FREE bedtime stories - Disney canceled - UPDATE (Post 1)

Grumpy's Gal

DIS Veteran
As you all know, Disney cancelled the bedtime stories on tv in the resorts.

On June 12, I emailed Disney at this email address:
wdw.Guest.communications@disneyworld.com

and politely said that we were unhappy about that. We used the bedtime stories A LOT to help get our kids to bed. That really made a nice ending to our day. And when going to DW on a budget, that was one of the nice freebies we enjoyed!

UPDATE:

Well today ( July 10), a representative just called me from DisneyWorld. She said they got my email. She said that previous surveys had indicated that people really weren't using those bedtime stories so much so they cancelled them . HOWEVER ----- she said she'd forward my email on to the office that decides that. She said anytime there is a change and people complain, Disney really HAS to take that into consideration and she said THEY DO. She said if anyone else was dis-pleased about not having the bedtime stories anymore and they complained, that complaint would also go to the office who decides.
She said Disney is one company that really does listen to what customers want.

So if you are dis-pleased about the bedtime stories being canceled, PLEASE send an email stating such to wdw.Guest.communications@disneyworld.com. They will listen and they are paying attention to how many people are not pleased. If enough people email........who knows. Maybe they will bring them back. (???)

Thanks.

So glad you got a reply. I will send them an email also :)

I just sent off my email. My DS loves them and was really looking forward to them on our Oct./Nov. trip this year. I hope that they bring them back if they get enough complaints.

I just sent my e-mail requesting they bring back the stories. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

I emailed them also, We were in our room 1 time early enough for the bedtime stories, and we lost intrest in them when the fireworks started @ M.K. we had to sit on our balcony :cloud9: (CR) and watch them. but they are great for smaller children, so I asked them to restart the bedtime stories. :goodvibes

I emailed them too my twins love them...

I emailed them as well. I think that this would be a good thread to put on the resort page as well. I would link it if I knew how but unfortuantly I do not.

Thanks for this I really hope they bring them back. They had them when we went to Disneyland this weekend as it was great. I enjoy these probably as much as my daughter.

I emailed a long time ago and got a call back within 3 days. The very nice CM told me the same thing, that it would be forwarded and they do listen...let's hope!

I just sent an email also. My 5 year old DD cried when we were there in April because there were no more "bednight stories." She has always called them that. Hopefully they will bring them back.

Please, oh please, let there be someone at the receiving end of our requests who has little ones!! They'll be able to feel our pain!

My children (now 5 and 3) fall asleep to those stories every night of our vacation. It's a great way for them to unwind after a day in the parks. They even watch the ones in Spanish!! :confused3

Thank you for starting this thread!!

I just emailed them as well. My 7 and 8 year olds still love the storytime and want it back. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Just sent off my email as well. My little ones loved these and I would love if they got them back for our next trip. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Thank you OP for calling my attention to this. I have sent an email kindly asking for bedtime stories. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter