Funny Memes

Just as an aside, I've been watching "The Price is Right: The Bob Barker Era" on PlutoTV. They did give away a lot of appliances. and i have to wonder how people who lived in apartments dealt with that because normally you can't put in your own appliances in an apartment. Also, they also gave away prizes that practically nobody could use, like catamarans, giant satellite dishes, and motorized air gliders. The prize choices in the 1980s got a little bizarre at times!
I expect you could take a cash option instead (which was probably less than the actual value, but still pretty good.) Then they could give the same prize away again (which would explain how often we saw them) and the company that provided the prize got more embedded advertising for their buck.

I expect you could take a cash option instead (which was probably less than the actual value, but still pretty good.) Then they could give the same prize away again (which would explain how often we saw them) and the company that provided the prize got more embedded advertising for their buck.

My understanding is that TPIR does not offer the cash equivalent (unless you won cash of course), and you either accept the prizes and pay the taxes, or you don't get it. There are a lot of locals that go to the show tapings anyway, and they're just there to enjoy it or even fill seats. Actually, for a Los Angelino, a catamaran or maybe even a light plane isn't too useless - they live somewhere where you could actually use it.

Just as an aside, I've been watching "The Price is Right: The Bob Barker Era" on PlutoTV. They did give away a lot of appliances. and i have to wonder how people who lived in apartments dealt with that because normally you can't put in your own appliances in an apartment. Also, they also gave away prizes that practically nobody could use, like catamarans, giant satellite dishes, and motorized air gliders. The prize choices in the 1980s got a little bizarre at times!
The child in me still wants the pony behind door number 3 on Let Make a Deal!

Sweet! Caddies go on the harder to win games too - what was it? Three Strikes? Temptation?

My sister reminded me that he won the showcase showdown as well. I don't recall which game he played for the caddy though.

It could have been in the showcase too. It's alwyas good to win some cash too as it can help cover taxes on the big-ticket items like that.

I know, right? What about that wal-to-wall carpet that had all different kinds of game boards on them?

yeah. that's so crazy if you think about it.
How in the world were ppl ok with their home addresses published? We were in that white book for years. but interestingly, never had the slightest incident. No stranger ever came to our door.
Different times I guess, but better. IMO.
That's why women, who lived alone would only put their first initial, not name on the phone line. You didn't want to advertise there was no man in the house.

86116425.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts