"game shows" on Magic

mammacaryn

DIS Veteran
Ok, so we went on the Wonder last year and passed on all the games (except one game of Bingo) We leave on the Magic in a few weeks and are thinking since we have more days on the ship we might be able to actually participate in these activities more. We are curious what the game show type games are. Isn't there a couples game and some kind of family trivia? Would appreciate any info you have on these. Are their prizes? Aren't some of them kind of late? I'm thinking that is why we passed on some last year because of tired kids....
Thanks in advance.

There are family game shows and adult game shows offered. The times and locations will be listed in your Navigator which you can look over in the FAQ sticky at the top of the forum.

My personal fave was Who Wants To Be A Mouseketeer - so much fun! It's basically just like Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, but with all Disney questions. Mickey Mania is fun too, but it seems the questions are overly easy for that one.

My kids really enjoyed the pirate one offered in Studio Sea... can't recall the name of it just now. :upsidedow But it was a lot of fun for them!

So Mickey Mania is probably good for the small kids? Mine are 4 and 6 years old.

Prizes?

Is there a cost to participate in any of these?

No cost to the trivia game shows. Keep in mind that not everyone gets to play but all the kids seem to enjoy it. Prizes are usually small dcl keepsake type stuff.

The prizes are less than stellar - really just a token type thing to say "Hey, you won!" Mickey Mania picks four teams of two - one adult and one child per team. There are also questions directed to the audience, and you can then assign the points you win to your favorite team (read as "team with cutest kid"). There are also several trivia games throughout the week such as Name That Disney Tune (WAY harder than you'd expect) as well as regular trivia (trivial pursuit type questions). You'll find lots of family activities that fit with your children's ages.

My favorites were Mickey Mania, Magic Quest (adults-only), and Match Your Mate (adults only.)
My mom and I did Mickey Mania and we didn't win, but we got a button that says Mickey Mania on it.

DH and I are cruising alone so will be looking more into the adult only entertainment this time. Can anyone give more info on the adult only entertainment? We have seen match your mate, but are wondering about Magic Quest. Is it anything like the Quest on RCCL:scared1: (which was hilarious but I would rather watch than participate!)
Any other adult entertainment not to be missed?

"What happens in the Rockin D Bar stays in the Rockin D Bar". That is how to explain Magic Quest....I would never miss it!!! Lots of fun, but definetly for adults!!!

My personal fave was Who Wants To Be A Mouseketeer - so much fun! It's basically just like Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, but with all Disney questions. Mickey Mania is fun too, but it seems the questions are overly easy for that one.

I would agree, but shockingly many of the participants of the game we watched did not even know who the Fab 5 were or what the two sections of Epcot were :sad2:

It was a lot of fun though.

DH and I are cruising alone so will be looking more into the adult only entertainment this time. Can anyone give more info on the adult only entertainment? We have seen match your mate, but are wondering about Magic Quest. Is it anything like the Quest on RCCL:scared1: (which was hilarious but I would rather watch than participate!)
Any other adult entertainment not to be missed?

From what I understand Magic Quest is like Quest on RCCL

"What happens in the Rockin D Bar stays in the Rockin D Bar". That is how to explain Magic Quest....I would never miss it!!! Lots of fun, but definetly for adults!!!

Sounds like the Quest on RCCL. Kind of a team adult scavenger hunt / speed contest??? (without giving too much away??)

Sounds the same....load your purse with everything you can think of and have a few drinks before hand!....and maybe a camera!! A pic of my husband made it on someone else's facebook page that he hopes never gets "tagged"!!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter