Free Dining Discussion (And a Whole Lot More) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
plutospalforever said:
Congrats. I know it can be hard to overcome a case of shy. Hope you do try again. Being on the dis has made me the go to Disney person around my neck of the woods and I owe it all to the great people I've met here on the boards.
Thanks! Ya wanna apply next year with Kat and I???:cheer2:

First, Thank you!!! This whole thread is what Disney and Dis should all be about; thanks to all of you for having the true Disney spirit!!!

Second, OMGosh!!!! You are leaving for Disney TODAY!!!!!party:party:party:

Wow! That sounds like a great price! How many can those sleep? I am nervous about doing this, so please keep us updated on the process and your experience.:goodvibes[/QUOTE]

The more the merrier!! :)

Kat016 said:
I was looking at staying at aoa in 2015. Right now the rooms are $329/night and that's a value. Howd you find WL for $215???? I'd rather stay there lol

This is renting DVC points - typically they around $14/point. The villas start at a studio level and go up from there.

martiniglassesforme said:
This is renting DVC points - typically they around $14/point. The villas start at a studio level and go up from there.

How many points did you have to rent?

The week I am looking, for 6 nights , it totals 92 points. At $14 per point, that's about $210/night.

We are seriously considering this option for next year.

Oh ok...so you don't buy the points and put them towards the cost of the room...that's what you pay for the room? How do go about renting points?

Kat016 said:
Oh ok...so you don't buy the points and put them towards the cost of the room...that's what you pay for the room? How do go about renting points?

Sorry....just confused on how it works lol

Thanks! Ya wanna apply next year with Kat and I???:cheer2:

:rotfl:

I don't think I meet the Dis Moms demographic, being single and childless.

The twins I refer to a lot are my 14 year old nephews, they don't live with me, I'm just the taxi and the ATM, oh and the short order cook. Between a mom, a dad, and a stepmom, their idea of following a recipe is looking up the local take out's phone number.

Kat016 said:
Sorry....just confused on how it works lol

There are a couple of websites that rent points directly from DVC owners. The one I was looking at was Dave's DVC. Google it, I can't remember what the site actually is. But it looks like a pretty good deal.

There are a couple of websites that rent points directly from DVC owners. The one I was looking at was Dave's DVC. Google it, I can't remember what the site actually is. But it looks like a pretty good deal.

Cool...ill check that out. Thanks! :)

SlightlyocdDisneyfan said:
Count me in for the Golden Oaks place!! :thumbsup2

And, congrats on the near-catch of the Mom's Panel job. I'll be cheering for you for next year!!

You too, Kat!

Thank you! ! :)

Has anyone heard about the new flash drive that's coming with Mickey Mail now?? I just read a thread on it and I haven't heard anything about it. I figured you guys would know :)

Yesterday was our first park day & we went to MK. Day went great. Had just a quick snack for breakfast as we had BoG FP at 11:00am. BOG was amazing. The braised pork was so tender & the masters cupcake was delicious. We had FP+ for space mountain, haunted mansion & big thunder railroad. Was a little disappointed that we couldn't get KTTW cards to pull other FPs like all the other resorts but in all honesty the standby lines were always 10 mins, and that was for the headliners. Hopefully it will hold up like that all week, especially at HS.

This is our 4th trip & I had never previously tried a Dole Whip until yesterday. I don't know what was wrong with me but I'm so glad I did. It was so refreshing since it was so hot. We went to 'Ohanas for dinner & to be honest I didn't enjoy as much as I thought I would. I did love the dumplings & bread pudding & the little cupcake they gave me for my birthday though. My DH insisted that I try the Lapu Lapu since it was my birthday & that thing is soooo strong.

We went back to MK for a little bit after, was able to ride more rides with a short standby line & then headed back to POP. We had just missed the bus for POP so decided to catch AoA's bus & time the walk back to our room. We are in Building 1, room 1161, right behind the laundry building & it took us 10 mins to walk. Not sure if it's worth it but hey you never know unless you try. :)

All in all yesterday was a great day & expect today to be as well. :)

Just a quick question, does anyone know if there is a DTD bus from AK now, I thought I read a little while ago that there was. Hope everyone has a great day. :)

Not sure what thread to post this so I posted it on 3 different threads. Sorry. :(

Count me in for the Golden Oaks place!! :thumbsup2

And, congrats on the near-catch of the Mom's Panel job. I'll be cheering for you for next year!!

You too, Kat!

Aw thanks! And yea! One more to add to our Golden Oaks timeshare!:cool1:

Has anyone heard about the new flash drive that's coming with Mickey Mail now?? I just read a thread on it and I haven't heard anything about it. I figured you guys would know :)
Do you have the link???;)
Yesterday was our first park day & we went to MK. Day went great. Had just a quick snack for breakfast as we had BoG FP at 11:00am. BOG was amazing. The braised pork was so tender & the masters cupcake was delicious. We had FP+ for space mountain, haunted mansion & big thunder railroad. Was a little disappointed that we couldn't get KTTW cards to pull other FPs like all the other resorts but in all honesty the standby lines were always 10 mins, and that was for the headliners. Hopefully it will hold up like that all week, especially at HS.

This is our 4th trip & I had never previously tried a Dole Whip until yesterday. I don't know what was wrong with me but I'm so glad I did. It was so refreshing since it was so hot. We went to 'Ohanas for dinner & to be honest I didn't enjoy as much as I thought I would. I did love the dumplings & bread pudding & the little cupcake they gave me for my birthday though. My DH insisted that I try the Lapu Lapu since it was my birthday & that thing is soooo strong.

We went back to MK for a little bit after, was able to ride more rides with a short standby line & then headed back to POP. We had just missed the bus for POP so decided to catch AoA's bus & time the walk back to our room. We are in Building 1, room 1161, right behind the laundry building & it took us 10 mins to walk. Not sure if it's worth it but hey you never know unless you try. :)

Just a quick question, does anyone know if there is a DTD bus from AK now, I thought I read a little while ago that there was. Hope everyone has a great day. :)

Not sure what thread to post this so I posted it on 3 different threads. Sorry. :(

Great to hear you are having an awesome time! Thanks for sharing your experience; it sort of gives me a Disney fix!:upsidedow

Thanks so much for the update. Sounds like you are having a great time, can't wait for BOG. You mentioned it was hot, what are the temps like and does it get cool at night? Still trying to pack and wondering if a hoodie is going to be warm enough? :confused3

2 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally sounds good to me! Who else is in for Golden Oaks????:cool1:

I'm in! Now does that come furnished? If not, I have some mickey plates and could get all my friends on the budget board to start looking at Goodwill for other Mickey merchandise. We would fit right in. :rotfl2:

Thanks so much for the update. Sounds like you are having a great time, can't wait for BOG. You mentioned it was hot, what are the temps like and does it get cool at night? Still trying to pack and wondering if a hoodie is going to be warm enough? :confused3 2 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!

It was hot yesterday during the day but cooled down in the evening & this morning it was cool. I would bring sweaters just in case. Have a great trip!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter