Free Dining Pin for June!

kimsuenew

DIS Veteran
Hi! I booked 11 nights in June with the free "QSDP". :thumbsup2 This will be our first trip with this plan.

The only time we could travel was mid June to first week in July so I feel very blessed that there was the free QS plan offered. :goodvibes

Having said that, does anyone know IF you can pay to upgrade to the "regular" DDP? There are definately a few places we love like Boma (son), 1600 Park Fare (me), Le Cellier (hubby and all three really) so we are trying to see if it would be more cost effective to upgrade than to pay for three adults actual meals at these places (if we would decide to visit them that is).

We have not had a vacation since 2008. DS & I love WDW, DH likes it! ;) Last summer was a total knee replacement for me. After our return from WDW this summer I will have the other knee done. We definately need this vacation but are trying to be somewhat frugal.

TIA for any input!

You can pay the difference...we've done it in the past. I'd love to get a PIN for this summer too. It would save us a lot...enjoy your trip!

They will allow you to pay the difference between the 2 plans. We did it last year. I believe it was about $16 for adults and $5 dollars for kids to upgrade.

Have fun!!!

Just an FYI-
A friend of mine is using the same Free Dining Promotional PIN. She originally called and asked for the regular Dining Plan. The Cast Member booking her vacation explained that she could only book at a Deluxe. She wanted a moderate and then to pay the difference. I told her to call back as I have always known Disney to allow to pay the difference for the upgrade. She called back and it was no problem to book the moderate with the free dining quick service and paid the difference. Sometimes it just takes a second call...

Free Dining???? where can I locate that pin? we love the qs plan so that would be great. is the pin public? can you share the link?

OP I assume you received the PIN in the mail?

I received a discount offer for a value resort but we're looking to book deluxe late June. I have my fingers crossed they announce a public discount for my dates.

PIN Information-
It is not a public PIN. My friend had no idea that she had one. I saw on the Resort portion on the DISBOARDS that others called and asked just in case they missed the email/mailer.

She had missed whatever Disney sent to her, but she did have a PIN with her name. I am not sure of the dates....

You can find out more by going to the Disney Resorts section, Discount Codes and Rates. The May, 2012 Code Watch thread is where I heard about it and alerted my friend.

She called and was informed that she did have the PIN. She was super happy that I checked as she was about to book with AAA.

OP you might want to consider just paying out of pocket for the meals you would like. We are doing quick service for free in May and for the 3 of us to upgrade for the 14nights we have planned it is about $650. We have chose to use that upgrade money to just pay out of pocket for 5-6 meals. We will be frugal with our plans and not order dessert, do things we can't do on dining plan anyways, and eat lunch at LeCellier. Use the menus with prices on this site and just add up what you think you really want and how much it will really cost to eat that meal. We have done free dining for years and we have eaten so well but we are really excited not to have a huge meal everyday. Looking forward to eating more snacks and CS meals we have passed up because we needed to save room for the planned meal of the day.

OP you might want to consider just paying out of pocket for the meals you would like. We are doing quick service for free in May and for the 3 of us to upgrade for the 14nights we have planned it is about $650. We have chose to use that upgrade money to just pay out of pocket for 5-6 meals. We will be frugal with our plans and not order dessert, do things we can't do on dining plan anyways, and eat lunch at LeCellier. Use the menus with prices on this site and just add up what you think you really want and how much it will really cost to eat that meal. We have done free dining for years and we have eaten so well but we are really excited not to have a huge meal everyday. Looking forward to eating more snacks and CS meals we have passed up because we needed to save room for the planned meal of the day.

I'm pretty sure the QS plan this year only includes 1 snack per day

I'm pretty sure the QS plan this year only includes 1 snack per day

I know that:thumbsup2 We only had one snack on the dining plan in the past. I meant with the sit down meal each day we were so stuffed we never really got to enjoy our snacks. Honestly, we would grab tons of pre packaged stuff and took them home or used the snack as breakfast.

Thanks everyone for your replies! :goodvibes

Yes, the pin was a maling... a large, colorful, trifold card. We were thrilled as June was our only chance to go. The offer was good for all of June. We had 30% discount pin offers on the room sent before but not the free QSD offer.

We were allowed to book at a Value (Pop Century) using the pin. While I know that paying "rack rate" for the room is a bit high, three adults dining free makes the rack rate a good value for us. :thumbsup2

We actually decided not to upgrade the dining plan for budget and planning reasons. First, there is the OOP expense of the cost to upgrade plans. Secondly there would be tips for 11 TS meals needed in addition. We each settled on a favorite: Le Cellier (DH), Coral Reef (DS), where we will eat one meal at for supper (no appy, no dessert) and one breakfast at Chef Mickey's (me) that we will pay for OOP (and tip well at). The rest of meals will be enjoyed using the free QS dining plan allotment.

Also... I love the thought to being "tied down" by our ADR's only 3 times, not all 11! As we do not purchase the park hopper add-on we have been absolutely tied down to the park that has the ADR for that day. This way we can just "wing it"! :rotfl:

Congrats on getting a free dining pin. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a free dining offer, although my husband says we can't go back since we were there just a few short months ago (according to him).

Happy Planning:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter