Frozen Ever After LIVE reports!

We're here now. We have a FP from 1140am and the ride has been down.

On a good note - we were just able to meet Elsa and Anna with a 10 minute wait (don't even think we waited that long).

We're in line to meet them now

Just wanted to report that we were able to ride FEA right after our Akershus breakfast this mornings with no problem - though I know there's a thread out there saying that PPO ADRs must now line up outside of Mexico when exiting breakfast. A CM did tell DH we would have to exit Norway and line up with the masses (another diner was told the same thing). Upon pressing, though, we found we only had to leave Norway after dining, and were allowed to wait right outside until about 8:50 when they walked us to the ride ahead of the rope droppers. But we were not able to walk directly to the ride, so looks like that may have changed from early reports. But the Akershus plan still does work! :) Good luck to the rest of you!!

Our trip is in January wit a 5 y/0 Frozen-obsessed DGD. I sure hope they get this all figured out by then.

Just wanted to report that we were able to ride FEA right after our Akershus breakfast this mornings with no problem - though I know there's a thread out there saying that PPO ADRs must now line up outside of Mexico when exiting breakfast. A CM did tell DH we would have to exit Norway and line up with the masses (another diner was told the same thing). Upon pressing, though, we found we only had to leave Norway after dining, and were allowed to wait right outside until about 8:50 when they walked us to the ride ahead of the rope droppers. But we were not able to walk directly to the ride, so looks like that may have changed from early reports. But the Akershus plan still does work! :) Good luck to the rest of you!!

Thank you for the update. So if we exit akershus about 8:45, we should be able to get right on the ride?

Whew...happy to hear you made it onto the ride after breakfast. How long was the line just outside the entrance to Norway when you arrived? I'm relieved to know that the PPO breakfast plan is still doable, I just can't imagine how this policy of 'leaving Norway' will in any way deter the no shows at Akershus. What does this accomplish other than creating an unnecessary delay for those who actually paid for breakfast? It just doesn't seem logical, :confused: but then again, it's Disney so go figure. Anyhow, I am grateful that we will still have a good chance at riding FEA, and I can leave our plans in place.
I appreciate your report, thanks a bunch.:thanks: Happy 4th, and have a magical vacation!
pixiedust:

I have my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks. It didn't happen for us. Ride came back up as we were walking out of the park. We redeemed our replacement FP for TT, which promptly went down as well. Luckily, it came up just in time for us to ride and still catch ME. We'll try again for Labor Day

Whew...happy to hear you made it onto the ride after breakfast. How long was the line just outside the entrance to Norway when you arrived? I'm relieved to know that the PPO breakfast plan is still doable, I just can't imagine how this policy of 'leaving Norway' will in any way deter the no shows at Akershus. What does this accomplish other than creating an unnecessary delay for those who actually paid for breakfast? It just doesn't seem logical, :confused: but then again, it's Disney so go figure. Anyhow, I am grateful that we will still have a good chance at riding FEA, and I can leave our plans in place.
I appreciate your report, thanks a bunch.:thanks: Happy 4th, and have a magical vacation!
pixiedust:
Thanks!

There were perhaps 10-12 of us waiting outside when she walked us to the ride. Another 20 or so joined us before the RD crowd arrived.

Thanks!

There were perhaps 10-12 of us waiting outside when she walked us to the ride. Another 20 or so joined us before the RD crowd arrived.

Awesome! I feel so much better about keeping our Akershus ADR.:) Now if Disney can just keep FEA up and running we'll all be fine.

Almost every time I check the app it states FEA as "temporarily unavailable" - how often is is down to all riders and how often does this message mean SB line closed but my FP is still good?

Thank you so much for the info! But I'm so confused... if you had to leave Norway, where did you go exactly? Did they guide you to the right place?

Just a warning. We had a 9:15 princess breakfast in Norway this morning 7/5. When we were walking up to check in the masses were walking up to line up for FEA (we were allowed in a few minutes early to get to our breakfast. As we were checking in there were employees telling people that FEA was going to have to a "late start". I don't know how late the "late start" ended up being (we ate and came our an hour later and someone was asking when the ride was going to open up but I don't know if anyone got on before it broke down again) but don't assume that if you get there at rope drop you will get on, as apparently some mornings it have a "late start".

Thank you so much for the info! But I'm so confused... if you had to leave Norway, where did you go exactly? Did they guide you to the right place?
When we exited the restaurant, there was a CM stationed against the fence between FEA and the M&G building. No one "guided" us there, per se, but there was a small group congregated and we joined them, assuming they were waiting for the ride (we had asked if we could just line up for FEA and were told no, we had to leave the area). A few minutes later, the CM said, "ok, breakfast people, I'm going to walk you to the ride now" and lead us to the ropes. At that point, we were held outside the ride, in the queue, until 9.

We are visiting in the next couple weeks. Does anyone have any insight on what the line is like for FEA at regular hour park opening? Does the ride still open at 9? Is it still shutting down often? We were debating on not doing the hopper this time but that means I have one shot to ride FEA and I gotta make it happen! Any updates would help us decide. Thanks!

We are visiting in the next couple weeks. Does anyone have any insight on what the line is like for FEA at regular hour park opening? Does the ride still open at 9? Is it still shutting down often? We were debating on not doing the hopper this time but that means I have one shot to ride FEA and I gotta make it happen! Any updates would help us decide. Thanks!
We rode it this past Friday at opening we went direct to FEA & we walked on. We were at the Epcot gates 50 mins before opening so we were at the near front of the pack. If you just show up to the gates at 9 you will be way back of the pack.

We rode it this past Friday at opening we went direct to FEA & we walked on. We were at the Epcot gates 50 mins before opening so we were at the near front of the pack. If you just show up to the gates at 9 you will be way back of the pack.

Awesome, thank you for the info! We will try this, aim to be there about 8!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter