Free Dining

Sapper383

DIS Veteran
I hope someone can help

We are going to Disney in Sep and when we have the counter service free dining.
I've heared Disney are now offereing the Counter Service to Value resorts and the table service to Moderates and delux. As we are staying at POR would we now get the table service free dining?

Hope this makes sense

Thanks for your help

i beleive that is what the offered the us residents and the uk value didnt get free dining

we fly next week to POFQ and have paid an upgrade fee for the table service plan

i would suggest calling your TA and checking on the upgrade cost, or maybe calling WDW direct, there may be a difference in price.
if you are traveeling soon, during free dining, you may not be able to get adrs for your restaurant choices, and therefore may not be worth the extra £££.
hth
tracy
ps we did pors last year, its lovely!

We have booked with Virgin and when we asked to upgrade our dining plan they said we couldn't just pay the difference to upgrade as we had the counter service Free we would have to pay the full price for table service.

We have book all our ADR's already, so thats not a problem. We just didn't know if Disney changing the free dining options would apply to us.

thanks

I think we paid £4 extra per peron per pday for the upgrade from counter service to regular dining plan but we booked with disney uk and had the option when booking online to do this

We have booked with Virgin and when we asked to upgrade our dining plan they said we couldn't just pay the difference to upgrade as we had the counter service Free we would have to pay the full price for table service.

We have book all our ADR's already, so thats not a problem. We just didn't know if Disney changing the free dining options would apply to us.

thanks

We are booked with birgin and you are able to pay the difference to upgrade. we pain about £300 to upgrade it is a little more than you pay direct with disney but as this includes most character meals i still see it as a huge bargain as with 5 of us a charachter meal can easily set you back £150
Vicky J

We booked with the Walt Disney Travel Co here in the UK we have a moderate resort booked but could only get free QSDP (two snack credits and two counter service meal credits plus a free refillable mug per person per night of stay) so we opted to pay to upgrade to the Basic Dining Plan which is 1 Snack credit 1 Counter Service Credit and 1 Table Service Credit per person per night of stay (no mugs) it cost us 2x £56 for the adults and 1x £14 for the boy (age 9) so although it's not free it's still quite a saving.

If we had booked a deluxe resort I think the offer was for free Basic Dining plan or upgrade to Deluxe but TBH that would be way too much food for us at three meal credits to use however you want and two snack credits and one free refillable mug per person per night of stay. Then of course they offered us the Wine and Dine package too to add to either the Basic or Deluxe plans but since we don't drink much at home anyway we chose not to add that too.

Just checked the WDW site it still states book a moderate resort you can get a free QSDP or at a Deluxe you can get a free Basic Dining Plan or upgrade to Deluxe the offer has been extended until dates in November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter