Free upgrade news!

Just wanted to share the magic that my sister and her family just experienced!!! They were scheduled to stay at a value resort and had a free upgrade to akl for the week!!!!! I guess they over booked!!! She sent me pics and it looks like they have a balcony with a view of animals :). Must be nice :)

When I went to AsMo for one of my trips that happened to the lady in front of me. She was upset and wanted to stay there. I overheard and told them I would gladly take the upgrade. She then changed her mind but said they should comp tickets or give her some other compensation since she was staying somewhere other than where she booked. To some, an upgrade is just not enough. ;)

So happy for your sister though. Loved my AKL stay.

And to think I was thrilled when por upgraded us from garden view to preferred. That is awesome.

ASsports seems to be overbooked right now. There still seems to be availability at ASMu, but I'll send you some pixie dust anyway.pixiedust:

I know that there is at least one school's band staying at POP right now. My cousins are down there right now with band.

How awesome ! I was excited to just be upgraded to a preferred room at sports last month- I figured it was because of all the cheerleaders there and I asked for a quiet room . They just made a disney customer for life with your sister !

Congrats to her!!
And I know I am in the minority here, but I would not be happy...:rolleyes:
I absolutely HATE AKL! they would have to literally give me the room for free in order to get me to stay at AKL... I don't want to even pay value room rates to stay there!! :lmao: I would be telling them to look thru their inventory again or move me to a better deluxe but not AKL! :rotfl2:

LOL!!! So does that gift horse so straight to the glue factory then?? :lmao:

It does prove the adage though, it is impossible to always make everyone happy.

WOW. To go from a value to a deluxe that must be nice! Congrats to the family! Hope they have a great time! :thumbsup2

I wanted to share that a similar thing happened to me back in 2010.. Dec 26th to 31st ( to give disney people some hope) we had booked all stars movies and I received an email saying that the resort was booked to capacity and that it would be easier for everybody if I could move to animal kingdom or yacht club..as soon as I saw the email I called them requesting the animal kingdom but they said my only option for the upgrade was the yacht club.. And I said YES please! So it was an incredible upgrade as i would have paid Three times as much and it was my first disney trip ever! now that's some disney magic:)

Happened to me last Feb with the Royal Rooms. I booked a GV room and they were not done. Got a call from Disney with an upgrade to Poly TPV room. I was not thrilled at first because I didn't understand the upgrade I was given. Many Disboard members set me straight and I am so thankful. It was an AMAZING place, view and experience. I will never be able to afford that so to have it gifted to me was beyond words!

wow that would be our dream upgrade! Too bad for us we always go during the 'slow' season so it will never happen on our trips but I love reading about it happening to other people!

I can only dream some pixie dust gets sprinkled on our upcoming trip to POP April 28-May 3rd....not only is it my graduation from the masters program in education but it is my husbands birthday and it has taken me years to convince him to go with me to Disney. I always read about these magical Disney dream upgrades but have yet to have anything special or "extra" happen on our Disney vacations, not even a pin :( but I still love visiting the happiest place on my earth.

I will go to bed every night praying for such an amazing upgrade.

SO Happy for your sister and her family!!!:cloud9:

Diane

What an awesome upgrade! When we went in 2008 we were upgraded from standard to savannah view bunkbed room at AKL. Disney is such a special place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter