Freezer section in new SSR studios

zavandor

DIS Veteran
I'm going this December (if border really reopens to international tourists) and staying at SSR. Have the fridge in the studios the small freezer section? We're looking to have groceries delivered and wondering if we can order something frozen (not much, I know, the freezer area if present would be small).

I believe all studios have small fridge/beverage coolers with NO freezer. Even when they had freezer section they were about 2-2.5 inches. If you need a freezer you need a 1BR or larger.

I'm going this December (if border really reopens to international tourists) and staying at SSR. Have the fridge in the studios the small freezer section? We're looking to have groceries delivered and wondering if we can order something frozen (not much, I know, the freezer area if present would be small).
I hope the border is opened for you!!

I believe all studios have small fridge/beverage coolers with NO freezer. Even when they had freezer section they were about 2-2.5 inches. If you need a freezer you need a 1BR or larger.
Thanks. I remember having a small freezer at BWV, it was good enough to freeze the water in a plastic bottle, so it should be fine to keep a few items for breakfast, but not sure with model of fridge they've installed with the renovations at SSR.

It's pretty much hit or miss if you get a freezer in a studio refrigerator. Most of the time they do not have them. But sometimes they do.

Stayed in a studio at SSR (Paddock Section) in September and there was no freezer section in the mini fridge.

There is a difference between a fridge and a beverage cooler. DVC studios as of right now will have a mini fridge, some have a small freezer and some do not. Our OKW fridge in April had a small freezer. We made ice in it every day. DVC seem to be switching to ones without a freezer. Beverage coolers do not get as cold as a refrigerator does. VGF 2 will have beverage coolers in them.

It has been reported that many of the DVC studios have the beverage cooler. That's why I put small fridge/beverage cooler Mainly to say NO Freeze with either of these 2 options. A rare one may still have the small fridge with a small freezer option. The ones with the freezer are being replaced due to several fires caused with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!