FW cabins Christmas week

Disneyhenry

DisneyRosie
3 adults and 1 kid, gonna have to go Christmas week, how are the cabins at FW Christmas week? We will rent a car, we are the type of family that takes breaks and enjoys the resort a bit too not the type that goes nonstop to the parks. My oldest suggested FW cabins and I thought, yeah maybe.....
We are open to other resorts, just not the value ones,I can’t handle all the craziness at the value food courts, unless AoA has a calmer food court IDK I’ve never stayed there
But Christmas at FW Cabins sounds fun, what do you think

3 adults and 1 kid, gonna have to go Christmas week, how are the cabins at FW Christmas week? We will rent a car, we are the type of family that takes breaks and enjoys the resort a bit too not the type that goes nonstop to the parks. My oldest suggested FW cabins and I thought, yeah maybe.....
We are open to other resorts, just not the value ones,I can’t handle all the craziness at the value food courts, unless AoA has a calmer food court IDK I’ve never stayed there
But Christmas at FW Cabins sounds fun, what do you think
FW is fun anytime of the year! Many campsites are decorated for the holidays with lighted displays.

One of the nicest things about the cabins is that it's such a relaxing setting. The cabins are like having your own mini vacation home for your stay. You can sit on the porch and enjoy watching the squirrels or other wild life that might come by.

One of the negatives you'll see is the size of the resort and the bus system. But you'll have a rental car so you can avoid the park busses if you want. You can't drive your car to the pool area or boat dock area though. Many people rent golf carts or bring bikes to get around the fort. The busses around the fort run regularly too.

I always suggest people check out the camping at Disney forum. You can find lots of info about the fort and some cabin stuff too.

I would definitely do a Ft. W cabin over AoA. Just be prepared for a ton of Christmas week traffic. Personally, I would pick a resort that is most convenient to the park/parks you will be going to most as all traffic (car, bus, boat, monorail) will be jam packed that week. We stayed at BWV during Christmas week in 2015 and the ability to walk to two parks completely saved our trip.

I would for sure study up on what it’s like there. It’s Disney and very nice but it is a campground and less like a resort. It’s big, you can not use your car so you’ll need to use buses, golf carts or lots of walking. You speak of food court but be sure to explore dining there, not the same. When we stay a big draw is the kitchen because dining there is not convenient.

We have spent numerous Christmas weeks at FW and love it. Make sure and rent a golf cart too ... that way you can decorate it and get around even easier than with just a rental car. If you fly Southwest, pack some decorations for the cabin with your baggage allowance. We used to bring suitcases full of blow ups, etc. for our cabin.

FW is fun anytime of the year! Many campsites are decorated for the holidays with lighted displays.

One of the nicest things about the cabins is that it's such a relaxing setting. The cabins are like having your own mini vacation home for your stay. You can sit on the porch and enjoy watching the squirrels or other wild life that might come by.

One of the negatives you'll see is the size of the resort and the bus system. But you'll have a rental car so you can avoid the park busses if you want. You can't drive your car to the pool area or boat dock area though. Many people rent golf carts or bring bikes to get around the fort. The busses around the fort run regularly too.

I always suggest people check out the camping at Disney forum. You can find lots of info about the fort and some cabin stuff too.
Great to know thx!

We have spent numerous Christmas weeks at FW and love it. Make sure and rent a golf cart too ... that way you can decorate it and get around even easier than with just a rental car. If you fly Southwest, pack some decorations for the cabin with your baggage allowance. We used to bring suitcases full of blow ups, etc. for our cabin.

Thx for the info, we don’t fly Southwest, it’s like 3 or 4 stops from Seattle, but I’ll be sure to add those things in our luggage, so they do Christmas activies? I hears maybe sleigh rides? Petting Zoo?

I would for sure study up on what it’s like there. It’s Disney and very nice but it is a campground and less like a resort. It’s big, you can not use your car so you’ll need to use buses, golf carts or lots of walking. You speak of food court but be sure to explore dining there, not the same. When we stay a big draw is the kitchen because dining there is not convenient.

Ok good info, I don’t like that OKW don’t have a food court so I will keep that in mind if we book the cabin and thank you

I would definitely do a Ft. W cabin over AoA. Just be prepared for a ton of Christmas week traffic. Personally, I would pick a resort that is most convenient to the park/parks you will be going to most as all traffic (car, bus, boat, monorail) will be jam packed that week. We stayed at BWV during Christmas week in 2015 and the ability to walk to two parks completely saved our trip.

BW and CR are contenders if we go over New Years I heard BW is great thx for the info

There are sleigh rides in the evening that cost $$. However, if you rent a golf cart you can ride through and see a lot more of the decorated loops than the ones on the sleigh ride, so I wouldn't worry about that too much. There is normally a decorated golf cart parade on Christmas Eve.

If you haven't yet booked anything you may not have all the choices available that you would like. I had POR booked and just wanted to add an extra night but spent weeks and weeks stalking the website to find availability. It's already almost sold out in terms of bookings and back when I was looking (Dec 27-Jan 1) (finally got it confirmed about a week and a half ago) it was very slim pickings.

We just got back from FW and loooooooved it. We will definitely go there again. It was fun being there at Christmas time because some of the campers and cabins go ALL OUT with decorations and we just cruised around on a golf cart one night looking at lights. They offered a free craft for kids in the mornings and a cheap activity ($1-5) in the afternoons and my kids loved that. Very relaxed atmosphere and I liked having our own cabin as opposed to a hotel room because it felt so private and quiet. My 4 kids are super loud and I didn't have to worry quite as much about neighbors being annoyed because we had some space.

Next time we will factor in the cost of a golf cart. It wasn't necessary, the buses ran frequently enough to get us where we needed to go in a timely manner. But it would have been fun and easier. We did rent one for one day at the last minute, which was great like I said for cruising around looking at decorations. But couldn't afford anymore than the one day this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter