Free Days @ WDW - Go to Universal???

maui2k5

DIS Veteran
I am planning a trip to WDW in late Sept and will be there for 9 days and am considering going to Islands of Adventure and Universal on two separate days during the time I am in WDW. Does anyone have any tips/guide/idea how long IOA or Universal will take to see in late Sept? Can the parks be done in a day each? I figure that seeing WDW for 4 days straight then a break to IOA/Universal will help to ensure that we do not get bored with the 4 Parks at WDW... Thanks!

We've been to US/IOA several times in September. You can absolutely do all of IOA in one day. You will get to experience most of US in 1 day.

I love September at US/IOA. Lines are VERY short.

MO Disney cruiser said:
We've been to US/IOA several times in September. You can absolutely do all of IOA in one day. You will get to experience most of US in 1 day.

I love September at US/IOA. Lines are VERY short.

Yep, I agree.....go, the parks are so much fun. Theres a Universal Board here as well with tons of info. My biggest advice is go at opening and ride the big attractions first. They also have fast pass and will give you 2 time slots to choose from, it makes planning much easier.

Thanks for the feedback. I will fit IOA and Universal into the plan. 9 full days is plenty to have 2 for non DW parks. Does IOA take a full day? Since it is Sept, I would imagine going to IOA on a weekday it should be pretty easy to get on the rides...

The best way to see the Universal parks is to stay at one of their onsite hotels. You get the continuous fast pass- you never have to wait on a line. You could so easily do both parks in the two days. But if you are just planning on staying at disney - then I say that Universal Studios may take a little longer to enjoy it all- between the Mummy, Men in Black, Back to the Future, Terminator, Earthquake, Jaws, Shrek, ET all the shows...... IOA is a faster to see park. The only long lines were at the Hulk and Spiderman when we went. So you may be able to hit US in the AM and do IOA in the PM after a full US day. Have fun. We love those parks as well- but especially love the onsite perks they offer.

I would call Mears or some other transportation company a day or two ahead of time if you visit Universal. I was with family staying at Contemporary this month and had to run to a Universal resort for business. The taxi cost was $35 each way, with tip...a bit costly.

However, a van service (like Mears) might also stop and pick-up other Disney area guests, so it could take longer. Anyway, just an issue to consider to plan for your seemless visit to Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter