~~~FREE DINING offer beginning Mar. 5th, travel dates Aug. 25-Sept. 29!

question.....what is the difference between Junior and Child? In the sample of pricing for Free Dining, it has XXX amount of dollars for 2 Adults, 1 Junior and 1 Child. :confused3

For dining and ticket purposes, there is no junior. 10 and up is an adult.

A junior is from age 10-17 and does not count as an adult in your room.

I booked POP this AM at full price no free dining, didn't want sports..so we just sucked it up for our dates. just tried online for pop with FD..got it, On old now to cancel first ressie!:goodvibes

Just called and was able to switch from ASSp to Pop for Sept 24 - Oct 1 :thumbsup2 ASM was also available. This was the first time I've called out of 4 times when anything besides ASSp was available. Maybe night time is the best time to call??

Our booking which we made earlier this year at the Beach Club from 20 - 28 September now has free dinning! Our dreams unlimited agent was super quick to sort it out for us!

Yay!!

:cool1:

For dining and ticket purposes, there is no junior. 10 and up is an adult.

A junior is from age 10-17 and does not count as an adult in your room.

To elaborate, the "junior" designation only works to keep from triggering the "extra adult" charge for a room reservation (there is an extra charge for each adult 18 and over once you register more than two adults in the room). It is not applicable to tickets or dining.

I haven't called yet, I thought I would check with the "experts" first lol.

My dates currently are August 19th -26th, can the Free Dining code be applied to my entire ressie? Or would only the 25th and 26th count?

I haven't called yet, I thought I would check with the "experts" first lol.

My dates currently are August 19th -26th, can the Free Dining code be applied to my entire ressie? Or would only the 25th and 26th count?

Unfortunately the answer is no. You would have to book two seperate stays to even get FD for the 25th and 26th. You would need a reservation for the 19-25 and another for the 25-26. You have to buy tickets in order to get FD, and the earliest you could pickup tickets with a free dining package is 3 days early, so that would be the 22nd. If you were planning to do the parks starting on the 19th, then you would need to buy two sets of tickets which would likely cost more than just paying for your dining OOP.

Yeah for those who could switch to Pop, the best value resort:cheer2:

I think next time free dining comes out for dates I am travelling, I am not going to panic and try and book first thing in the morning. I will wait until I get home from work.:dance3:

I tried to book for POP(for fun) and it was available. BUT we can't go on those dates :(

I read where this was a 3-night minimum stay but when i tried to book it told me 5 nights. Anyone know for sure if we have to stay for more than three nights to get the FD?

This is what I have:

Travel Dates for 2012: August 25 - September 29, 2012
Book By: May 18, 2012

Special Magic Your Way packages with a FREE Disney Dining Plan are available for Disney Visa Rewards cardholders for travel dates August 25 through September 29, 2012. Guests who book a vacation package at one of Disney’s Value Resorts will receive Disney’s Quick Service dining plan. Guests who book a vacation package at Disney’s Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villas resorts will receive Disney’s Basic Dining Plan. Suites and 3-bedroom villas are not included in this offer. Other resorts or resort categories may not be available. Guests can upgrade to other dining plans for an additional cost. The Magic Your Way base ticket can be upgraded with the Park Hopper, Water Parks & More or No Expiration option(s) for an additional fee.

Book now! This package is expected to become available for the general public on Monday, March 5, 2012

This package includes a minimum 3-night accommodations and a minimum 2-day base ticket at full-price in addition to the free dining plan. Other longer lengths of stay are available up to a 14 day maximum. Everyone in party must purchase the same package. A $200 deposit using a Disney Rewards Visa Card will be required. Children ages 3-9 must order from the children's menu. Tickets are for one Theme park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. The number of vacation packages available with this promotion are limited and are subject to availability. Blackout dates apply.

I read where this was a 3-night minimum stay but when i tried to book it told me 5 nights. Anyone know for sure if we have to stay for more than three nights to get the FD?

This is what I have:

Special Magic Your Way packages with a FREE Disney Dining Plan are available for Disney Visa Rewards cardholders for travel dates August 25 through September 29, 2012. Guests who book a vacation package at one of Disney’s Value Resorts will receive Disney’s Quick Service dining plan. Guests who book a vacation package at Disney’s Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villas resorts will receive Disney’s Basic Dining Plan. Suites and 3-bedroom villas are not included in this offer. Other resorts or resort categories may not be available. Guests can upgrade to other dining plans for an additional cost. The Magic Your Way base ticket can be upgraded with the Park Hopper, Water Parks & More or No Expiration option(s) for an additional fee.

Book now! This package is expected to become available for the general public on Monday, March 5, 2012

This package includes a minimum 3-night accommodations and a minimum 2-day base ticket at full-price in addition to the free dining plan. Other longer lengths of stay are available up to a 14 day maximum. Everyone in party must purchase the same package. A $200 deposit using a Disney Rewards Visa Card will be required. Children ages 3-9 must order from the children's menu. Tickets are for one Theme park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. The number of vacation packages available with this promotion are limited and are subject to availability. Blackout dates apply.

Maybe the minimum 3-night stay is only for Disney Visa Card holders and the "general public" have to book a minimum 5-night stay?

Maybe the minimum 3-night stay is only for Disney Visa Card holders and the "general public" have to book a minimum 5-night stay?

I think you are right - I have a Disney Visa but now I am reading you must stay at a moderate. Just not going to work with our budget - wanted to take :sad1:the grandparents.

I think you are right - I have a Disney Visa but now I am reading you must stay at a moderate. Just not going to work with our budget - wanted to take :sad1:the grandparents.

You must stay at a moderate to get the regular DDP for FREE, but you can stay at a value and get the QSDP for free. You can also stay at a value and pay the difference in price to upgrade to the regular DDP.

You must stay at a moderate to get the regular DDP for FREE, but you can stay at a value and get the QSDP for free. You can also stay at a value and pay the difference in price to upgrade to the regular DDP.

Thank you! That is doable for $16/day/adult!

All these 5 night stays and moderate resorts and things you are reading, are just examples. To get free dining it's a 3 night minimum and a 14 night maximum stay. as for "it told me 5 nights" what was telling you that?If you saw it on the ad while online booking, that is just an example. If you click through and book a 3 night stay it will work if your 3 nights are available at the resort and room level you want.

There is also no requirement to stay at a moderate resort. As noted, if you want the regular dining free you must book at least a moderate resort, but you can book a value resort with free quick service if you want one.

This is what I have:

I don't know where that verbage is from, but to apply a free dininig discount to your WDW vacation, there is a 3 night minimum, 14 day maximum and a 2 day base ticket requirement. This is is a how past offers were and how all the current offers are - Disney Visa FD offers or general public offers.

All these 5 night stays and moderate resorts and things you are reading, are just examples. To get free dining it's a 3 night minimum and a 14 night maximum stay. as for "it told me 5 nights" what was telling you that?If you saw it on the ad while online booking, that is just an example. If you click through and book a 3 night stay it will work if your 3 nights are available at the resort and room level you want.

There is also no requirement to stay at a moderate resort. As noted, if you want the regular dining free you must book at least a moderate resort, but you can book a value resort with free quick service if you want one.

According to the not so fine print it is a 5night 6 days stay.. doesn't say moderate but that is the length of stay specified..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter