****** Free 7 Day Ticket!!!!! ****** Daily Sweepstakes Now??

I got mine a few minutes ago too! Question though...I noticed you can only use it between March 1 and Dec 31 of this year. We just got annual passes. Do you know if the free ticket can be exchanged for FOTL passes or GC like they do w/ Disney's annual passes? If not, someone in my family will get a nice little gift!

I don't think you can gift the free ticket. At least not easily. The fine print says "You will need to present your ticket confirmation code mailer and a valid form of identification* at the ticket windows of either Universal Studios Florida or Islands of Adventure theme parks."

And "*Valid forms of identification include a U.S. government issued passport, a U.S. state issued driver's license or other form of photo identification issued by a state governmental agency."

Hmmm okay.

My daughter's legal name is Crystal & so is mine.

My son's legal name is Antonio & so is DH's.

If we get the tickets & take them to the turnstyle - wonder if we could get the kids' fingerprints scanned and make it their tickets? OR I wonder if they will do that when we pick them up....

LOL

If you haven't received an email yet from Universal, check your spam/junk folder. A lot of people on some of the other Disboards are finding them there!

I checked my "junk" folder and found nothing.....maybe they just haven't gotten everyone notified yet.

My guess is that they'll be strict about presenting the mailer and id, but allow the ticket to be used by anyone. If they're smart the ticket will expire 7 days after redemption to prevent people from selling on eBay.

Anyway, I sure hope I can redeem my ticket and give it to my DMIL -- yes I said "Dear Mother In Law". Super sweet lady, but after 13 years of marriage I can still only understand every other word out of her mouth -- Eastern Kentucky accent. :)

Thanks OP!!! I'm totally rocking a free ticket in my email. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: We were already going to Universal in June and planned on buying the 7 days passes. Now we have a free one, and only have to buy 3!!!

My guess is that they'll be strict about presenting the mailer and id, but allow the ticket to be used by anyone. If they're smart the ticket will expire 7 days after redemption to prevent people from selling on eBay.
That's what I'm thinking Melissa. You have to present the photo ID to pick up the ticket but anyone could use it.

Hmmm okay.

If we get the tickets & take them to the turnstyle - wonder if we could get the kids' fingerprints scanned and make it their tickets? OR I wonder if they will do that when we pick them up....

LOL

i bet that would work. it is the finger scan that would identify the holder of the pass.

i came back to add i noticed it said winners had to be 18.
with that in mind, i guess you can't substitute the tickets around then.

That's what I'm thinking Melissa. You have to present the photo ID to pick up the ticket but anyone could use it.

Hey Todd - Actually it was me that posted. I guess Melissa and I should sign our posts to make it clear who is posting. So for the record, Melissa's mom is from Eastern Kentucky and super nice. ;)

Greg

Hey Todd - Actually it was me that posted. I guess Melissa and I should sign our posts to make it clear who is posting. So for the record, Melissa's mom is from Eastern Kentucky and super nice. ;)

Greg
Oh hey Greg...sorry for the confusion. Glad you guys are doing well and were winners in the contest. :teeth:

I got one too, and I'm sure hoping there's a provision for AP holders.
not according to the email i got...yep, im a weiner too:cool1: (my AP is still valid for summer trip, guess i have to come back before year end...it's official;) )

Sounds like the promotion is going to drum up some extra business. Good work Universal! (ps...next time include Canadians)!!!
must be legal issue, notice it's quite common in contests?:confused3

I got mine a few minutes ago too! Question though...I noticed you can only use it between March 1 and Dec 31 of this year. We just got annual passes. Do you know if the free ticket can be exchanged for FOTL passes or GC like they do w/ Disney's annual passes? If not, someone in my family will get a nice little gift!

sorry, not if they follow their rules (as stated in your confirmation-follow the link). Great offer & while I understand it's intended to drum up business; REALLY think they should reward their loyal customers & allow it to be used toward PAP upgrades:confused3
Free ticket offer and mailer will not be redeemed for cash and will not be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged, except as may be required by law. It may not be resold in any manner whatsoever or used towards the purchase of any other Universal Orlando ticket product. Potential recipients will receive an email notifying them that they will receive the Ticket.
Hmmm okay.

again, the rules state that other than child of grand prize winner(s); contestants must be 18 years old:confused3

I won one! How exciting! DH & I have a trip planned in June and hadn't ordered our passes yet, and this is the pass we were going to buy, so this saved $100!

I just signed myself up since it said one per household, but that still cuts our ticket cost in half! It looks like they will be doing some more validation of information before they actually send the confirmations out. I see several here who used office addresses, other addresses etc. and I think it will be interesting to see if their software verification ends up catching any of these. I'm really not trying to stir up trouble, but the computer programmer in me just can't resist thinking about how the validation will be done. :surfweb: (This was the closest I could find to computer geek smilie.)

Here's some excerpts from the rules included in the email link (bold emphasis mine):
Complete and submit the registration including a valid home address.
...you automatically will receive one (1) Universal Orlando 2-Park Seven Day Unlimited Ticket ("Ticket"), subject to verification of non-duplicate registrations.
Potential recipients will receive an email notifying them that they will receive the Ticket.
Limit: One (1) Ticket per household. Recipients will receive redemption information for the Ticket by mail approximately 4 to 6 weeks following verification.

So, it sounds to me like receiving the email means that we were one of the first 100,000 and now they're going to be doing verification that the registrations were valid (i.e. home address, one per household, non-duplicate registration). Those that were valid will receive something in the mail that will have a confirmation code that we'll take to Universal and show ID to get the actual ticket. Does that sound right?

I won one! How exciting! DH & I have a trip planned in June and hadn't ordered our passes yet, and this is the pass we were going to buy, so this saved $100!

I just signed myself up since it said one per household, but that still cuts our ticket cost in half! It looks like they will be doing some more validation of information before they actually send the confirmations out. I see several here who used office addresses, other addresses etc. and I think it will be interesting to see if their software verification ends up catching any of these. I'm really not trying to stir up trouble, but the computer programmer in me just can't resist thinking about how the validation will be done. :surfweb: (This was the closest I could find to computer geek smilie.)

Here's some excerpts from the rules included in the email link (bold emphasis mine):
Complete and submit the registration including a valid home address.
...you automatically will receive one (1) Universal Orlando 2-Park Seven Day Unlimited Ticket ("Ticket"), subject to verification of non-duplicate registrations.
Potential recipients will receive an email notifying them that they will receive the Ticket.
Limit: One (1) Ticket per household. Recipients will receive redemption information for the Ticket by mail approximately 4 to 6 weeks following verification.

So, it sounds to me like receiving the email means that we were one of the first 100,000 and now they're going to be doing verification that the registrations were valid (i.e. home address, one per household, non-duplicate registration). Those that were valid will receive something in the mail that will have a confirmation code that we'll take to Universal and show ID to get the actual ticket. Does that sound right?

I agree. Either way though, it saves us a bit over $100 and we were going back in October regardless. If it worked.....sweet!:thumbsup2

:confused3
i thought that they'd just run the home addresses to weed out duplicates before sending out the confirming email

perhaps just firing a warning shot to keep peeps on the up&up pre-entry just to keep peeps honest, don't expect that they'll be checking ISPs or anything...yet u never know

all bets r off when it comes to the grand prize, think they'll be diligent

we'll know soon enough when the 1st person posts as to why they didn't get 'all' their tickets:upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter