Frontier Airlines review

Do they still have those annoying screens in front of each person on the back of the seats with advertisements? Yes you can turn them off, but each time the pilot announced them they would come on again. I would not hesitate to fly Frontier again if they had the best prices for convenient flights, but I did find those screens annoying lol. It's been a few years since I've flown them, as they don't have a lot of flights from my hometown airport, St. Louis. We mostly fly Southwest, as they are the carrier with the most flights. Anyway, glad you were happy with them, and it is so nice to get to avoid a long drive on a vacation and have that work with the ole budget.

In 2017 I had to change an MCO trip because of hurricane Irma. I was flying down on Southwest and flights were canceled and I rebooked for a different week I was flying back on Frontier around the date flights were resuming. They offered a one time change without penalty applying old price to new price. Unfortunately the new price for a return difference was higher than a whole new ticket on Southwest, so I just ate the price of those tickets, never using them and flew Southwest instead. It was a really short window of usage that they gave me too. I'm not super negative on Frontier for this or anything, but I did miss the flexible SW change policy Southwest has for every discount ticket and full year after booking for changes.

Last edited:
So I thought since this is the budget board I'd write a review about one of the cost effective airlines that flies into MCO, Frontier. Now I've only flown with them once, however, everyone has different experiences. I know of a lot of people who also want to fly to Disney rather than drive and pay for parking, but airline tickets can be expensive too. So I thought I'd write this review in case anyone had any questions or was curious if it is a really good deal.

So we flew with Frontier a few weeks ago in early Dec. when we arrived at the airport the people that checked us in were very kind and helpful. The only thing that stinks about frontier is they charge you at least like $40-$50 for large checked carry-on (suitcases, large backpacks, etc). So we traveled with backpacks, small bags, and one checked carry-on.

One thing we didn't expect at all was my family would be seated together! We at first didn't opt to pay extra to be seated with each other, however Frontier has a policy that children under 13 are automatically seated with family. So instead of my mom, me, and my brother (under 13) being seated in different seats on the plane, we ended up being seated together for no extra charge. I know this is a problem for many families so keep that in mind if you want to be seated with your kiddos:)

The flight was un eventful, nothing really interesting. they had yummy food. The plane was brand new! It had nice leather seats and was very clean. I didn't use the bathroom though so I can't document how clean or nice it was lol:happytv:

The landing, I will admit, was a bit rough. We had some turbulence... But landed safe (maybe thanks to some pixie dust lol).

Overall Frontier is a pretty good airline! Our tickets were $60 one-way! And what's nice is we could've used ME to get to our resort ASMo ( we didn't though, long story short I purchased a car in FL and we would drive it back home). We are flying Frontier in February and will definitely use ME for Princess Marathon Weekend for our arrival and departing to and from ASMo.

Anyways, Frontier is a really good airline and if anyone if looking for a cheap direct flight into Orlando, I'd go with Frontier! That is if your airport has direct flights with Frontier :)

I love this policy but I’ve been looking on their web site and can’t find anything that says about children sitting with parents. I’d love to save the money and not pay to choose our seats if this is true. Any idea where I could find this?

I love this policy but I’ve been looking on their web site and can’t find anything that says about children sitting with parents. I’d love to save the money and not pay to choose our seats if this is true. Any idea where I could find this?

If it’s not written anywhere it probably is NOT policy. No airline has the policy that kids are guaranteed to sit by there parents without purchasing seat assignments.

Imagine a flight to MCO- full of families going to Disney. All but one bought seat assignments and only seats left are scattered all over the plane- are they going to make people from a family who paid for seats move for another family who didn’t pay for seats? Not likely

If an agent at Frontier tells you on the phone that is the policy I’d sure be asking where online it is policy and written. There are reports all over internet and these boards of families who are separated from their kids if they don’t buy seats. There is no law that kids have to sit by their parents.

Don’t save money by not buying seat assignments. If policy is not clearly on website it probably doesn’t exist. Agents on the phone aren’t always the most reliable. Looking at the website just now it clearly stares the only way to guarantee your party will sit together is to PURCHASE SEATS. Cost $6-$11 seems well worth it!

Well.... the people at the frontier check in and flight attendant told that's their policy. Maybe they don't post about so they can take your money lol

It’s not online and the website as of this morning says if you want to be seated with your party you should purchase seats.

Not saying that you weren’t told this but agents have been known to misinform people. If only middle seats left on plane then can’t make room for a family to sit together. Also if people paid for seats they don’t have to move for those who want to save money or feel kids entitle them.

I’m not saying you or anybody ask or expect people who pay to move for them. But if it were policy it would be clear on website and they can’t guarantee on every flight all families who don’t buy seats will be seated together. My “kids” are 22 and 23- I still buy seats or EBCI so we are seated together- and I sure wouldn’t move for someone who didn’t purchase seats.

Bottom line always a bone of contention here—if it is important to sit together save money elsewhere and PURCHASE SEATS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!