Free Disney Dining 2018?

k8Davies

K8Davies
Well I probably won't be getting to Disney this year because you know:

Poor.jpg

lol. (sorry loving that picture at the moment)

So I plan to save like a crazy person and go early 2018 before the little one starts school in September.

so I was wondering first do you think they will be offering free Disney Dining 2018 - Especially on Virgin Holiday

And if yes when do these normally come out so I can make sure I have my deposit together and the start of my holiday fund.

Traditionally it has been offered end of April. It will be interesting to see what happens this year with so much construction etc happening, seems like a lot of changes at Disney. I'm also holding out for the free dining too, keeping everything crossed this isn't the year they don't offer it

we're doing free dining this summer (the UK package that we booked last year)..
so given that we're digging deep for the summer 2017 WDW trip, 2018 will have to be on this side of the atlantic...
so to manage a disney fix, we're hoping for a summer 2018 Disney cruise....:)

the next WDW vacation probably won't be another 6 years or so (the time since our last family trip to WDW in 2011)...about every 6 years seems as much as is doable given the high costs of getting to the states in the summer .. if we could somehow go off season, it would be easier (since flight prices are half the cost in the winter), but the kids are in school and the parents who are all teachers are in school as well....so summer it is...

Well I hope you have an amazing time @disneyholic family, I'm currently averaging once every 2 years but up until now, but I have had the luxury of going out of season.

That will stop come September 2018 when the little one Starts School then I probably have to reduce to once every 3 -4 years.

That why I want to get one last trip in early next year out of season and if they do offer the dining plan that will make it that little bit cheaper.

So thanks @TandCmum I will keep my eyes peeled for around April time and fingers crossed they are offering it.

Although knowing my luck they'll probably decide not to offer it for next year and re-instate for 2019 lol :tongue:

Well I hope you have an amazing time @disneyholic family, I'm currently averaging once every 2 years but up until now, but I have had the luxury of going out of season.

That will stop come September 2018 when the little one Starts School then I probably have to reduce to once every 3 -4 years.

That why I want to get one last trip in early next year out of season and if they do offer the dining plan that will make it that little bit cheaper.

So thanks @TandCmum I will keep my eyes peeled for around April time and fingers crossed they are offering it.

Although knowing my luck they'll probably decide not to offer it for next year and re-instate for 2019 lol :tongue:

we used to go every year when it was just the 4 of us (me, DH, DD and DS), but now that DD and DS are married and with kiddies, it's just too expensive for all of us every year....too many rooms, too many flight tickets...

but that won't stop me from checking the UK free dining for 2018 when the offer comes out!! :)

we used to go every year when it was just the 4 of us (me, DH, DD and DS), but now that DD and DS are married and with kiddies, it's just too expensive for all of us every year....too many rooms, too many flight tickets...

Well I think you should check out the Free Dining and then have a cheeky trip with out the kids or grand-kids, especially during Food and Wine lol :thumbsup2

I read on a FB page yesterday that the UK free dining offer will be released on 21st April. That seems pretty consistent with previous years.

Claire :)

UK free dining offer will be released on 21st April.

Ooh thanks I will keep a note of that date in my diary.

Although seems like a sensible date as everyone will be back from the Easter Holidays.

Getting a bit excited now as even though I'm not going this year (see the OP for details lol) as soon as I start pre-planning a trip I feel all Disney-fied

Hello again @k8Davies It seems great minds think alike :thumbsup2

I'm on the lookout for free dining too, having a trip last November and saying we won't go again for another 4 years, I'm hoping to book for next October (2018) :rolleyes1 I'm already planning restaurants that we would like to try next time so fingers crossed for free dining :)

Sound like a good plan @Tash87 as who can wait 4 years between trips that just crazy talk lol :rotfl2:

I really want to book up and I keep looking at holidays but I have to keep telling myself, just wait for the dinning, just wait for the dinning, stay away from the computer and wait for the dinning lol :rotfl:

Although planning the restaurants is a good idea might keep me focused - Ooooh I could also plan my snack credits mmmmm snacks...

The deal that WDW site has at the moment is good, although it's too short notice for us to save up that amount.

Hoping that the free dine is a good deal, if not I may just save up for the rest of the year and hope that a similar offer that is on now will be on next year. Trouble is I find it harder to save when I've nothing booked :guilty:

I don't know about you but we had loads of snacks and qs meals left that we ended up with hundreds of dollars worth of snacks that we bought home :teeth:

Looking forward to trying some new Disney restaurants :goodvibes

I'm waiting too, we have a weeks disney cruise booked for Sep 2018 and I want to do a week at WDW beforehand. It's for our familymoon and it will be our first visit. I really hope they do free dining.

As others have said, I think free dining for 2018 is imminent. Their free nights deal for 2017 runs out today on their own site.

Check out WDW travel company too, not just Virgin. Last time we went we used Disney themselves and hope to do so again. Also, if wanting to pay in installments, you can ring them to pay a little bit more as many times as you like, they didn't add a percentage on if you used a credit card either. The only thing with them is that flights aren't available through them until 11 months out. However, you can book all the other stuff further out, then add flights later, or book the flights separately yourself elsewhere. We were too nervous to do that the first time so booked with them as soon as flights were released. But if you are thinking of going early 2018 it won't be long until they have flights available anyway. We went as everyone was heading back to school after Easter. My kids were having a later break than most of the other schools and we asked for a week off too. So their spring break was over, our schools hols were over and we got the flower and garden festival at Epcot. Weather was slightly hotter than average for that time, so we were told, but it was perfect. Hot, but not too humid and there was only one night we had to leave the a/c on through the night. Which I prefer not to have to do. But sadly, we can't go at that time of year now for many years. Our eldest has started high school, no more later holidays and we won't take her out of school now she's older. It was great though. No mad crowds, couldn't have asked for more. Sigh..... wish I was going back again at the end of this April. But sadly not.

Just been on WDW site and the free dining is bookable for 2018 :goodvibes

It does state though that the booking will not be confirmed until 6th April ( or something like that )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter