Funniest comments you've overheard in WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are soooooo funny I am FOMCL. I had to stop reading them at work earlier today because everyone thought I had lost my marbles.

Anyway, I have one to share with you: We call it the "You lied to me" story: I know this might sound a little mean at first but if you only knew my DD you would understand. She is fearless and always brags about it. Well her first trip to WDW was a few years back (she was almost 6). My DH talked her into going on RR at MGM (didn't have to really do much talking-she loves Aerosmith). She loved the music but her apprehension was starting to come through when she heard the screams coming from the inside of the tunnel.
"Daddy?" the questioning begins, "what does this ride do?"
"It's a roller coaster like the ones we ride at Williamsburg and Great adventure" my DH replies. (She was only tall enough for Big Bad Wolf and the Run Away Mine train the last time she had been there)
"But what does it do?" Again with her uncertainness.
"Well it's like riding in a limo through L.A. and driving fast like mommy does." (thanks!!!)
I cringed at the next question: "Does it go upside down?" she asked.
"Well does a Limo go upside down." he answered.
She thinks about it and says "no."
"Well then!" he says. (smiling that "I told you so smile" at me)
Well I didn't get to go in the same car as them but got in the next train -as I was getting loaded into the "limo" and I hear in the distance (over the music) "YOU LIED TO ME. IT DOES GO UPSIDE DOWN. YOU LIED TO ME! I HATE YOU!!!" after the abrupt take off that goes straight into the first loop.

People around me started laughing. I felt horrible- sure that she was crying and we had tramatized her for life. According to the other people in the car with them she said it over and over again the whole time but then not two minutes later says "why can't we go on it again" when I told her we weren't going again. I felt bad like he tricked her but she absolutely loves that ride. Compares everything to it. People kept asking her if she wanted to go again as we walked around the store and she said YES to all of them. Not a tear was shed so we got thier picture blown up to poster size and it hangs in her bedroom to this day. We have appropriately called it "YOU LIED TO ME!"

Ok I am the worst mom in the world for finding it funny but she really looks back at that and laughs. Now at age 11 she loves nothing better than to hit the biggest fastest roller coasters with her dad and the more loops the better.

*****This is posted with permission of my DD- Sam who edited for context with many "OH MOMMMMMs!**************

I have the same EXACT story word for word except it was my (then) 10 year old son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We knew he would like it if he did it as he had been on coasters before :rotfl: :rotfl: he screamed the WHOLE WAY you lied to me you lied to me:lmao: of course he was ready to get back on the second the ride was over

We were walking through the entrance way to Fantasmic, after waiting in line for a little while. The couple in front of us with their three small children were trying to quiet them from crying and screaming (all in strollers and obviously very tired and cranky). The woman stopped on our way in and asked the CM a couple of questions, it was obvious it was their first time there. The CM answered them then asked them if they knew they could get a "My 1st Visit" button. The father, still trying to tame the kids said with such a straight face "Oh really? And do they have a "My Last Visit" button? I laughed so hard. :rotfl:

OK I made it to page 25. I am going to have to save the rest of these wonderful stories for tonight after the kids go to bed... but I wanted to add one of mine to the mix...

On the Illumination cruise in 2003... (DH and I had been married at the time 10 years)... he was looking into my eyes during the fireworks. I asked him what was wrong, why he wasn't watching the fireworks? He said, "I don't need to see them as I have the most beautiful thing in the world right in front of me."
I told him to shut up with all that romantic stuff... he was wasting GOOD money for this cruise and NOT even watching the fireworks! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I guess if we were on our honeymoon it would have been sweet and romantic but I wanted to get our moneys worth :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

He still makes fun of me to this day over my comment.

When my daughter and I went to AK in Sept. we were greeted by many CMs with "Jambo!". After walking around for about an hour in the park DD turned to me and asked, "Why do they keep calling me Dumbo?"
I thought that was so cute!

funny comment? not sure but it was the funniest thing to ever happen to us at Disney. We did E night ride and stayed out later than we should with our two boys... the youngest was 8. We were at the resort going down the escalator .. me and our oldest DS get on and then DH got on... as we were all going down we saw that our little one crashed on the ground before getting on!!!
He yelled, "I'm done." and decided to sleep right there next to the down escalator hahahah
my hubby (mind you this is at 1am after a whole day in the park and e nights.. had to turn around and run up the down escalator to retrieve our son :rotfl:
luckily we were the only ones on it but DH must have fell 10 times trying to reach the top:rotfl: I got a total case of the giggles and had to sit on the floor because I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard. Then DH tells our little one... couldn't you have made it that 1 EXTRA step and been done at the BOTTOM of the escalator:rotfl: :rotfl:

We went to WDW a couple of years ago with my niece and nephew. They were so excited when we got to Pop Century. They had stayed in hotels before, but nothing prepares you for a Disney Hotel. We went to our room, put our stuff away, then got ready to head for MGM. My niece (then 6) started crying and saying she didn't want to leave. She thought the hotel was Disney World! She's now almost 8 and we still tease her about not knowing the difference between a hotel and WDW.

I overheard a group of people that included a wedding couple who had been going to Disney several times a year and had obviously invited their friends and family to stay for the honeymoon. The best man who was at Disney for the first time turned to the couple and said "Now I know why you guys come down here all the time, this place is incredible and unless you've been here you can't understand it. I'm coming with you guys everytime now." :scared1:

I just remembered another one so its not a double post. My sisters and I went to Disneyland years ago and went on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, it was my sisters' first time as I had ridden it before. We get in a boat behind an older couple that must have had a liquid lunch as I got a wiff of Jack Daniels the minute I entered the boat. After the ride was over - my sister turns to me and says - wow that ride was incredible - I could even smell the booze those Pirates were drinking - Disney thinks of everything".:rotfl:

While at Epcot about to board soaring the son of another family was scared of the ride he was about 7 or 8... here was more or less the convo:

Son: Dad i'm really scared what does this ride do?
Dad: Don't worry it's exactly like going on a plane.

Me & my mom started to crack up, i don't think they realized that we were the ones laughing at them!! :lmao:
Mines isn't as funny but it might make some laugh, but to all who previously posted ... GREAT ONES. I've been laughing so hard.

We just got back Monday night from a great long weekend trip for the Food and Wine Festival. My son heard a little boy in MouseGear ask for money for something or other and this is the convo that followed:

Mom: You already spent all your money. You don't have any left to buy that with.

Boy: Yeah, but, mom, you know I have two teeth ready to come out!

Banking on the Tooth Fairy...classic! :lmao:

Heres one:

I went to WDW in August with a friend of mine who only went once before on a very quick trip. Well, we stayed at All-Star Music. So, as we're driving to get to WDW, shes like how long do you think it will take to get to the Pop Music hotel? I can't wait to see the Dalmation building!

Ok, we were at the Food & Wine Festival last week and we went to a few wine tastings one day.

We were sitting at the front row of tables and the guy was up front talking about the wines we were going to be tasting. After a very short description of the wine, he tells us to go ahead and taste it. Then he starts asking everyone how they like it. Then he says, "What fruit do you taste?"

A lady behind us speaks up and says, "Grape". :rotfl2: :confused: :lmao: :happytv: :sad2: :laughing:

As I mentioned... the three of us were in the front row and we couldn't hold back the laughter, which resulted in the guy turning to us and asking us to share. We still get a kick out of that.

A lady behind us speaks up and says, "Grape".

Was it the "Uncork New York" seminar? There was one wine that tasted exactly like concord grapes. That may have been me who made the comment.

We took my daughter to Disneyland when she was about 3.5 years old. We were sitting down on crowded Main St. waiting for the parade. It was packed and really hard to see things around us. Chip or dale (not sure which) was walking across Main St behind some people (we didnt see him) My adorable little daughter saw him and told my husband in her loud toddler voice "Daddy, I want to go over there and see that rat!"

We were looking around but we couldnt see any rats! My husband asked where the rat was, she pointed to him, as he came out from behind the crowd & everyone around us started cracking up. So now Chip and Dale are the RATS :)

Just thought of another one from our same trip to Disneyland. Daughter was about 3.5 years old. We were going on that Storytellers ride, I cannot remember the name. But you sit on a boat and go in through a whales mouth & get to see all the little miniature bldgs and things. My daughter was petrified thinking we were getting eaten by the whale. So we told her it was not real. Then later in the day she was afraid of something on Alice In WOnderland ride, we again told her that it was not real. Then throughout the day there were other things that scared her, and it seemed to work to just tell her that these scary things were not real.

Later that night, I was kissing her goodnight and she said to me "Mommy, are you real?"

The first time we went to MK, our kids were 2, 4 & 4. They were completely in love with the characters. My oldest son, as we were leaving MK at the end of the last night stopped and waved to Mickey, crying and saying, "Bye Mickey, we'll come see you again soon!"

Well 14 mths later we were back and this time, our son was much wiser. He informed me slyly that he knew the secret behind Mickey Mouse. "Mom, it's okay, I know he's just a mouse dressed up like Mickey." At the beginning of the conversation I was so sad that I thought he was already losing the magic and then it was so hard not to crack up. Boy, wonder how stiff the competition is among giant mice for that Mickey job!

On our very first trip to WDW my son was 5. We were heading into Epcot and he says (very loudly), "Look Mom! It's God's golf ball!"

I just wanted to hug the little guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter