Furnishing an Apartment... IKEA? Amazon? Somewhere Else?

I really like the target threshold brand for not super expensive pieces that hold up under wear and tear. All my bookcases and dinning room chairs are threshold.

Consignment shops, garage sales, estate sales, marketplace (FB), etc. Splurge on new mattress(es). Look for everything else super cheap. Check w/ family and friends for anything they no longer need.

Both kids have high quality bedroom furniture from yard sales. One was like new, the other needed some TLC that dh enjoys doing anyway. Solid maple that he could easily sand down and stain, looking like new when he was done.
Cheap furniture just feels like cheap furniture.

I would buy mattresses new. Ewww...

I furnished my first apartment's living room by buying a barely used set from my SIL's coworker who was going through divorce and looking to sell. For $500 I got a sofa, love seat, coffee table and 2 end tables. He was also selling a dining room set but I couldn't afford both. My SIL and brother ended up buying the DR set, which they still have to this day from the early 1990s. lol

The bulk of our current furniture was bought new 4 years ago when I bought my moms house. She had an elderly cat....nuff said?

I bought platform beds from overstock. New mattresses, no box springs, from big lots. Very comfy and affordable! I’m in a cape so bed headboard restrictions on height limited choices. Found great prices

Our sectional is also from big lots. I have 4 pets, we never buy the best of anything since the fur kids are welcome everywhere

Shop through ebates. There is a new name, but basically you receive a % of your purchase back in cash. It can really add up

For curtain rods I bought most from overstock. Some from jcpenny. I love jcpenny curtains. Most came from there. Blinds from blinds.com. Lots of coupons and specials around

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter