Free Dining Extension ~ Oct-Dec

Everything crossed this offer works out for us! Splurging with an onsite trip this year, this (or any discount) would be icing on the cake. Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks!! Found my way over!! I am super excited to wait with you all for the late Fall promotions!!:yay::yay::yay:

Let the impatientness begin.....(at least for me:thumbsup2)

Hoping for lots of pixie dust on this one! We'll be there from October 23-30 and would LOVE to take advantage of free dining. Thx for the heads-up - fingers crossed!! :)

Well, this eases my mind a little bit. I'm hoping I can keep my room category.(standard room/wheelchair assesable) my mother could really use a roll in shower instead of a tub.

Hi Tinker Pam--they seem to have forgotten us too but seem to have remembered our entire extended family. Of course we are the only ones planning to go. We are also checking in on the 21st. I hope we get some free dining as three of our children are Disney adults.

My DS is also now a Disney Adult and with DH health problems we really need the FD in order to make the trip affordable.
Our plan is to do the 20th at AOA just so I can say I stayed at a LM room and then move to POFQ on the 21st.
My Sisters boss got the pin and gave it to my sister to give to me...oh if only it was so easy. It was horrible to have the code in my hand and not be able to use it

I think I accidentally posted this on another thread...ooopps.

I usually am a reader and rarely a poster, but I can't help myself on this one! how exciting!

I am a single mom, and the one thing I really splurge on every year is a trip with my two children 9 & 5 to Disney. It's always been one of those things I have been able to take pride in budgeting for and I know my kids will look back on and remember doing with me while they were young.

I was really discouraged this year, not getting a pin (I rarely have over 7 years of travelling to Disney!) and then hearing rumors we may not get a discount.

For someone like me (and I am sure many of you as well) it makes or breaks my trip to get free dining (or something equivalent).

I am doing my happy dance at work today! This post just totally made my day!

:cheer2:

Don't lose hope on a PIN just yet, you could all still receive one.

Then again, I've been going since 1973 and I've never had one...go figure.

Last year (if not the year prior as well) late August was not available under FD.

My guess is that it's a very popular time for those coming from the NE, where classes don't start until after Labor Day.

US 2011 public free dining dates started with Aug 19th arrivals. black562 noted above that 2012 free dining started on Aug 25th.

But I do agree with your guess that late August can still draw from areas where school starts in September. (Not all of New England towns start after Labor Day, however, depending on the town they may start in late August.)

Don't lose hope on a PIN just yet, you could all still receive one.

Then again, I've been going since 1973 and I've never had one...go figure.

I don't really feel I am meant to have that pin. I would say the reason you don't get them is because you DO go all the time. No need to offer big incentives. But I know that their pin code system has absolutely no rhyme or reason behind it. I know people who always go regardless and still get the pins, so who knows. I don't even think Disney marketing does. ;)

I really want to start booking a trip in November but will not be able to until I get a pin or they release an offer!

I used to get pins all the time and this year all I got was a postcard type thing about Disney with some rate quotes. (None that were good I might add)

Keeping my fingers crossed as I want to be in Disney for my 30th anniversary!

I really want to start booking a trip in November but will not be able to until I get a pin or they release an offer!

I used to get pins all the time and this year all I got was a postcard type thing about Disney with some rate quotes. (None that were good I might add)

Keeping my fingers crossed as I want to be in Disney for my 30th anniversary!

When you book the trip with Disney, they won't charge for the whole thing until 45 days before your check-in date. So, depending on deposit requirements (if any), you could still book so you can have better chance of getting the resort & room type you want and cancel before the 45 day mark if it's not going to work out for you - or modify the reservation if needed.
For ADRs, most restaurants only have a 24 hour cancellation notice before they charge a late cancel/no-show fee so you could make your ADRs & cancel/modify those as needed.

Well you know I am with you! :)

:thumbsup2

I think I accidentally posted this on another thread...ooopps.

I usually am a reader and rarely a poster, but I can't help myself on this one! how exciting!

I am a single mom, and the one thing I really splurge on every year is a trip with my two children 9 & 5 to Disney. It's always been one of those things I have been able to take pride in budgeting for and I know my kids will look back on and remember doing with me while they were young.

I was really discouraged this year, not getting a pin (I rarely have over 7 years of travelling to Disney!) and then hearing rumors we may not get a discount.

For someone like me (and I am sure many of you as well) it makes or breaks my trip to get free dining (or something equivalent).

I am doing my happy dance at work today! This post just totally made my day!

:cheer2:

:dance3::dance3:

I don't really feel I am meant to have that pin. I would say the reason you don't get them is because you DO go all the time. No need to offer big incentives. But I know that their pin code system has absolutely no rhyme or reason behind it. I know people who always go regardless and still get the pins, so who knows. I don't even think Disney marketing does. ;)

I have only been one other time and never gotten one either. Don't I need incentive to come back....:rotfl2:...No rhyme or reason it seems...:confused3:confused3

I am really hopeful of either getting a Pin (which I never have received) or getting a GP offer. I have the Disney VISA - does anyone know the number to call if an offer comes out and it goes thru VISA first. I want to save on any device I have. Thanks

I am really hopeful of either getting a Pin (which I never have received) or getting a GP offer. I have the Disney VISA - does anyone know the number to call if an offer comes out and it goes thru VISA first. I want to save on any device I have. Thanks

You would call the regular Disney reservations line to have the FD discount applied to your reservation (or make a reservation w/ the discount offer).
(407) 939-5277 or 407-939-7211

Subbing ...

We went the first 10 days on November back in 2009 and got free dining. We're considering going again this November and would LOVE to get it again! We stayed in a value last time to add a day, but now with our daughter in elementary school (she was in preschool then) we don't want her to miss a ton of days. But we have a number in mind, we could go with the moderate we want if we could get free dining.

Could someone remind me - if we book and then free dining is offered, can we just call and have them adjust it?

Subscribing. We have a trip planned for October and would really like some sort of discount. Free Dining would be great!

Subbing ...

We went the first 10 days on November back in 2009 and got free dining. We're considering going again this November and would LOVE to get it again! We stayed in a value last time to add a day, but now with our daughter in elementary school (she was in preschool then) we don't want her to miss a ton of days. But we have a number in mind, we could go with the moderate we want if we could get free dining.

Could someone remind me - if we book and then free dining is offered, can we just call and have them adjust it?

Yes, if you already booked and a free dining or another discount becomes available, call Disney or your TA to have it applied.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter