Frames question

MyLittlePiglet

DIS Veteran
When making frames do most people double mat and then cut through both so double mat is only on outside so to speak or do you do it in two parts so that there is the "lip" everywhere so to speak? Does that make sense? Thanks!

MyLittlePiglet said:
When making frames do most people double mat and then cut through both so double mat is only on outside so to speak or do you do it in two parts so that there is the "lip" everywhere so to speak? Does that make sense? Thanks!
You are making total sense!!! I have seen them done both ways... I have done the few that I have done with the "lip" to them...

What a great question! I don't know if I would have thought of it, until it was the middle of the night and I needed to mail stuff tomorrow! :rotfl:

frame question part II

Does anyone have tips/ suggestions for cutting regtangular frames? HOw do you cut the inside away??

Has anyone used a cozzule(sp)????? Are those any good?

TIA
Michelle

This would be why I hate frames :)

When I did them for the LAND swap, for the bottom layers, I actually just cut strips 1.5" wide and then positioned them to make a frame. So there was no "inside" to cut out. Used a lot less paper too.

But to do the upper layer, I cut the insides out just using my paper trimmer. I cut one out of construction paper first, so I could make sure the size was right. Then I took the cutout and traced it, and then cut on the lines.

And I had a lip going all the way around.

I've used a craft knife to cut out the center of frames.

hopemax-

Now why the heck didn't I think of using construction paper for prototypes??? Hitting forehead with hand (really really hard)

I wasted soooo much paper last night doing this!!!!

I decided that everyone was getting frames with oval cut outs that fit a 4 x 6 more or less. Which BTW made my think A lot of ditigal photos don't print a true 4 x 6 so I made it to fit either I think it is 5.75 by something or other.... anyway....

I have gotten pretty good at cutting through one level of cardstock on top of another and then cutting through both to get the "lip".

Thanks guys for your help. Maybe someone has also used a cozzule(sp)

hopemax said:
This would be why I hate frames :)

When I did them for the LAND swap, for the bottom layers, I actually just cut strips 1.5" wide and then positioned them to make a frame. So there was no "inside" to cut out. Used a lot less paper too.

But to do the upper layer, I cut the insides out just using my paper trimmer. I cut one out of construction paper first, so I could make sure the size was right. Then I took the cutout and traced it, and then cut on the lines.

And I had a lip going all the way around.
Those frames are awesome!!! :) I've seen that work first hand!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter