• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fridge at Pop

amy611lou

Earning My Ears
I thought I read somewhere that the value resorts now have fridges in the room free of charge. Am I crazy or is this true now? The last time we stayed at value this was not the case.:goodvibes

All the values resorts have what is referred to is a beverage cooler; they were completed with the installation in April 2012.

They are the size of a small dorm fridge.

The reason it was done is because it was cheaper to install them in all of the rooms, rather than pay for storage area for requests, the personnel needed to keep track and deliver/pick-up the fridges, lost time wages due to back injuries, etc.

They are also are small enough and have no freezer compartment, that they don't use up nearly the electricity that the fridges do in the moderates and deluxes. They basically just keep things cold.

Thank you:banana: Just need something to keep some water/sodas cold! Yay, one less expensive (not like I won't spend it on something else at Disney but hopefully something more fun than a fridge)

There is a fridge, no freezer section as has been mentioned, but if you're a coffee drinker be advised there is NO coffee maker, I repeat, NO coffee maker in the room!!! :eek: When I realized that, you could've knocked me over with a feather, and I'm a big girl. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter