Free dining plan in 2007 News

I have booked with Free dining with only purchasing one day tickets as I already have bought park tickest. No problem, in fact I still have the one day tickets, unused in my desk drawer and intend to take one of them and trade it up to a AP next month.

bicker said:
What a brilliant move by Disney this would be if they could actually get people to book an extra short vacation just so they can qualify for a promotion for a longer vacation later. :)

I was thinking the same thing, Bicker. If I had not read about this, I would not have switched two of my days next month over to ASMu. Of course, it ends up saving m money overall, but the idea would have never hot me until i saw this thread.

I intend to book an 8 night stay for late August 07. Now, will I be able to get the interest free financing utilizing the Disney Visa if I do? I'm going to find out...

MichellT said:
Hi JANETS,
With the offer you booked, do you happen to remember if you had to purchase park tickets? Would a 1-day ticket qualify or did you have to purchase tickets for the length of your stay? Thank you so much for this great news!

Okay, minimum was 3 night stay. Also, you could purchase a 1 day ticket but everyone had to have the same one. We are AP holders so I just hold them until renewal time and use the cost against my renewal price. Just did this last week when we were there.

I'm assuming that the maximum is 10 nights but I didn't ask. They are advertising the 5 night but that's not the requirement.

It's pretty much the same promotion they offered in April for free dining but they are offering it much earlier to current guests. We were planning on going back if they offered free dining next year, so this just enabled me to guarantee it as well as getting my choice of lodgings.

Not to burst any one's bubble here, but that is still peak hurricane season. Just because there weren't any this year, doesn't mean there won't be any next year.

In the past, Disney did something similar...I want to say it was back around 2003 maybe? The offer they gave us at the time though wasn't anything super fantastic, so we didn't book it. They were offering good general room discounts back then ....

(I just realized what OOP meant... cuz I was going to say "out of pocket" in this post... and wham! it hit me.)

How much did you have to pay out of pocket for reserving your next trip?

Thanks!

The folks on the telephone will only have the terms and conditions of the promotions they themselves are allowed to offer. (This promotion is not available by telephone.) The only way to get reliable information about this promotion is on-site, at the "your next vacation" desk, itself.

I have a funny feeling my husband isnt going to be happy that I found this thread, but I will 2 Disney stays... :rotfl2:

mickeyluv'r said:
Not to burst any one's bubble here, but that is still peak hurricane season. Just because there weren't any this year, doesn't mean there won't be any next year.

In the past, Disney did something similar...I want to say it was back around 2003 maybe? The offer they gave us at the time though wasn't anything super fantastic, so we didn't book it. They were offering good general room discounts back then ....

I had definitely thought about that, but doesn't Disney have a pretty good hurricane policy? Seems like I read that if there is a hurricane threat either in Orlando or wherever the traveler lives they can get a refund or something.

I would not worry about Hurricanes too much. We go often in late August (2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006) and have not had issues. It's is not common for hurricanes to hit Central Florida. 2004 was the freak year

I think I may book my trip for August when I'm there next week. My thing is, I'm staying at Shades of Green and they're not a participant. Where must I go to book it?

A friend of mine is going down next month. How many rooms can you book? Can she book rooms for me if I am not there?

disneymom06 said:
A friend of mine is going down next month. How many rooms can you book? Can she book rooms for me if I am not there?

There's another thread going around with more info. This question was asked and the answer was no. The new reservation has to be in the exact same name as the current reservation and the CMs will look it up and get the information from it. Alot of us are trying to figure this out. I even thought of flying down for a couple of days to do this, especially all of the cheap airfares right now, but that wouldn't help me save any money. I think there are more thread on the disney resort board -- probably under codes.

n2mm said:
Yes it does appear that there is now a pre-booking opportunity for guest staying in select WDW resort by 12/31/06. Hope they don't book everything up. I guess the success to this pilot program will determine whether it is indeed offered to the public, or only offered to guest for return visits. My next trip is early February, so hope the program is extended so that we can book too. All we can do now is hold our breath and wait and see. As for the rules changing, I would never bank on that, as Disney continues to tweak the rules and guidelines every year. Only time will tell. I will use the holidays to determine who all is going with us next August so I know exactly how many rooms to book.

does this apply to people who have already BEEN this year??? :rotfl: :teeth:

I would do it again and again and again in a heartbeat...plus this yr I am a DISNEY VISA CARDHOLDER!! :cheer2:

Thanks everyone for the update...the free food keeps us going back again and again and keeps me in the luxury that is the Poly! :love:

Disfan3 said:
does this apply to people who have already BEEN this year??? :rotfl: :teeth:

I wish because we just returned on Oct. 27th, so missed the promotion too. (that was our 4th trip this year). Our next trip is Feb. 3rd, so am hoping the promotion continues.

If I remember correctly, Disney's most consistent hurricane policy is that if you cannot get to Orlando due to a threat, they'll let you rebook without penalty.

Ohhh this makes me want to sneak a trip in the end of September. Whats the chances of it being offered to the public?

A few questions;

1) Where is the "Your Next Vacation" desk.
2) Do you have to book it for the same resort your staying at then. I'm staying at Pop in Dec, can I book one of the other values, or a moderate for next Sep?
3) A few family members may join me. I'll be solo in Dec, as long as it's booked under my name, can I book a couple rooms for me and my parents?

does anyone know if there is a maximun days of stay for free dinning plan in 2007? Thanks,VERO.

How exciting!!! My only problem now is trying to decide where we want to stay (hoping to eventually try all resorts). We stayed at the BC this year during free dining and loved the location (hmmm... maybe I can get DH to go the YC and still be close, but yet in a new hotel)!!! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter