Frustrated with Lowes delivery--what would you do? Venting.

*BTMRR*

DIS Veteran
We were moving into a house that didn't include a washer/dryer, so I bought a set at Lowes because Lowes said they could schedule Saturday

Friday night, Lowes called and said they had accidentally sold the last set that day and no more were in stock. Said they would get more in stock and deliver first thing Monday morning.
Monday morning passed and I called Lowes to ask where my set was, and they said that nothing had come into stock except one damaged dryer.
The manager said he was personally sending a truck to a store in another city to pick a set up for me, and would deliver them first thing today.

So I wait around this morning. Finally I call. The guy said sorry, the computer had showed more were coming into stock last night so he didn't send the truck to the other store to get a set for me, and none came into stock.

He said he is sending a truck RIGHT NOW to the other store to get my set and that he will be sure they are delivered to me first thing tomorrow morning.

I want to just go in and ask for my money back. I keep clearing my schedule for this delivery, and waiting and waiting around the house, and nothing ever shows up, and then I have to call THEM to find out what happened. But I do need this set ASAP. I'm heading to the laundromat. :mad:

First thing tomorrow call and find out when your stuff is going to be delivered. They will know if it is on the truck for the day. Be proactive.

If the salesperson gives you the run around, then tell them you are heading up to their store to cancel the order.

Did you pay cash or credit? Find out the terms of getting your money back and make sure they follow through.

I'd give up on calling (the phone isn't working very well at this point) and just show up at the store in-person (*NOW*), ask (somewhat nicely) for the manager and have corporate's (or the regional/district's) number in my cellphone's speed dial (having talked to a person there whose name you will have asked for during that call).

At this point I think they owe you some money for your time and trouble.

Oh, and make sure you tell them that you've shared your WONDERFUL customer-service experience at this particular Lowe's with at least (hey how many people are registered on The DIS now anyways?) 200,000 of your closest Internet friends :teeth: .

Btw, where is this Lowe's? It sounds horrible.

agnes!

I'd give up on calling (the phone isn't working very well at this point) and just show up at the store in-person (*NOW*), ask (somewhat nicely) for the manager and have corporate's (or the regional/district's) number in my cellphone's speed dial (having talked to a person there whose name you will have asked for during that call).

Oh, and make sure you tell them that you've shared your WONDERFUL customer-service experience at this particular Lowe's with at least (hey how many people are registered on The DIS now anyways?) 200,000 of your closest Internet friends :teeth: .

agnes!

I agree. Go to the store, talk with management about the poor service and tell them they need to have your stuff delivered by COB today or first thing in the morning at the latest or you will cancel the order, call the district manager and write a letter to the corporate office.

Personally, I would go there right now and tell them they have until COB TODAY to have what you have bought and paid for delievered to your house.

Did you have to pay for delivery and installation? If so I would be demanding a refund.

I would cancel the order and shop elsewhere.

I had this issue with carpeting.

LOWE's scheduled the installers--I set aside my day, the installers called that they were on their way.

Well they never showed up.

Find out--they didn't show up, b/c Lowe's didn't have the carpet. It was still sitting on a truck in GA.

I was livid. This was the final straw in a comedy of errors invovling this carpet (for which they gave me a discount/refund to compensate), so I just cancelled the order and got a refund.

Funny story--about a week later, I got a phone call from the installer again--he was on his way to install it. I had to tell him that in that week, I had already cancelled, gotten my refund, went to a local carpet store and was already walking on my brand new freshly installed carpet.

I'd go to the store NOW--and get it resolved.

Lowe's--evidently their inept ways travels into other departments.

We bought several appliances from Lowes in the last year and always had great results with their delivery and shipping. Sounds like you've got a bad Lowes.

The first 2 issues sound understandable, but I'd be done after he promised to send a truck to pick one up from another store and then chose not to do so. I'd ask for a refund and go to a store that values my business.

Funny, here it's the Home Depot that is completely and utterly incompetent and Lowe's is great.

I would just cancel the whole thing. I have never heard of Lowes being so bad with delieveries

I would cancel the order and buy from somewhere else ... if they are giving you this kind of run-around service for just the delivery, can you imagine what they will do to you if something is wrong with the washer/dryer once it is finally delivered? ... I just wouldn't take any chances ... I would go to the store, ask to see the General Manager, explain to him/her the unacceptable service that you have received and get your money back ASAP ...

We had a VERY bad experience with Lowe's flooring department last year ... long story short, their "experienced" :rolleyes: floor installer installed our ceramic tile flooring incorrectly ... after days of getting the run-around and trying to go through the proper "chain of command", we eventually were able to get to a solution with the GM, but the aggravation we had to go through to get to that point was totally unprofessional and stressful ... as a result, I will personally never buy anything from Lowe's again ...

You've waited this long - I would call the store manager and give him another24 hours to have the washer/dryer in your home or you are not only going to cancel the order but call the corporate office and complain. They should not have sold you something they did not have in stock and then keep guaranteeing delivery when it was not going to happen.

If he guarantees it will be delivered by a certain time then tell him you need the delivery people to call you within an hour of delivery and you'll just meet them at the house.

I'd at least be sure to make sure they don't charge your for the delivery and also ask for some sort of compensation for having to go to a laundry mat and time spent waiting for them.

They should at least be able to refund you a % of the purchase price and / or give you a gift card to try and make it up to you.

I would just cancel the whole thing. I have never heard of Lowes being so bad with delieveries

We ordered a replacement part for our dryer from Lowes. They told us it wasn't in stock but would be available in 10 days at the store for pickup.

Received a phone call about a week later saying our part was in. We went to pick it up. They couldn't locate the part, or even that the order was placed. They did have a record that we were charged for SOMETHING. They had to reimburse the charge and re-order.

Next day we got a call saying the part was no longer available. So they were going to credit the new charge.

About a week later, we got a call - the part was in. We asked them (while still on the phone) to please physically check and see if the part was there. They came back, yes, it's here.

Went in and picked up part, they told us no charge because of all the confusion.

:cutie:

We had a similar incident with our new refrigerator we bought from Lowe's when we moved into our current house. It was the clearance floor model, and we got a great price! The night before it was to be delivered, they called and told us that they had sold it by mistake to someone else AFTER we had bought and paid for it, and that there was nothing they could do because these people took it with them! They insisted that we pay the difference between what we paid and what the current selling price of the new updated model was (several hundred dollars :scared1:) I think that was the first time I had ever seen DH get so mad! In the end, after about two hours on the phone, the manager agreed to send the delivery guys out with the newer model of the same fridge for the same price.

We had the same thing happen with Lowes and our washer and dryer when we moved on base. After mulitple mistakes and rescheduling, they show up with a dented washer and a dryer covered with blood stains from the delivery guy's cut open hand. We ended up not accepting the delivery, getting our money back and going with Sears or someplace.

OP, I just got a new washer and dryer delivered from Home Depot. I ordered online but needed the stacking kit and it wasn't available online, I had to order ot through the store. They made sure that it would be available by my delivery date and be on the same truck as my washer and dryer. They delivered, and installed it exactly when they said they would, everything was there. They even do a price match with a 110% price guarantee. ;)

agnes!

I agree and a call to corporate is in order or better yet a call to corporate and a snail mail letter backed by an e mail (one can always hit delete on e mail). Rip them a a new one. There is no excuse especially in this economy

I feel much better after reading the responses. Sometimes it helps a lot to just get some sympathy when you're in a frustrating situation.

I decided to just wait and see if the set arrives promptly first thing in the morning like the guy promised. If it doesn't, I won't waste anymore time. I'll just go in and ask for my money back and head somewhere else. I really do think they are going to get it right this time, but we'll see.

I think I will still write a letter to Lowes corporate and complain. In talking to the delivery manager I got the sense that this has happened to quite a few customers lately.

Thanks again for the commiseration.

Well, I had been told I would be "first delivery of the day, before 8a.m guaranteed" by the delivery manager yesterday, and Lowes called last evening to confirm that my set would indeed be first off the truck in the morning.

I waited around for an hour and then called. The delivery manager laughed :headache: and said, "We sold two tractors yesterday and those have to be delivered first so they're out doing that but they'll be at your house soon. You ARE first delivery of the day like we said--the tractors just came up unexpectedly."

:mad:

The truck came a couple of hours late but at least I have my washer/dryer now. The delivery guys (3rd party company) were SO super nice and friendly and helpful that it sort of made up for all the trouble. I gave them a good tip but will give Lowes a letter saying I won't be buying any appliances there anymore.

Well, I had been told I would be "first delivery of the day, before 8a.m guaranteed" by the delivery manager yesterday, and Lowes called last evening to confirm that my set would indeed be first off the truck in the morning.

I waited around for an hour and then called. The delivery manager laughed :headache: and said, "We sold two tractors yesterday and those have to be delivered first so they're out doing that but they'll be at your house soon. You ARE first delivery of the day like we said--the tractors just came up unexpectedly."

:mad:

The truck came a couple of hours late but at least I have my washer/dryer now. The delivery guys (3rd party company) were SO super nice and friendly and helpful that it sort of made up for all the trouble. I gave them a good tip but will give Lowes a letter saying I won't be buying any appliances there anymore.

What a hassle. I'm really shocked by how this Lowes has treated you. Lowes has always been wonderful when it has came to having things delievered. I would call the store manager first before writing the corporate offices. Give him a chance to fix it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter