From Kick'n It at Kidani to Play'n It at Pop adults only p62/63 last thoughts&request

Oh gosh Mary Ellen, I think Shocker's on google images.....:lmao:

I have never seen a 10 minute stand-by for Soarin nor have we ever ridden stand-by. I've always wondered what was going on, on the other side of the wall....

Turf toe is new to me too! We've been dealing with cleat to the knee.....

Glad he got it treated!

walk on Soarin'?

Wow!

Despite having a family of soccer players, I have never had to deal with turf toe -- all of our fields around here are grass. Sorry to hear about your evening -- that horrible cough is making its rounds around our school -- I feel like I should be wearing a HazMat suit in my classroom because there are so many germs swirling around me all day long. Yick!

I can't believe how quiet Epcot was for you! I guess that is the difference between going in the middle of September and going on the second weekend of Food and Wine. Stormchasers does sound really fun -- we never made it to it this trip, but I am putting it back on the list for next summer. ::yes::

You got me wondering about the double booking too.

But when Disney makes a mistake they try to make up for it big time so I'm hoping it all turns out to be in your best interest.

The double booking mistake was actually mine, not there's. Promise to tell you soon!

Turf Toe is a new one to me. But then my kids are dancers and hockey players. No turf for them. I'm very familiar with coldbutitis. I get it often myself from sitting at the ice rinks.

Never heard of storm chasers. It sounds cute.

Coldbutitis - :rotfl2: Love that! I've had an occasional bout of that myself sitting on the cold, hard bleachers in November.

Strom chasers is in innoventions. It was pretty cute. I also recommend that fire safety game. That was a lot of fun. We did it in June. These are definately lesser attractions, but I've done everything else so its fun to try new things.

Oh gosh Mary Ellen, I think Shocker's on google images.....:lmao:

I have never seen a 10 minute stand-by for Soarin nor have we ever ridden stand-by. I've always wondered what was going on, on the other side of the wall....

I hope shocker can find something to make me laugh, because I was practically banging my head against the wall yesterday when the pharm tech told me it could be a 30 - 40 min wait. So Brian and I went next door to a pizza shop and ordered dinner. Brian said, "Mom, instead of complaining you should look at this as a chance for some quality bonding time". :lovestruc :hug: I shut right up. Bad mom!

The 10 min wait was unbelievable. I think it was only 15 or 20 mins when we came back out. It really was an amazingly uncrowded day.

Turf toe is new to me too! We've been dealing with cleat to the knee.....

Glad he got it treated!

walk on Soarin'?

Wow!

He has to take Cleocin four times a day!!!!!!! I'll be texting him every 6 hours - TAKE YOUR MED! If all goes well he should be able to play in his next game on Tuesday! If not, they gave me a name of a foot doctor to remove his toe nail. I seriously don't think it will go that far!

Yes....walk on Soarin at 9:15am. Very cool indeed!

Despite having a family of soccer players, I have never had to deal with turf toe -- all of our fields around here are grass. Sorry to hear about your evening -- that horrible cough is making its rounds around our school -- I feel like I should be wearing a HazMat suit in my classroom because there are so many germs swirling around me all day long. Yick!

I can't believe how quiet Epcot was for you! I guess that is the difference between going in the middle of September and going on the second weekend of Food and Wine. Stormchasers does sound really fun -- we never made it to it this trip, but I am putting it back on the list for next summer. ::yes::

More and more of the high schools have turf fields now, so most of their games are on turf. I have definately seen the incidence of this increase with the turf fields. Not to mention all the tiny black pellets that end up in your car, on your floor, and in the wash.

HazMat suit - :rotfl2: - I was thinking about that - How can teachers and people in doctor's offices stand all these germs. Yuch!!!!!!!!

I definately think the third week od September is a great time to go on the basis of crwd levels. But I really want to hit food and wine next year!

Today is going to be another crazy day, but I am still optimistic for an update. In the meantime, I am going to post this picture to show you that I really DO know how to smile..........

Sept2009-Disney165.jpg

p.s. when I wrote in last night's post that we parked in the handicapped lot, I meant to say we parked in the AAA lot. I went back and changed that! oops!

More and more of the high schools have turf fields now, so most of their games are on turf. I have definately seen the incidence of this increase with the turf fields. Not to mention all the tiny black pellets that end up in your car, on your floor, and in the wash.

My nephew is in the 8th grade this year, so I guess we can look forward to that next year. :rolleyes:

HazMat suit - :rotfl2: - I was thinking about that - How can teachers and people in doctor's offices stand all these germs. Yuch!!!!!!!!

I can't begin to tell you how much Lysol and hand gel I have been going through lately. All the nastiness is hitting our school early this year -- one day this week I had five people out of my second period class.

I definately think the third week od September is a great time to go on the basis of crwd levels. But I really want to hit food and wine next year!

Food and Wine was worth dealing with the crowds. I want to go back next year, too, if finances allow it.

That's a great picture of you and Denny with Goofy!

That is a really cute picture of you at Cape May!

I really wish I could be riding Soarin' this morning. :lovestruc

Loved all of your updates MEK!! I just love the theming at POP it is such a fun resort!! Thank you for sharing your pics I'm really looking forward to staying there in January...if that's where we stay:rolleyes1 You never know LOL!!!

10 minute standby for Soarin...that is amazing!!! I'm glad you rode on it!!!! I have never seen that line that short!!! Really enjoyed your balloon pictures it is pretty in the Land Pavillion!!!

P and I did Stormchasers and it was a lot of fun!!! YAY!!! We enjoyed it!!!

I'm sorry you are having a rough week, I wish you a much better week next week! I'm glad DS is getting treated and hopefully will be 100% before you know it!! I have to agree with CP there is something awful going around. I think I picked it up at Disney and had a couple of days where the cold was hurting me but didn't defeat me!! So stay healthy!!!!!! I'm with Jackie though I need to find me a Hazmat suit LOL!! :rotfl:

YOU my friend need to smile more often! So pretty!
Shocker did find some turf toe pictures to post but decided that I would get mad at him because they were just too gross.....:rolleyes1
I just hope that toe at home doesn't look anything like them!:eek:

My nephew is in the 8th grade this year, so I guess we can look forward to that next year. :rolleyes:

Maybe. :confused3 I wonder if turf fields are a regional thing. Meaning, maybe in Georgia you get warmer weather so the grass fields are easier to maintain. Yet, on the other hand, you get warmer weather so the fields dry out faster. :confused3 uhmmmmm!

I can't begin to tell you how much Lysol and hand gel I have been going through lately. All the nastiness is hitting our school early this year -- one day this week I had five people out of my second period class.
I heard the nastiness is everywhere, already!!!!! :scared1: There was some serious nastiness in the medical aide unit last night and I'm not talking turf toe.

Food and Wine was worth dealing with the crowds. I want to go back next year, too, if finances allow it.

Oh.....I sooooooo want to go next year. I am totally planning on it. I am 95% sure its a 'go'. I'm hittin' it solo since Denny thinks he will need a break from WDW after the May trip!

That's a great picture of you and Denny with Goofy!

Thanks! I think Denny was tickling me so I would laugh!

I love Cape May's breakfast! What a cute picture and it looks almost empty in there!

It was empty in there. We had the last ADR time 1055 and only a few more people were seated after us. I recommend it as a good time to go. Lots and lots of character interaction. I love a late breakfast every once in awhile.

That is a really cute picture of you at Cape May!

I really wish I could be riding Soarin' this morning. :lovestruc

Thanks LL. The Denny tickle works every time! Ditto on riding Soarin'!

Loved all of your updates MEK!! I just love the theming at POP it is such a fun resort!! Thank you for sharing your pics I'm really looking forward to staying there in January...if that's where we stay:rolleyes1 You never know LOL!!!

Thanks Jen! We really enjoyed POP, too. Plus September and January are great months to stay there because it doesn't feel as crowded. I am curious as to where you guys end up. I KNOW you will get a killer AP rate somewhere. I am predicting POFQ as your final destination. :rolleyes1

10 minute standby for Soarin...that is amazing!!! I'm glad you rode on it!!!! I have never seen that line that short!!! Really enjoyed your balloon pictures it is pretty in the Land Pavillion!!!

Shortest line I have EVER seen for Soarin. :thumbsup2 Glad you liked the balloons.

P and I did Stormchasers and it was a lot of fun!!! YAY!!! We enjoyed it!!!

:thumbsup2 You probably knew all the stuff already, being a science teacher and all! :laughing: Next year - food and wine - we break up into teams and do the fire safety thing. Losers buy the winners grey goose slushies! :rotfl:

I'm sorry you are having a rough week, I wish you a much better week next week! I'm glad DS is getting treated and hopefully will be 100% before you know it!! I have to agree with CP there is something awful going around. I think I picked it up at Disney and had a couple of days where the cold was hurting me but didn't defeat me!! So stay healthy!!!!!! I'm with Jackie though I need to find me a Hazmat suit LOL!! :rotfl:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 to the Hazmat suit! Thanks for the good wishes for a better week. I'm not sure why this week why so rough. But it just felt so ridicuously rushed and I felt like I just couldn't get ahead. And when I finally saw an end in sight.......the dreaded TURF TOE!

Muhahahaha! I saw that! :rotfl2:

I totally predict a split stay .... POP and POFQ. Sounds perfect to me!

LOL...with us the possibilities are endless LOL!!!! That's part of the planning fun LOL:rotfl:

I predict we will not know the outcome of this until AP rates are finally released. I hope you are both following the codes/rates thread for Jan AP rates. I followed that for June and found it really helpful!

Yay, it is wonderful to see you smiling! Great mini updates and looking forward to more! :goodvibes

Thanks! :love: I do look a lot less grouchy when I smile, don't I????? :laughing: I would say there is a good possibility I will get more done today!

YOU my friend need to smile more often! So pretty!

Thanks Anita. I really am trying to make a conscious effort to smile more! :rolleyes:

Shocker did find some turf toe pictures to post but decided that I would get mad at him because they were just too gross.....:rolleyes1
I just hope that toe at home doesn't look anything like them!

popcorn:: OK, now I'm curious. :laughing: I know the whole toe nail can end up coming off. Trust me, Brian's toe is probably not anywhere near as bad as the pictures shocker found.

Probably best that he not post anything too gross. I don't want to scare any of my readers away. As an alternate, I think I would be happy to settle for a picture of CP in that Hazmat suit. :lmao:

Brian said, "Mom, instead of complaining you should look at this as a chance for some quality bonding time". :lovestruc :hug: I shut right up. Bad mom!

He has to take Cleocin four times a day!!!!!!! I'll be texting him every 6 hours - TAKE YOUR MED! If all goes well he should be able to play in his next game on Tuesday! If not, they gave me a name of a foot doctor to remove his toe nail. I seriously don't think it will go that far!

I despise those black pellets. Kendall plays, and practices, on turf more often than not now and bleh! The boys like to roll around on the turf and it's like STOP! It completely sticks to the warmups especially...think I need to make the boys wear jeans to turf games.

I think all our HS and MS have at least one turf field , they just redid the field at Evans Elementary school and it has turf cut outs. Wild.

WTG Brian!

Today is going to be another crazy day, but I am still optimistic for an update. In the meantime, I am going to post this picture to show you that I really DO know how to smile..........

Sept2009-Disney165.jpg

You need to do that more often! Great picture!!!!!!!

Hi Mary Ellen! :wave:

I was with you on your Kickin it at Kidani TR and am so happy you did another one. I just got back from Kidani (last night....grrrrr) and LOVED IT....have stayed at Jambo three times and I must say I really enjoyed the quaint feeling at Kidani...yes it is smaller but I liked that the lobby wasn't always teeming with people rushing through. Loved the pool :lovestruc...awesome slide...won at Bingo :laughing: we did a lot of pool breaks seeing that it was in the mid 90's every day.
Love your report so far....Pop looks like a really fun place to stay. Do you really think you got the same room twice? We ate at Sci-Fi and we were in the same car, same seat as I was in during my January trip with my other niece! I still had the pictures on my camera so I showed our car-hop waitress! :rotfl:
Oh and to go back to the beginning your DH's fish was :scared1:
Love the HM pictures! :thumbsup2

Tracy

Wow! Soarin' was a walk-on!!! :yay: I've never gone through the real queue either. Was it any different?

Looking forward to your update-love the pic with Goofy, you both look like you are having a great time!

I despise those black pellets. Kendall plays, and practices, on turf more often than not now and bleh! The boys like to roll around on the turf and it's like STOP! It completely sticks to the warmups especially...think I need to make the boys wear jeans to turf games.

I think all our HS and MS have at least one turf field , they just redid the field at Evans Elementary school and it has turf cut outs. Wild.

Supposedly the newest turf fields don't have as many black pellets. I guess the techonology in turf fields has recently made advances. Go figure! Our newest local high school has a turf playing field and a turf practice field. Nice. Turf in Elementary school???? Wow! Personally, my kids really like the Bermuda grass stadium fields. I guess they are the nicest.

WTG Brian!

He was half kidding, but still....he was right!

You need to do that more often! Great picture!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Hi Mary Ellen! :wave:

I was with you on your Kickin it at Kidani TR and am so happy you did another one. I just got back from Kidani (last night....grrrrr) and LOVED IT

Hi Tracy ...:cool1::banana::cool1: Welcome Home and Welcome to my TR. Just Back last night!!!!!! Wow....sounds like you had an awesome time. Can't wait to read about it.

..have stayed at Jambo three times and I must say I really enjoyed the quaint feeling at Kidani...yes it is smaller but I liked that the lobby wasn't always teeming with people rushing through. Loved the pool :lovestruc...awesome slide...won at Bingo :laughing: we did a lot of pool breaks seeing that it was in the mid 90's every day.

I will agree with you there - the lobby did always seem calm and relaxed. And the pool was awesome for mid afternoon breaks! Congrats on winning bingo!!!!

Love your report so far....Pop looks like a really fun place to stay. Do you really think you got the same room twice? We ate at Sci-Fi and we were in the same car, same seat as I was in during my January trip with my other niece! I still had the pictures on my camera so I showed our car-hop waitress! :rotfl:

Pop was a lot of fun. Really a good value. :laughing: I am 99% sure I was in the same room. In fact, I have to find my pictures from that trip to prove that I have the same shot from the front door. If I wasn't in that room, then I was 2 down. But I don't think so cause I remember being right near the stairs. I wish I could find my room map, but I'm pretty sure I tossed the old one.

I got the same table at the CMCafe once. It is funny when stuff like that happens.

Oh and to go back to the beginning your DH's fish was :scared1:
Love the HM pictures! :thumbsup2

:scared1: on the fish and :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 on the Haunted mansion!

Wow! Soarin' was a walk-on!!! :yay: I've never gone through the real queue either. Was it any different?

Hard to believe, but true. The queue looked exactly the same. It just went in the opposite direction.

Looking forward to your update-love the pic with Goofy, you both look like you are having a great time!

Thanks. We did have a blast!

After we watched Stormchasers and strolled around Innoventions we decided to start our leisurely walk over to the Beach Club for brunch. The park was empty. We had the whole world showcase to ourselves. I wanted to get some pictures of England and Canada, but by the time we hit Canada it was 10:45am. Time really does fly at Disney world. At the very least, I always feel like time takes on a different dimension when I'm there. I have to try very hard to pay attention to the clock or I would never know what time it was. It's a very weird phenomenon and I wonder if other people experience Disney time vs. Real world time.

I think Canada might be my favorite building:

Sept2009-Disney153.jpg

How often do you get to take this picture without waiting for a kid to get out of the way?

Sept2009-Disney155.jpg

My favorite resort (that I've never stayed in) awaits.........

Sept2009-Disney178.jpg

We got to our ADR right on time. I really didn't want to be late because I wasn't sure how long they actually serve breakfast. A few other stragglers came in behind us. As we were waiting for our beeper to go off, the DVC man congratulated us on our anniversary and told us he had something to show us. Just then, our beeper went off, so he reminded us to come back after eating.

Now I should mention that wherever we went CM's wished us "Happy Anniversary". It was so cool. I was beginning to feel a tad special! :wizard: Breakfast was yummy. I did not take a picture of my plate because I didn't want everyone to see what a pig I made of myself. I do know the one thing I really wanted here were the lox and bagels. Yum. When I was a kid I used to go to this Jewish deli and I would always order the Nova lox and bagels. That was my favorite sandwich when I wasn't on my eternal teenage diet. I knew the lox will fill my hankering for a lunch type food and I could still enjoy the breakfast choices.

The character interaction was great here.

Sept2009-Disney161.jpg

Sept2009-Disney162.jpg

Sept2009-Disney160.jpg

Our waitress brought us out an anniversary card and two cupcakes:

Sept2009-Disney163.jpg

We asked to have the cupcakes packaged to go because we were far too stuffed to eat them.

I really enjoyed taking pictures of the cute little old fashioned beach outfits:

Sept2009-Disney164.jpg

Sept2009-Disney166.jpg

Sept2009-Disney167.jpg

I think I've seen Wig'd post a picture of this hallway, so I needed to venture there and take a few of my own pictures...

Sept2009-Disney175.jpg

Sept2009-Disney174.jpg

Sept2009-Disney170.jpg

Of course, I had to sneak out the back and take a few pictures of SAB. I said to Denny, "Isn't this the coolest?????"

Sept2009-Disney171.jpg

Sept2009-Disney172.jpg

After we had nosed around a bit I told DH I wanted to go back into the lobby to make a phone call.

So we headed back through this door to the lobby:

Sept2009-Disney176.jpg

I wanted to call member services and purchase our tickets for the Halloween party. I didn't want to wait until the end of the day because I was afraid I might forget. Noon is not the best time to call member services because of the long wait time, but I wasn't in a hurry to go anywhere.

While on hold, I took a few more pictures:

This one is through the glass:

Sept2009-Disney185.jpg

The lobby:

Sept2009-Disney182.jpg

Sept2009-Disney183.jpg

Sept2009-Disney181.jpg

I took all those pics from my very comfortable chair. After our party tickets were purchased the MS CM asked that one final question, "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Those were the words I was waiting to here. Before I knew it, it was out of my mouth, "Do you have any studios at the BC Villas tonight?". DH looked up from checking his stocks to give me the "evil" eye. She said, "Let me check". In all of ten seconds she returned to the phone to tell me there were available studios. I looked over at DH and he did not object. I said, "I'll take it". She said, "that will be 12 vacation points. Do I have your permission to borrow from your 2010 points?" I said "yes".

The next question was unexpected and threw me a bit, "Do you want the dining plan?". Silly, over anxious me said, "No. I already have the dining plan at Pop." She said, "Are you checking out of Pop?". I replied, "No".

She said, "I'm sorry. That is overbooking. I can not book the room for you". Whaaaaat? I felt so stupid. I said, "Really?". Honestly, I had no idea that a reservation on points and a paid reservation for one night would be overbooking. I apologized, but I felt like a smuck. Plus DH was giving me one of those "nan-ny, nan-ny, poo-poo" looks. She told me she could still cancel the transaction and put my points back in my 2010 use year. Good thing.

So, I was that close to staying at the Beach Club for one night. So close I could taste, I could smell, I could feel it. And in the blink of an eye the elusive BC was gone! I tried to pull myself together, but I still felt stupid.

After we got up, mr DVC man caught our attention and told us someone has a special message for us. It was Donald on the phone wishing us a happy anniversary. It was cute, but at the moment I wanted to cry. Oh well....I had to look at the bright side. At least I didn't have to go back to Pop and pack an overnight bag. DH looked at it like this, "That's the equivalent of $120 we save". (12 points x $10 point). Trust me, an overnight at the BC would definately have been worth 12 point to me.

So, LL, here is a beautiful chandilier for you:

Sept2009-Disney187.jpg

When I return.....the rest of the afternoon at Epcot!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I just adore Beach Club! Just what I needed to see on this dreary Kansas day.
I can't believe that you were so close to a night at the villas. UGH! Double booking what a headache!:headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter