~~~FREE DINING offer beginning Mar. 5th, travel dates Aug. 25-Sept. 29!

According to the not so fine print it is a 5night 6 days stay.. doesn't say moderate but that is the length of stay specified..
Again, don't know where that verbage is from, but it's a 3 night minimum to take advantage of a free dining discount. The current free dining offer is a 3 night minimum, not 5.

Again, don't know where that verbage is from, but it's a 3 night minimum to take advantage of a free dining discount. The current free dining offer is a 3 night minimum, not 5.

Maybe it is coming up different on different browsers but mine defiantly says 5 night minimum for fd. I can't find anything that says it is offered on 3 night vacations and I have a Disney Visa. But you can stay at a Value. Just you get a CS plan instead of TS. Hope you can figure it out and bring the grandparents!

Maybe it is coming up different on different browsers but mine defiantly says 5 night minimum for fd. I can't find anything that says it is offered on 3 night vacations and I have a Disney Visa. But you can stay at a Value. Just you get a CS plan instead of TS. Hope you can figure it out and bring the grandparents!

yep..i checked via all 3 laptops, my phone and my son's kindle fire..all say 5/6..

According to the not so fine print it is a 5night 6 days stay.. doesn't say moderate but that is the length of stay specified..

It likely says that the details they give in the ad are based on the example of a 5 night, 6 day stay for a family of four. It does not mean the free dining is available only on 5 night stays. The problem is that they don't state this clearly, every year we get posters thinking it has to be a 5 night stay.

In fact I just went through the online booking and did a "dummy" (not completed) reservation for 2 adults/3 nights at All Star Music on September 1-4 with 2 day tickets and free quick service dining.

That link shows a copy of their ADVERTISING verbage and so people know that the money amounts they are quoting in that advertising piece are for 5 nights. The actual booking minimum is 3 nights. There are no less than 10 free dining threads on this board where people have confirmed the 3 night minimum. It's been a 3 night minimum for the last 8 years. And for the last 8 years their advertising has quoted a 5 night stay. I'm sure they love for people to be lead to believe it's a 5 night minimum, but it's not.

Just so we are all clear,

I tried booking a 3-night vacation at a Value resort during the dates in Sept. and it added $300ish to my total when i added the dining plan. So the general public cannot book a 3-night stay with 2 park admissions at a value resort and get free dining.

You need to do ONE of these:

use disney visa
stay five nights
stay at a moderate
upgrade from quick to regular dining at value

There, I think that sums it up.

I tried booking a 3-night vacation at a Value resort during the dates in Sept. and it added $300ish to my total when i added the dining plan. So the general public cannot book a 3-night stay with 2 park admissions at a value resort and get free dining.

use disney visa
stay five nights
stay at a moderate

You can't get free dining online by booking the package first and then adding the dining plan, or by just booking a package with a dining plan. You need to go through the free dining advertising link on the opening page.

There have been numerous reports on the boards from those who have booked stays that were not five nights at a moderate and have gotten free dining based on this offer. As of yesterday you no longer need a Disney Visa either. So I'd suggest that if you want free dining on any stay between 3 nights and 14 nights, try booking it. Just make sure you either call or go through the free dining link on the online booking page.

There have been numerous reports on the boards from those who have booked stays that were not five nights at a moderate and have gotten free dining based on this offer.

I will try that, but remember I am looking at VALUE. I know you can do it with moderates. (I will let you know what happens - can't book until I talk to everyone first.)

I just did it for All Star Music. There doesn't seem to be extensive availability at the values for this offer, so it's possible you also have dates in your trip that are not available on free dining for the resort you wanted. But it's not because Disney is limiting free dining reservations at value resorts to 5 night stays.

I will try that, but remember I am looking at VALUE. I know you can do it with moderates. (I will let you know what happens - can't book until I talk to everyone first.)

Just to be certain you know this, since you are wanting to stay at a value and upgrade the free QSDP to the regular DDP, you have to keep in mind that the upgrade cost is per person AND per night. So that might be why you had an additional charge of $300 when looking online.

use disney visa
stay five nights
stay at a moderate

You have to book through the Special Offers link at the bottom of the WDW website homepage. YOU CAN book a 3 night stay at All-Star Music and All-Star Sports for a 3 night stay with the free dining offer - I just did it for the last week of August AND the last week of September.

Your information is WRONG. The minimum and maximum night stay for free dining offers has been the same for the last 8 years. This information is also on Mousesavers and Intercot.com

Just to be certain you know this, since you are wanting to stay at a value and upgrade the free QSDP ot the regular DDP, you have to keep in mind that the upgrade cost is per person AND per night. So that might be why you had an additional charge of $300 when looking online.

Yep..and the increased cost of this ( over what we paid in august) is why we just went with a Mod this time.. the difference was minimal..

You have to book through the Special Offers link at the bottom of the WDW website homepage. YOU CAN book a 3 night stay at All-Star Music and All-Star Sports for a 3 night stay with the free dining offer - I just did it for the last week of August AND the last week of September.

Your information is WRONG. The minimum and maximum night stay for free dining offers has been the same for the last 8 years. This information is also on Mousesavers and Intercot.com

"My wrong" information is taken straight from the WDW website, after I click the Special offers link. It says 5-night stay minimum. And it also says for the regular dining, i have to have a minimum of a moderate resort.

I am not disputing your knowledge, but it's pretty lame don't you agree that the official WDW website special offers link contradicts what you say?

"My wrong" information is taken straight from the WDW website, after I click the Special offers link. It says 5-night stay minimum. And it also says for the regular dining, i have to have a minimum of a moderate resort.

I am not disputing your knowledge, but it's pretty lame don't you agree that the official WDW website special offers link contradicts what you say?

If someone doesn't get to book the stay they want because the website says 5 nights in the advertising, then that is their business. We just want readers to know that it is a three-night stay and 2 day park ticket minimum for free dining, and that if they want a three or a four night stay, or a six, ten or fourteen night stay, they can book one, assuming the resort, room category and dates they want are available at the time they try to book. It is indeed the case that you need to have a moderate resort or higher for regular dining free, but it does not have to be a 5 night stay.

I don't have enough fingers or toes to count the instances where the WDW website has been dead wrong, although in this case it's just a matter of interpreting their advertising.

If someone doesn't get to book the stay they want because the website says 5 nights in the advertising, then that is their business. We just want readers to know that it is a three-night stay and 2 day park ticket minimum for free dining, and that if they want a three or a four night stay, they can book one, assuming the resort, room category and dates they want are available at the time they try to book. It is indeed the case that you need to have a moderate resort or higher for regular dining free, but it does not have to be a 5 night stay.

I don't have enough fingers or toes to count the instances where the WDW website has been dead wrong, although in this case it's just a matter of interpreting their advertising.

Gotcha - thank you!

Where are you seeing the word "minimum"? I do not see it ANYWHERE on the special offers page linked up above.:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter