french quarters or riverside

tinkerone

DIS Veteran
looking at port Orleans, only for a night or two. which would you choose and why?? French quarter or riverside??

I prefer French quarter... It is smaller and quieter. I like
That no matter where your room is you are a short walk to main hall, the pool, parking lot.

I love the jazz they pipe in around the grounds....

I vote for French quarter!!! I love hearing the horses clip clopping on the street!!!;)

I agree with French Quarter. Smaller, quieter. We could go to fill our mugs and be back in the room in just a few minutes. Not possible at Riverside, it's so much bigger. French quarter is also the first bus stop on the way home from the parks, definitely nice after a long day.

Weell, we're staying at French Quarters right now and i just got the most rude and worst service from the quick service food court. Told them my daughter, on her birthday came down with the stomach flu. Told them that the paramedics, yes, she needed help becuase she doubled over while we were in the Comptemporary waiting for our reso time which we had to cancel, instructed us to stay ona strict diet of water and crackers/toast.

I knoew crackers would be easier for her and no one cared to help me.meven though i patiently explained our situation. I went to the final two people and the lady, without looking at me just waved me off and said, "crackers over there!"

I explained that no one was there to help me and she just ignored me, walking away. The pawtry guy, who was new, saw how upset I was and came to help. He was the only cool one there.

This was also after a bus driver went off on me after i politely asked her if we squeeze in her bus. We came early but there was a huge crowd. We had reservations to make at The Crystal Palace. Most bus drivs get people to move to th back but she just sat there. She said no, so i backed off right away. I didn't want to get into an argument.

I just wantednto see if she could help.

Rather then just leaving it at that, she started to just go off on a rant... Ask if my request was some sort of crime.

Then, yestrday, we were stuck on a broken ride in the mexican pavillion of world showcase for 30 minutes of so. Because even though they were having technical difficulties making the ride stop every minute or two, they kept on loading people!

Finally they shut the ride down.

Ok... That last one was not about the resort.

But this has been the worst disney vacation ever!

:cool2:
Weell, we're staying at French Quarters right now and i just got the most rude and worst service from the quick service food court. Told them my daughter, on her birthday came down with the stomach flu. Told them that the paramedics, yes, she needed help becuase she doubled over while we were in the Comptemporary waiting for our reso time which we had to cancel, instructed us to stay ona strict diet of water and crackers/toast.

I knoew crackers would be easier for her and no one cared to help me.meven though i patiently explained our situation. I went to the final two people and the lady, without looking at me just waved me off and said, "crackers over there!"

I explained that no one was there to help me and she just ignored me, walking away. The pawtry guy, who was new, saw how upset I was and came to help. He was the only cool one there.

This was also after a bus driver went off on me after i politely asked her if we squeeze in her bus. We came early but there was a huge crowd. We had reservations to make at The Crystal Palace. Most bus drivs get people to move to th back but she just sat there. She said no, so i backed off right away. I didn't want to get into an argument.

I just wantednto see if she could help.

Rather then just leaving it at that, she started to just go off on a rant... Ask if my request was some sort of crime.

Then, yestrday, we were stuck on a broken ride in the mexican pavillion of world showcase for 30 minutes of so. Because even though they were having technical difficulties making the ride stop every minute or two, they kept on loading people!

Finally they shut the ride down.

Ok... That last one was not about the resort.

But this has been the worst disney vacation ever!

Sorry for typos.. ipad not easy to type fast on.

We've stayed at POR for one night post cruise and it was a good choice. We like how big the resort is since we weren't going to the park. We were able to walk around, sit by the different quiet pools, eat at Boatwrights, and take the boat to DTD. POFQ is very compact and therefore not a lot to see. It also feels more crowded to me because of that.

Another vote for Riverside :cool1:!

The grounds are gorgeous, the pools, boat to DTD, horse and buggy rides and either the mansion section or Aligator Bayou to chose from to stay at. We love this resort and will return here time and time again.

Though I would like to try POFQ because it is compact, I really like POR. I just like the the theming, food court and Piano Bob so much.

Honestly you can't go wrong with either choice. This is the only moderate resort my family will stay at

I would vote French Quarter, I like how small it is and it also has the boats to DTD.

POR has more activities and a bigger pool and slide. It also has quiet pools. POFQ just has one pool and the slide is better for smaller children. Both have beautiful grounds. POR is more lush while POFQ is more quaint. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Yes, POFQ is smaller, quieter, etc. But, most importantly, you'll never miss a bus! That's why my family will be returning there next Christmas. Because of the small amount of people staying there, it's the first stop and you just about always get on the bus.

Another vote for the FQ - has a special place for me as it was the resort I stayed at the first time I went to Disney on my own!

Yes, POFQ is smaller, quieter, etc. But, most importantly, you'll never miss a bus! That's why my family will be returning there next Christmas. Because of the small amount of people staying there, it's the first stop and you just about always get on the bus.

just came back - read above complaint.

and yes, you will miss a bus. we often were not able to get on the first one because it was jammed pack. had to wait for a 2nd one. we always tried to arrive early, too.

overall, our experience with the transportation was frustrating this time. there was more chaos - lots of people complained that it was taking longer, more packed, scheduling was off, etc.

I have stayed at both...they are fabulous. But I prefer Riverside...I like the food court better, and I just enjoy a bigger resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter