• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FuNTV volume??????

Belle1962

DIS Veteran
I was looking at the Fun tv in best Buy (the one that hangs in a bag between the front seats). When I asked the salesperson if they came with earphones he said yes THEY HAVE TO because the volume is sooo low you can't hear it unless you have earphones.

Can anyone tell me what the volume level on the tv in a bag combos are? I don't think the 17 month old will wear the earphones and we all would like to sing along with him and his tapes. Will we be able hear the volume without earphones? Or will everyone need a set? How many can plug into the unit at one time?

I am not sure about the volume level on these units, but I can tell you what we do. We use a laptop to play DVDs for my 2 year old on long trips. It also has a very low volume, so we plug a tape adapter into the headphone jack. You know, the little thing you use to play a discman in the car. This way the sound is coming over the car's speakers. The only question is whether or not it would be bothersome to the driver. Hope this helps. :)

We just drove 15 hours to New Jersey and bought the TV in a bag from Target, but not the FunTV..the other one. It was $269 and believe me it was waaaay loud enough! The one we have is just a VCP and a monitor and it was the absolute LIFESAVER of our trip. We started out with a 9" TV/VCR from Sam's Club but it was too wide to fit between our front seats (Hyundai Sonata). I know the one we got is more expensive than the FunTV, but it was the best $$ I've ever spent (and I'm a cheapskate!!);)

Sheilap: Thanks. I've been looking at the one in Target too. Will probably go with that one if I can be sure the volume is loud enough.

Pooh's mom--we have used the DVD flat screen thingy with my DS (19) but the baby's sing a longs are all on VHS...I'm just waiting for Disney to start releasing them on DVD (and they're pretty hard to find on VHS even!!)

I have the funtv from best buy and the volume is fine without the headphones. I do like that it came with 2 sets of headpones as I have an almost 3yo and almost 10yo. We coul dhear it fine in the front seat and the volume wasnt all the way up.

Is it still $188 at BestBuy? Let me knwo if you decide to buy it there, I have a 10% coupons I could mail you, I just have to see if its still good. I used one and paid $170 for the FunTv at BestBuy.

Lisa

Thanks LisaNJ25, it is now around $250 at Best Buy but we have until October so I am going to watch for it to go on sale. Thanks for the coupon offer-but we have a few Best Buy coupons I am waiting to use.

We have the fun tv. The volume is just fine without the headphones. I even play the radio on the front speakers while my four year olds watch a movie in the back seat. (Adult music again at last.....yeah)

Where can I get the best deal on one of these? I was going to buy one I saw at Sam's, even got the money out of the bank to go, and when I got there I just couldn't get over that small screen so I have been looking for a bigger one. The one I saw had a 4 inch screen (but the actually picture was only the size of my Sam's card, aka the size of a credit card). It was around $200. I wanted something a little bit bigger but it has to hang between the seats.

And another question, my Explorer doesn't acutally have those removable headrests, will it still work?

I have the 4 inch that you saw at sams and the view is fine. I was also afraid that it was to small but when you view it with it turned on it is not bad at all. I originally was going to get the 5 inch but could not justify paying $70 more for 1 inch. I am very happy with the purchase.

You do not have to have removable headrest to us it. It just straps right in. I would love to get a 9 inch and that get the bag to hold it but I have a Ford Taurus Wagon and it wont fit. Did you measure that space in your explorer to see if the 9 inch would fit?

I like the fun tv one also because if you wanted to take it out of the car and set in up in the hotel room or even at home and let the kids watch a tape and has the stand so the whole unit stays upright.

Lisa

I didn't know there was a bag that would hold a 9 inch. We have a 9 inch tv/vcr comb already. I really think the tv in a bag would be the deal. I found a website that has them (along with other things) www.momsminivan.com So the picture isn't that bad on those little ones. When I went there was only two left so they are sold I am sure by now. But i have noticed everyone is putting Best Buy as the place that sells them, so maybe I will check them out there. Thanks for the reply!

A friend of mine bought the DC to AC adapter from best buy and used to hook up his regular 13" TV, VCR, Ninentendo, walkman etc. You can also charge your batteries for your camera, phone, camcorder provided you don't exceed your total wattage.

I think Best Buy has a 600 watt converter & costs $ 70. It plugs into your cigeratte lighter. Usually TV, VCR Ninentendo, add up to less than 250 watts.

Hi,

I'm driving down to Disney at the end of July and I'm looking into buying either a 5" FunTv or a regular 9" TV/Vcr. Can somebody that has used both of them, tell me which is best ? Which one has the clearer image when the sun is reflecting on it? Is it true that the 5" being a LCD screen versus a regular Tv screen gives you the impression of watching a much bigger screen, with a better image?

I need your help! Thank you!

Instead of plugging in earphones you can get those little battery operated speakers like you use with a discman/walkman. Works great if the volume isn't loud enough.

DS say the LCD screen has a better picture. I have to agree with him. I do suggest if you a TV in a bag type device get one that you can strap the screen to the headrest instead of it being between the seats. You can usually purchase aditional screens also for any of the ones that have screens that are not fixed to the unit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter