Fun (and cool) things for an 8 year old boy

my ds is 8 aswell and he LOVED surfing lessons at Typhoon lagoon in october. it was pricey but well worth it:goodvibes

These are all great ideas! I'm making a list as we speak (so to speak).

My DS did the make-your-own light saber on our last trip. It was around $20 (he did the double sided one and I don't remember it costing more than a single, but I could be blocking out all costs from that trip :laughing:). Do they sell them at the Star Wars store at DHS now? We got ours at DTD.

My son made his in DHS near the Jedi Training Academy show. He paid for it himself and decided to only make the single sided light saber not the double as it was more expensive. (The PP were correct, it was in the $20-25 range.) The CM taped it shut and would not let him use it in the park. To avoid temptation, we had it sent to the front of the park and picked it up right before Fantasmic! then brought it back to the hotel ourselves. My choice would have been to send it back to the hotel, but we were told it could take a day or two. We had the time, but my DS couldn't wait. We convinced him that he wouldn't want to carry it around all day so to the front of DHS it went!

I have 3 boys too.. eldest is 8 but more naive and innocent sometimes than his 5 y.o brother I think! So they like to do the same things most of the time. Autograph hunting is a big thing still for DS8. However to be much cooler than DS5, he spent his own money on a baseball cap (at DTD) and asked the Big Five to sign the cap. It was his idea, and the characters did it no questions asked! It was his pride and joy and much admired by friends and school until our Labrador ate it. :rolleyes1 It's priority #1 to replace on our next trip.

Hi Everyone -

My sons are 6 and almost 8.

1. Pirate cruise - huge favorite - book it. We have done the POR one and are doing the yacht club one at Easter.

2. Fishing excursion - this is a great father / son event. My boys love fishing. My daughter (age 5) and I have some girl time whike they fish. Pricey but fun.

3. Eating at Sci-Fi - they think it is cool to eat in the cars and watch a movie.

4. "Cool Dudes" at the BBB (when their sister goes) or at the barber shop. They always get lots of attention for their cool dudes.

5. Hunting for a paint brush on Tom Saywer Island. Found one last trip and they loved it. Tip - put glow sticks on them in the caves and they can see better.

6. Sitting in the back of the train with the conductor and getting to say "all aboard".

7. Sitting in front row and getting picked for the Lion King show.

8. Jedi Training

9. Swimming at the pool (love the waterslide at POR).

10. Pin trading is huge - buy a lot on ebay before you go.

11. Mine like hunting for rare autographs.

12. Sitting in the front of the monirail (not offered right now but if it comes back it is great fun).

13. Lego store is fun followed by dinner at T-Rex.

14. Disney Quest (have not done it personally but hear it is a good time).

You can also fish inexpensively dockside at Fort Wilderness and Port Orleans. You can rent a fishing pole and bait for less than $10. We've done it before Hoop Dee Doo; it's a short walk from Pioneer Hall.

Ask if they can drive the boat on Jungle Cruise.

Family Magic Tour is a lot of fun for relatively short money as well.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter