floor of the hotel that we could hear from our table. And we enjoyed sitting in the lobby afterwards. We did get the munchies around 8pm, so while we were at Disney Springs, we got some snacks.

We were there yesterday. We really enjoy the tea. One of my granddaughters has a tree nut allergy and they were extremely accommodating. The trifle was a chocolate-cherry which I thought was a bit tart but my husband loved it. Only one of the sandwiches had 2 sides of bread, the other 3 were open face.

We ate there a few weeks ago at 4:45pm. We did the $35 tea option. My husband, who never does afternoon teas, was amazed at how filling everything was. The food was excellent. My favorite sandwich was the curried chicken salad. I had the enchanted forest tea which was excellent. I think the price is really good. We live in Memphis and occassionally go to The Peabody for High Tea which is similarly priced. If you have a non-park day, I think its a great way to spend the afternoon. There was a live band playing on the second floor of the hotel that we could hear from our table. And we enjoyed sitting in the lobby afterwards. We did get the munchies around 8pm, so while we were at Disney Springs, we got some snacks.

The chicken curry was my favorite too. I could have eaten a whole plate of those :)

My DDs (both teens) love having tea at the GF. It has become a tradition of ours to have tea each trip while DH goes off and does something else (he isn't invited :goodvibes). On our upcoming trip we are bringing my BF and her kids to Disney for the first time and all of the girls (me, 2 DDs, BF, and her teen DD) will be having tea while DH and her son (another teen) will go off to ESPN Zone for some guy time. My BF loves to go to different tea rooms by her house, I can't wait to show her Disney's version :cloud9: .

We went last year and loved it. We were even picky about the sandwiches and our waitress was very accommodating. The experience was relaxing and pleasant!

My husband, who never does afternoon teas, was amazed at how filling everything was.

1) Yes, I agree, the food options are filling.
2) But, so are two Big Macs for under $10.
3) Being "filling" does not always equate to "great quality".
4) For quality, taste, and value, I would suggest the other Afternoon Tea location options in my posting.

{FLAME PROOF CAPE FROM DRAWER TO SHOULDERS}

NOTE: Yes, I am overly critical here. But, if I spend this much money, I want the best it will provide. And, "JUST BECAUSE IT IS DISNEY" is not an excuse for sub-par quality and value. The Afternoon Tea at GF used to be one our trip highlights, FOR MANY YEARS. But, since the price increases and menu changes (both for the worse), there are other locations we enjoy more.
{FLAME PROOF SUIT RTURNED TO DRAWER STORAGE}

If you feel the need to put a flame suit on, then you are clearly and knowingly being rude. This is unnecessary.

Not only did my husband find the food filling, he enjoyed the taste and quality as did my entire family. As you'll note in my previous comments, we felt this was a fair price and we are quite familiar with the experience of afternoon teas.

If you feel the need to put a flame suit on, then you are clearly and knowingly being rude.

1) Not rude, just varying opinion . . . and possibly expecting contrary thoughts.
2) Yes, lots of people like the GF-Tea, but one needs to point out some areas of disagreement.
3) I seldom say or think people have bad taste (OK, maybe those who rave about Tony's, LOL).
4) But, I do try to give our opinion, in an objectively as possible manner.
5) That is why I include so many categories, instead of a simple one-letter or one-number grading.
6) As with other reviews and reviewers, it is simply an opinion . . . which people can take or leave.

NOTE: We lived in Germantown and I ran the largest manufacturing plant in the Memphis area, and we have done events and Teas at The Peabody on many occasions. Yes, the prices at Disney is similar to that of the Peabody, but in our opinion that doesn't mean reasonable. In fact, The Peabody in Orlando (a clone of Memphis) closed because, among other things, the prices were out-of-line.

Last edited:
What kind of sandwiches do they serve? I have an allergy to vinegar so, mustard and mayonnaise are out.

My first Dining Report has a review of the tea. We loved it. My only suggestion is to ask them to steep the tea longer. I can see why PP wanted more than one pot....the tea was pretty weak in my opinion (I had English Breakfast). I'm a regular tea drinker and pretty fussy so take that as you will. If it was stronger tea, one would be enough.

We also did the Bedforshire tea and it was more than enough food and I thought it was a pretty good value. I just booked a Mother's Day tea in Philly and the price was comparable.

On our tea day we did breakfast and a later dinner. Tea served as our lunch. We were hungry by dinner at 8:30

What kind of sandwiches do they serve? I have an allergy to vinegar so, mustard and mayonnaise are out.
Our tea had egg salad, watercress with Boursin cheese, curried chicken salad and a beet sandwich. So I think only two had mayo/mustard

SOOOOO last time we went to the tea with two of my now-teenage daughters, they were small children who actually ate most foods. Now, they are the fussiest "almost adults" alive. (They get this from my husband's side.)
Also, one DD eats very little. (We have NO idea where that comes from! ;) ) However, they both love tea and coffee. Go figure.
Being aware of the changes/downsides/package requirements, I still want to take them. I mean, I want to go. It will be Christmas...the lobby is heaven...blah, blah.
I will order them the small package, but they only want the tea. Maybe a scone or strawberries. I will just have to box it up for my son, who EATS EVERYTHING THAT ISN'T NAILED DOWN.
However, I was looking at the menu, and the kids tea can be upgraded to a pot of tea. Any chance they'd let them order it?

Does anyone know if sandwich substitutions are available (no meat)?

May ask what time you finished tea? Are you light eaters?
I'm curious because I'm trying to figure out if we will need dinner later or not :)
My daughter and I did this on Easter Sunday. It was a lovely afternoon away from the hustle and bustle of MK. We thoroughly enjoyed it and were completely full when we were done. I think you might be hunger much later, so a late dinner and/or a light dinner might still be needed.
As for vegetarian options... I am vegetarian and all but one sandwich on the plate was vegetarian I believe. In our situation, we traded the one I couldn't eat with one my daughter didn't like, so no substitutions were needed. But in
all of my Disney dining experiences (including with my vegan son), there has never been trouble substituting to keep meat off your plate. So I wouldn't worry about that at all.
I think it was expensive, but a really nice experience at Disney. Enjoy!
IMG_0654.JPG

OP, I thoroughly enjoyed the tea with my husband on our anniversary this past December! It was our first time there and I'd wanted to go for quite some time. Such a pleasant atmosphere and I adored the presentation and tiny finger foods! I would do it again in a heartbeat - as would my husband. Was it pricey? Yes. But it's Disney and Disney is pricey.

Caveat - the service of the wait staff seemed to be lacking - for Disney.

Aiii ya. I would love to do this, and I'm encouraged by all of the good things said here. but even at the 180+10 reservation window I could not find an open time :(

I'm going to keep checking/hoping until then, and if nothing comes up... it's an excuse to come back soon!

IMG_2735.JPG
I thoroughly enjoyed the tea last summer! I had wonderful,attentive service. As I have a severe tree nut allergy, the chef came out personally to speak with me and went over the menu in regards to what was safe to order. I love how seriously Disney takes allergies! I enjoyed the Berfordshire tea with a glass of champagne and a pot of the apple elderflower tea. It was such a great experience and I would do it again in a heartbeat. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter