Free dining complaint...

OK I went to allears and got the numbers so everyone can compare apples to pears.

The rack rate of a suite at ASMu, Regular season, is $254 per night. One room (non preferred) is $107 but I believe all the suites are in the same area as the preferred rooms which are $129.

A regular room at POR is $180 a night so 2 regular mod rooms are $360 a night. So $94 extra for two mod rooms vs a value suite. If the ASMu suite are considered preferred then you should use a preferred POR room which is $204 a night for a total of $408 for 2 rooms or $154 more.

I'm posting this so everyone can get a better feel for the numbers. All numbers are weekday rates and please check my math and reasoning.

Also I did not include AoA suites which start at $304 a night (still less) since I think their up charge is an experiment by Disney to see how far they can go on price for a "premium" value room.

Thanks for posting. It's always nice to look at the actual numbers!

Thanks for posting. It's always nice to look at the actual numbers!

I wasn't saying to sit back and shut up. All i was saying was disney dosen't have to offter free dinning and that i'm happy to have it. Sorry if the op dosen't see it that way. I think the way disney dose free dinning is fair because my understanding is that its based on your resort leavel. I wanted to upgrade to the ddp but i'm booked for Riverside ROYAL GUEST ROOM. and the cm told me that it couldn't be done. I'm going to call in the morning and see if this can be done. perhaps the sytsem might have been down.

I don't think the value suites are considered preferred; they just happen to be in that area, so I wouldn't compare them with preferred at the mods.

The numbers given actually prove the point of those who don't see a need for a complaint here.

OP has 6 family members, so they have the choice of a value suite, two rooms anywhere, or Ft. Wilderness cabins. They can't stay in one room anymore. The $106 per night more for two rooms at POR than the ASM suite for nine nights would be $954 MORE and they are only paying $720 for the DDP upgrade. So, staying in the value suite and paying for the upgrade is cheaper than the two rooms they need.

Now, if they are at AoA, then it's only $56 per night difference, and that times nine nights would be $504, so it would be cheaper to do the two mods.

The cabins at Ft. Wilderness are $285/night in the month of Sept ($300 on weekends), so they could stay there for just a little more than the ASM suites and get the regular DDP.

Just shows you gotta do your homework!

I wasn't saying to sit back and shut up. All i was saying was disney dosen't have to offter free dinning and that i'm happy to have it. Sorry if the op dosen't see it that way. I think the way disney dose free dinning is fair because my understanding is that its based on your resort leavel. I wanted to upgrade to the ddp but i'm booked for Riverside ROYAL GUEST ROOM. and the cm told me that it couldn't be done. I'm going to call in the morning and see if this can be done. perhaps the sytsem might have been down.

I think you quoted the wrong person? :confused3

I think that if Disney is going to tier the DP then they should tier it both ways :)

If value gets QSDP and mods get DP then deluxe should get DxDP, right?

I know this will never happen. It's like when some clothing stores will charge more for an XL or XXL (supposedly for the increase cost in fabric) but don't charge less for an XS? The tiered system always favors the house!

pixxi said:
Has anyone complained to Disney about getting quick dining plan vs reglar plan when you stay at a suite during free dining?

We stayed at a moderate (6 of us including an infant) and received the regular dining plan. This year we took the bounce back offer but we had to book a suite since the youngerst will be 3. We are paying a lot more for the room and we only qualify for the quick service. It just seems wrong.

I was just wondering if anyone else thought so too. I sent an email to Disney expresing my opinion. I think if we get more people on board, they may change that rule. :yay:
sorry but rules are rules. Value resorts get the QSDP and the moderate resorts get the reg DP. Just because your suite cost more than the package you had at the moderate level last year, it doesnt mean your entitled to the reg DP. If you want the reg DP, stay at the moderate level. Or upgrade the DP at the value level.

jamimb said:
I can understand where your coming from!! It would irritate me as well to think that someone staying in a moderate and paying less was getting more!
sorry but that attitude seems childish to me.

maxiesmom said:
They did state they were going to complain, so I think they understand that what plan you get is tied to the level of resort you are staying at. Miffed yes, confused no.
Complain? Lol. Sorry but i dont understand why the OP would complain. DPs are tied to your resort level, not your package $ amount, as mentioned.

OP, IMO your complaint is not valid.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

I think that if Disney is going to tier the DP then they should tier it both ways :)

If value gets QSDP and mods get DP then deluxe should get DxDP, right?

I know this will never happen. It's like when some clothing stores will charge more for an XL or XXL (supposedly for the increase cost in fabric) but don't charge less for an XS? The tiered system always favors the house!

Nah, they would probably come up with another dining tier. Value resorts would get a loaf of white bread and a package of bologna. Moderates would get the QSDP. Deluxe would get the regular plan.

Nah, they would probably come up with another dining tier. Value resorts would get a loaf of white bread and a package of bologna. Moderates would get the QSDP. Deluxe would get the regular plan.

You still get a refillable mug with that bread and baloney right. :thumbsup2

Too funny!! :rotfl:

And the bologna would be full of hidden Mickey's so the kids still have some enjoyment!!

bahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! OMG thats the funniest post! LMAO!
Deb & Bill said:

Lol. What a tragedy it would be if we didn't!
chartle said:
You still get a refillable mug with that bread and baloney right. :thumbsup2

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Deb & Bill said:

For an extra $5 per person you can upgrade the bologna to SPAM......

I do like the turn that this thread is taking. Whats the cost to upgrade to turkey if you dont like bologna? Guess im going to have to book moderate or higher just so i can eat.

Seems like the big problem with the OP, is that now they have 6 "real" people, instead of 5. So they have to start paying for the toddler's extra little body, go go fire codes!

50$ or more a night for his or her little body seem so high. Kids these days cost a bundle! pirate:

I do like the turn that this thread is taking. Whats the cost to upgrade to turkey if you dont like bologna? Guess im going to have to book moderate or higher just so i can eat.

Seems like the big problem with the OP, is that now they have 6 "real" people, instead of 5. So they have to start paying for the toddler's extra little body, go go fire codes!

50$ or more a night for his or her little body seem so high. Kids these days cost a bundle! pirate:

dont they just!!

you're complaining about FREE dining? Really?? It's FREE!! if you don't like the counter service, simply upgrade and pay the difference. :confused3

We stayed at the GF and they didn't give us deluxe dining...we had to pay the upgrade from regular dining... it's not a big deal.

you're complaining about FREE dining? Really?? It's FREE!! if you don't like the counter service, simply upgrade and pay the difference. :confused3

We stayed at the GF and they didn't give us deluxe dining...we had to pay the upgrade from regular dining... it's not a big deal.

Wow people really will complain about something for nothing.

I don't think the OP is complaining that the dining is free. I think she's venting a frustration that the free dining program seems unfair to her in how it's implemented. However, the others have provided explanations as to why it might seem unfair but it's not from a business perspective. Doesn't mean she still wouldn't like to see it changed.

And really...is it really free? :confused3 Disney made $1.8 billion in net income last year! The CEO said "We had a phenomenal third quarter, delivering the largest quarterly earnings in the history of our company," Iger said in a statement. http://money.cnn.com/2012/08/07/investing/disney-earnings/index.htm

Nothing is free. It's all marked up one way or another. Now if a cheeseburger cost me $8 instead of $16 and then I didn't get any discounts I'd be happier!

In the end it's a discount promotion just like a room discount and I've got plenty of complaints about how they do the room discounts. I just know that my complaints don't matter because it's all about WDW's business model - how they can make even bigger profits in 2013. Bigger room discounts for the rooms at resorts that need to be filled.

Just because someone wants to complain about the offer doesn't mean they don't appreciate the discount they just want to vent about how they think it's unfair. Should everyone jump on the Disboards and say "I just paid $5,000 for a vacation at WDW and I got free QS dining...I'm the luckiest person ever! Thanks so much Disney for caring about me!!"

In the end, I work hard for my money and I want Disney to work hard to take it from me!! Give me lots of discounts and make my vacation awesome so that I hand over the money with a smile :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter