Garden Grill Breakfast Menu Changed!

mickey916

DIS Veteran
Just saw on DFB that the Garden Grill menus have changed. We were so excited for our candlelight processional package there next week but now we think we'll probably cancel it. My DH isn't a huge breakfast fan but was looking forward to the cheesy potatoes and cinnamon loaf. Both are now off the menu, replaced with skillet potatoes and "breakfast pastry". The dinner menu changed too. I don't think it's worth the $63 pp price tag now for standard breakfast fare. Guess we'll try getting Regal Eagle package instead....

I would spew a River of expletives if I could. What the heck! We are eating there for CP. Probably stuck with it now😡 The only reason we have eaten there is the cinnamon bread!
We're shocked! We're there during Ann Margret so I'm guessing the Regal Eagle package won't sell out too quickly. I think we're going to try our luck at that and save some money. I can't imagine a breakfast pastry is going to come anywhere close to cinnamon loaf. Haven't cancelled our CP dining package yet but pretty sure we're going to cancel it.

We're shocked! We're there during Ann Margret so I'm guessing the Regal Eagle package won't sell out too quickly. I think we're going to try our luck at that and save some money. I can't imagine a breakfast pastry is going to come anywhere close to cinnamon loaf. Haven't cancelled our CP dining package yet but pretty sure we're going to cancel it.
Our son won’t eat anything at Regal Eagle. He won’t eat at most of the CP restaurants, much less what’s still available. I could get a worthless pastry at the Joffrey’s cart. Feels like a bait and switch. They should wait until the CP packages are over, since it’s not easy to modify them.

The cinnamon loaf was a HUGE let down compared to the cinnamon skillet awesomeness that was there pre-Covid. The loaf made GG a not worth it anymore already, so this new change just solidifies the worthlessness.

Our son won’t eat anything at Regal Eagle. He won’t eat at most of the CP restaurants, much less what’s still available. I could get a worthless pastry at the Joffrey’s cart. Feels like a bait and switch. They should wait until the CP packages are over, since it’s not easy to modify them.
It does feel like a bait and switch. Very odd timing to make the change when people have already booked for the CP package.

I would spew a River of expletives if I could. What the heck! We are eating there for CP. Probably stuck with it now😡 The only reason we have eaten there is the cinnamon bread!
We went there in September and the eggs were horrible!! Not real eggs!! We didn’t like their breakfast. Cape May was way better!!! Maybe their breakfast will be better as it said they changed the eggs lol

Just saw on DFB that the Garden Grill menus have changed. We were so excited for our candlelight processional package there next week but now we think we'll probably cancel it. My DH isn't a huge breakfast fan but was looking forward to the cheesy potatoes and cinnamon loaf. Both are now off the menu, replaced with skillet potatoes and "breakfast pastry". The dinner menu changed too. I don't think it's worth the $63 pp price tag now for standard breakfast fare. Guess we'll try getting Regal Eagle package instead....
Where is the article? All I can find is their old reviews. Thanks

Unreal. Perhaps like what Olivas did with their Banana Bread breakfast meal they used to have. We will never go back to Olivas because of that.

The cheesy potatoes were really good. I am glad the turkey is back for dinner. I didn’t like the bbq chicken

The cheesy potatoes were really good. I am glad the turkey is back for dinner. I didn’t like the bbq chicken
We liked the bbq chicken but we also liked the turkey when they had it...can't believe they also took off the berry shortcake, but the pies might be good. We're planning on eating dinner there on our April trip. Those changes didn't bother us as much as the breakfast ones.

Probably wanting to get guest out the door quicker too, so they can book more tables. Sad and greedy.
I don't think it will get people out the door faster. I think it's just being cheap. They know that people will want to do a character meal, and they can basically serve whatever cheap slop they want :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter