"Free" drinks?

crystalk

Mouseketeer
I noticed in a recent navigator that at the Captains reception it says something along the lines of 'enjoy a cocktail while meeting some of the ships officers' does that mean they come out with drink trays or what? buy one at the bar and bring it? :rotfl2:
If it is 'complimentary', are there other opportunities for complimentary drinks? (One might as well enjoy if its offered :p) I might have been missing out before!

Yes there are crew member walking around with complimentary drinks during the Captains reception. Not aware of any others, but I could be wrong.

The DVC reception usually serves complimentary mimosas. I don't know if you have to be a member to attend.

At the Captain reception on our last cruise there was a mixed drink or two and red and white wine. I actually grabbed a cocktail and wine on the way to dinner and brought it into our MDR.

I have seen drinks at the DVC promo meetings. Also, at the cooking classes they usually have a wine that complements the dish.

If you haven't done any of the drink tastings, I highly recommend them. We have done the liquor and chocolate tasting twice, love it and a great time and only $20. You get 6 different liquor/wines to try.

The DVC reception usually serves complimentary mimosas. I don't know if you have to be a member to attend.

No, you don't have to be a member to attend. I think they prefer the one on embarkation to be members, and their friends/guests,but they're not going to turn people away.

Captain's Gala night onboard always has servers with complimentary trays of drinks walking around the atrium. Usually wine and a punch. They also have non alcoholic drinks for the younger folks.

MJ

At the Captain reception on our last cruise there was a mixed drink or two and red and white wine. I actually grabbed a cocktail and wine on the way to dinner and brought it into our MDR.

I have seen drinks at the DVC promo meetings. Also, at the cooking classes they usually have a wine that complements the dish.

If you haven't done any of the drink tastings, I highly recommend them. We have done the liquor and chocolate tasting twice, love it and a great time and only $20. You get 6 different liquor/wines to try.

Do you just sign up when on-board for the tastings? Do they sell out fast? I am not a big drinker but interested in trying an array of wine and finding 1 I like :)
Thanks

Thanks for the replies everyone! Now I'm off to make friends with a DVC member! :rotfl2: Just kidding!!:lmao:

Captain's Gala night onboard always has servers with complimentary trays of drinks walking around the atrium. Usually wine and a punch. They also have non alcoholic drinks for the younger folks.

MJ

Are the non alcoholic drinks just for the "younger folks" or can an adult have a non alcoholic drink as well? :confused3 Not all adults choose to drink alcohol.

MUN

Anyone of any age can have the non-alcoholic drinks.
I can't remember for sure but it seems like it was some kind of fruity punch on our last cruise.

Are the non alcoholic drinks just for the "younger folks" or can an adult have a non alcoholic drink as well? :confused3 Not all adults choose to drink alcohol.

MUN

Oh no, anyone can have them!!! You are 100% right that not all adults want an alcoholic drink!!

MJ

Do you just sign up when on-board for the tastings? Do they sell out fast? I am not a big drinker but interested in trying an array of wine and finding 1 I like :)
Thanks

Some tastings do sell out fast!!! You sign up at guest services. Many do it when they board.

MJ

The DVC sales meetings offer free drinks. With and without alcohol. It's not a hard push sales, so don't worry. You will also have a nice noteblock and some meetings have a raffle for OBC. No sales will be completet on the spot, but of course you will be "suggested" to make an appointment to buy into DVC. I found it amusing to attend and a nice drink.

The tastings are good fun and good value (6 drinks) for you money ($15-$25). You must sign up for these. The day 1 navigator will tell you the place to do this as this could be guest services or the Promenades lounge.
Enjoy your cruise!

There were no free drinks on Captains night on our December Wonder cruise at all. Everybody was looking for them and nothing. :confused3

There are also free drinks at the Castaway Club reception for Gold and Platinum members. We don't drink a lot, but do try to score during this opportunities!

yes...gold and platinum reception has drinks and plenty of them. I probably drank a whole bottle of champs during that reception.

Plenty of free drinks on the Fantasy in December. Like a PP said, 3 different alcoholic ones at the Member get togethers. I was partial to vanilla vodka and Sprite. ;) Seems like I came and went to several meetings if I recall correctly. Also plenty of drinks at the captain's reception as well, we were watching Million Dollar Arm in the Buena Vista Theatre and walked out two or three times to grab another one.

The cooking demos usually pour a small glass of wine to go with the tasting at the end. It's for adults only and there's usually three different demos done on different days: appetizer, entree and dessert. Check the Navigator for times and locations. No cost and no tickets required, just show up and sit at a table. I think that they were all done in Studio C (Magic) when we attended them.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter