Free Dining Discussion (And a Whole Lot More) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I book today for next week and we get magic bands at check In, will I be able to schedule our Fp + before then? Will I be able to pull paper fp also? I know we'll get gray this trip because it's last minute. When we book next year will we get to choose bands are we going to be stuck with gray from now on?

I have a 3 yr old and we will need a rental car because dh will be working. Do we just bring her carseat on the plane or should we get a cheap seat to use for travel? I don't know how much we'll fly before she outgrows it but don't want hers damaged.

Once you have made your reservations, link them on MDE and the FP+ selections should become available. You may also still be able to customize the bands and then pick them up at resort.:cool1: So exciting! :cool1:

After you link your ressie, keep checking back on MDE and MagicBands if not immediately available. You might have a message saying customize now because they will ship soon. In that case, they could ship to your home. I had CM tell me one of my bands would be at resort upon check in because it was too late to ship, however, I was on MDE and got this message and customized immediately and it shipped to my home. So, good luck!!! : )

I prefer taking car seat on the plane and then installing in right to plane seat. If you have a huge/heavy/bulky one, then you might want to consider one that is manageable to carry around airport.

My head is spinning. I've had a tension headache for 2 days. Too much to do at home, work and than I need to get stuff together for our Disney trip. I leave Saturday. I'm super excited. I ca not wait to leave. But I have 2 sides to my brain....rational and irrational. The irrational side is the one giving me a headache.

My head isn't spinning, but I'm feeling a little sick to my stomach. My mind is going so crazy that the last two nights I haven't had good sleep. I don't feel prepared for the trip. Mostly because I don't know which is the best day for waterpark because the weather forecast keeps changes. I'm trying to calm myself down and not stress. And I think I'm taking a melatonin before bed.:idea:

vleeth said:
My head isn't spinning, but I'm feeling a little sick to my stomach. My mind is going so crazy that the last two nights I haven't had good sleep. I don't feel prepared for the trip. Mostly because I don't know which is the best day for waterpark because the weather forecast keeps changes. I'm trying to calm myself down and not stress. And I think I'm taking a melatonin before bed.:idea:

My DH told me I have plenty of time and to relax....he so doesn't understand how a woman's brain works lol I did clean my living room and kitchen and he ran the vacuum. The kids cleaned and dusted their rooms over the weekend. So I just have to clean my bedroom and my bathrooms. Than its just laundry and pack. So I'm feeling better now lol

You are FRICKEN KILLING ME HERE !!! These are one of my favourite things at WDW ... and we had them on our last day there this trip, I am feeling the Disney heart pangs right now .... :( 191 days to go ... :(

Nice! Glad to see this under appreciated little stand has a fan base!

My DH told me I have plenty of time and to relax....he so doesn't understand how a woman's brain works lol I did clean my living room and kitchen and he ran the vacuum. The kids cleaned and dusted their rooms over the weekend. So I just have to clean my bedroom and my bathrooms. Than its just laundry and pack. So I'm feeling better now lol

My wifey goes into spasms before every major trip.....she is not a planner. So i just step aside and let her get it all out.

If he is like my DH, he sits, watches me get all 3 kids packed, my things packed, clean the house, etc. Then, once I am ready for bed, he takes 15 minutes to pack his bag and says, "See, it only takes 15 minutes. I don't know why it takes you so long." :lmao:

Glad you are feeling better, hopefully the trip will be stress free.

xipotec said:
My wifey goes into spasms before every major trip.....she is not a planner. So i just step aside and let her get it all out.

I've had my list going since we booked our trip last year but I still feel unprepared....again, irrational side of my brain lol

v.t. said:
If he is like my DH, he sits, watches me get all 3 kids packed, my things packed, clean the house, etc. Then, once I am ready for bed, he takes 15 minutes to pack his bag and says, "See, it only takes 15 minutes. I don't know why it takes you so long." :lmao:

Lol.....yup. ill be packing my stuff and the kids stuff. He can pack his own stuff. But that's every trip we go on....
Ill be perfect Saturday morning when we leave......lol

Lol.....yup. ill be packing my stuff and the kids stuff. He can pack his own stuff. But that's every trip we go on....

My husband can't pack. He throws it all in and packs way too much. I am talking seven pairs of pants for a week trip when I am planning on doing laundry. And I could pack everything he does in a bag half the size he uses because I am more organized. And he too will wait until the last minute. I hate coming home to a messy house so will want to do a little cleaning before we leave too. I so wish I has the day before we leave off, but no luck. I work all day and then have a test for grad school in the evening. Not thinking I will do very well on that.

:eek: This is my DH too. Do they not hear themselves speak?

Oh sure, totally perfect. Here too. :rolleyes1

My husband can't pack. He throws it all in and packs way too much. I am talking seven pairs of pants for a week trip when I am planning on doing laundry. And I could pack everything he does in a bag half the size he uses because I am more organized. And he too will wait until the last minute. I hate coming home to a messy house so will want to do a little cleaning before we leave too. I so wish I has the day before we leave off, but no luck. I work all day and then have a test for grad school in the evening. Not thinking I will do very well on that.

DH does not get why I have to clean the house before I leave. I HATE coming home to a messy house...I'm going to be grumpy enough that the vacation is over and there is a ton of laundry to do, I don't want to face more work!

No don't read me wrong ladies, I plan the hell out of the whole trip, including packing! Its part of the excitement and fun for me!

I start with this list....

http://wdwprepschool.com/the-ultimate-disney-world-packing-list/

Its a great complete list for any trip!

The difference is its exciting and fun for me, while my wife gets tense and stressed doing it.

I LOVE organizing , she hates it. I once found her crying in her closet because she wanted to clean it out but didn't know where to start! So I spent the day reorganizing it and helping her get it cleaned out.....

She ways lets me plan the heck out of our trips and usually loo e the results.

Do you guys plan what we call a "rigged day?" Thats a full day planned with nothing but really fun extras for each member of our family.....

Now I am pretty sure this will work out for you, so try to relax.

BUT, big but, I start to imagine what this is going to be like for our upcoming trip in May, when in all likelihood FP+ will be in full force and no legacy FP will be running. What will we do when we have to lock into our FP+ 60 days out, and try to guess which days will be the best for water parks long before we have a CLUE about the weather ... :(

No don't read me wrong ladies, I plan the hell out of the whole trip, including packing! Its part of the excitement and fun for me!

The difference is its exciting and fun for me, while my wife gets tense and stressed doing it.

I LOVE organizing , she hates it. I once found her crying in her closet because she wanted to clean it out but didn't know where to start! So I spent the day reorganizing it and helping her get it cleaned out.....

Do you guys plan what we call a "rigged day?" Thats a full day planned with nothing but really fun extras for each member of our family.....

Buahaha,

I have very similar experiences with my wife, she knows what she wants done, but will get overwhelmed, especially at the start, so I sometimes just have to step in and DO ... and once things are rolling, she is good :)

My wife and I are both planners, but I, I am the Disney planner !!! :)

I love to plan it all out, in my head, however, because the planning is part of the looking forward and the anticipation. However, then I like to throw all that out the window once I am there, and play it by ear. Isn't that a little weird ?

Nechville said:

I was a stay at home mom for almost 11 yrs. I started working part time almost 3 months ago. If I were still a SAHM I wouldn't be panicking so much. I'd have plenty of time to get things done. But now I have to worry about my work getting done too. I'm mainly cleaning my house because my niece is staying here while we're away to watch my dogs. But she's getting her tonsils/adnoids out and her deviated septum fixed while she's staying here. So I want to make sure the house is clean for her.
Good luck on your test.....that'll be a tough one to stay focused on lol

Shaden said:
Now I am pretty sure this will work out for you, so try to relax.

BUT, big but, I start to imagine what this is going to be like for our upcoming trip in May, when in all likelihood FP+ will be in full force and no legacy FP will be running. What will we do when we have to lock into our FP+ 60 days out, and try to guess which days will be the best for water parks long before we have a CLUE about the weather ... :(

I didn't attach any FP+ to our mb's because I can't plan fp that far in advance. I was hoping once they rolled out the mb's completely they'd be utilized like the paper fp. Thats ridiculous that you have to plan what park and rides your going to do on what days.

Shaden said:
Buahaha,

I have very similar experiences with my wife, she knows what she wants done, but will get overwhelmed, especially at the start, so I sometimes just have to step in and DO ... and once things are rolling, she is good :)

My wife and I are both planners, but I, I am the Disney planner !!! :)

I love to plan it all out, in my head, however, because the planning is part of the looking forward and the anticipation. However, then I like to throw all that out the window once I am there, and play it by ear. Isn't that a little weird ?

Its 12:15am....I was falling asleep watching tv. Than I started to think about our trip. I got up twice to write down 2 reminders of things I need to do for our trip. My brain wouldn't shut off...so here I am on the boards. My planning mode is in overdrive. ..lol

Are you headin to downtown at all? When we arrive on the 8 th there's an art festival the whole weekend there

Question....

How do I multi quote in a post??????

:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3

How do I quite more than once again??.?.?.?.?.

Hi! There are 3 tiny boxes in the bottom right corner of each post; click on the "quotation" marks (it will change to red I think) in each persons post you want to quote. When you are ready to respond click on the "quote" button or the "post reply" button. Hope that is not confusing.:dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter