Frequency of incentives for direct

I wouldn't buy direct DVC at all right now with the decisions DVC and Disney in general are making, an obvious example being the AP.

If I were buying direct -- After staying in VGF2, I would wait for Poly2, especially if you would rather have Poly anyway. Guesses have put points for sale late summer or fall 2023, so not long to wait at all. It should be obvious pretty soon if this project is going or not. I'd hands down take a new building over this cheap flip, even with restrictions.

I think the VGF incentives are good, and even think it's a good mathematical buy as sleep around points. But resale is better and now is an excellent time to buy resale. Especially Poly resale with all the uncertainty and tons on the market. And if you plan to by Poly2, the existing owner incentives could be great. They were for VGF2 and for RIV. And you should be able to split your 150 buy in if you are an existing owner. A new owner had to buy 150 of VGF2, but an existing owner could buy two 75s or three 50s.
What are the pros of splitting the direct 150 point buy? Is it because it is easier to resale?
Using the Disney Visa gives you the additional 6 months with 0% so when combined with the 90 days they will give you, it can be stretched out!!

I bought in March and don’t have to pay the bulk of it until November/December because I got both!!!
So with the Disney Visa you get 6 months with 0%, plus an additional 90 days from DVD?

What are the pros of splitting the direct 150 point buy? Is it because it is easier to resale?

So with the Disney Visa you get 6 months with 0%, plus an additional 90 days from DVD?

You sure can! That’s what I got!

And, DVD requires that a new buyer must purchase their first contract at 150. It can not be split smaller.

My understanding is that once you have past the rescission period then you are on the hook and the contract(s) can’t be changed.
They let us re-do our contract. We added more points and got the increased incentives for our Riviera contract. We did this just before the contract closed.

Oh cool that’s a nice option if you need it.
It worked out good for us. We were 1 day away from closing and our guide was out of the country, so they put a hold on closing. Member services QC contacted me and said they would have my guide reach out as soon as possible. Glad I asked them to break up my payments when we originally purchased, otherwise it would have already been closed.

Like the OP, I’m tinkering with 100 points at GF for the nonrestrictedness of them. I only have 50 direct right now.

Is the 90 days only with financing? I couldn’t get the 90 days with paying strictly with Disney visa.
I didn’t finance when I got the 90 days on my Amex purchase. I knew others had received it, so I specifically asked for it when we discussed payment terms. Though they did mention they had to get quality assurance approval.

Is the 90 days only with financing? I couldn’t get the 90 days with paying strictly with Disney visa.

I asked for 90 days and they spread payments out across my 3 Disney Visas so I don’t have to actually pay in full until November/December.

While it's hard to predict the future, Disney has been running some sort of direct incentive since Riviera went on sale, so there will always be something. Don't buy direct points without some kind of incentive. They also have additional discounts right now for Disney Visa cardholders, which is a free credit card, so definitely look at using that.

As a new member buying a smaller contract, your discount won't be great, maybe only a few dollars per point.

Not yet a DVC owner but pretty committed at direct for our first 150 and do resale after that. From a newbie standpoint if I wanted direct, now ( or at least within the next year), it seems like the current incentives are not bad, right? RIV is out for us because we are a bigger fan of VGF. (We’d love poly but we can wait till poly2 for that).
Question 1: how “good” are the current incentives right now? Like historically speaking are they pretty good? (200 points comes out to like 198/pt I think)
Question 2: how often do incentives like these come out from Disney for direct?

Obvious angle for me here is “should I buy now or wait for another incentive that is bound to be better?”

Remember my goal is to get direct for the first 150-200 pts.
Thoughts?

Total price rarely ever goes down. When they improve incentives, they often raise the base price at the same time.
So you go from getting $10 off $197 to getting $12 off $201 -- The incentives increased, but the real price actually increased.

Sure, under bad recession, extremely poor sales, direct prices may come down a little. But the overall trend is ever increasing prices. AND, as the expiration date remains the same for a given property, you end up paying more to get less. ($190 to get 48 years, or a year later.. $200 to get 47 years).

In other words, I'd never wait around for better incentives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter