Ft Wilderness Camp Chair?

BarbLynnM

ICMongeese
We bought this chair at the Settlement Trading Post a year or so ago, and I'm hoping to buy another one this year. If there's any available I would probably not bring our older less comfortable folding chair.

Has anyone seen such a chair lurking around either the Settlement or Meadows Trading Posts?20220622_155747.jpg

Me Likeee!!! I hope they become a 'regular stock' item since we aren't going to be there til 2023!!

I have a pair of identical chairs (same 'model') that DH and I bought probably 12-13 years ago for the Air Races. They're now faded and starting to get a bit ragged and rusty. Two FtW chairs would really spiff up the ol' campsite!

Well, we did buy a chair, but just as a heads up, the price when we bought the first one was $80. I'm going out on a limb here to guess it's a supply issue even though there were multiples on the floor.

Though I shouldn't be, I was shocked to see they've gone up in price to $135. Himself is debating Whether to buy it.
Well, we did buy a chair, but just as a heads up, the price when we bought the first one was $80. I'm going out on a limb here to guess it's a suthe pply issue even though there were multiples on the floor.

I was poking around the webz and it looked like there were actually two versions. This was looking at articles on various Disney travel/fan sites, not eBay or resale sites and obviously the travel/fan site articles had various dates on them so don't know how reliable they are. They showed the 'regular' one (white lettering) for around $90 and a 50th Anniversary (gold lettering) for around $150. Not gonna pay $150 for a camp chair just for some fancy lettering & a big 50th on it, no siree! But the 'regular' one at $90 is mighty tempting.

We've been visiting the Fort almost every month for a year now and have yet to NOT see that chair in the Trading Posts. In fact, since it came out years ago, I can't remember a time that it wasn't around.

One of my past times when we first head into the Trading Post(s) is to see what the latest price on that chair is :)

DW and i were talking about camp chairs this morning.. $130 is a bit more than i am willing to pay... ugh!

DW and i were talking about camp chairs this morning.. $130 is a bit more than i am willing to pay... ugh!

My understanding is that there are two versions. The 'regular' which is IIRC around $80-ish and the 50th Anniversary version which is the $130-ish one. I'm budgeting the $200 (80x2+tax) for the regulars even though I'll be paying through gritted teeth. But there's no way I'm paying nearly $300 for 2 chairs, even if they do have gold print! We didn't even pay that much for our cushy zero gravity camping recliners!

But we aren't going until Fall 2023 so who knows how much the regulars will cost by then, if they even have them. $200 is my limit.

PS can you imagine what Disney would charge for 'branded' zero gravity recliners? Yikes!!!!!

They have them sweet gold letters still in stock now on clearance…135!

So a measly $15 off is a clearance price? I've always thought of 'clearance' as a deep discount, much more than 10%. (I'm going off previous post that listed them for $150, but maybe they jacked up the price after that post)

I'm hoping they still have the 'plain white' version. Not just because they're cheaper, but because I don't care for 'glitz' on my camping chairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter