FQ or PO?

can

Earning My Ears
Planning a late April trip. Have not ever stayed at either French Quarters or Port Orleans. Do you have a preference and why? Thanks for your input!

Thanks for your help, Bob. Checked out the link you provided and got some very good answers! Appreciate your response.

Hi Cathy, we will be at the FQ :love: from April 23rd to May 2nd :yay: It will be our third stay there and we cannot wait :woohoo: We even prefer the FQ to the Polynesian :eek: We love the smallness of the resort, the gorgeous grounds, the CMs are super friendly, the boat ride to DownTown is so nice and of course, there are the famous beignets in the food court :banana: We really appreciate the compact size and ease of getting to our building after long days at the parks Here is a super site by a fellow DISer Andre:
www.portorleans.org
It will give you some wonderful information about both resorts :thumbsup2 Have ful planning and maybe we will see you around :wave:

We prefer the FQ. I like that the property size is much smaller, but it is still a quiet and quaint atmosphere. We also like the fact that the buses usually pick up at FQ first if they are sharing service with POR. We have stayed at both resorts twice each, and overall love FQ!

Thank you both for your replies! We will have our two teenage daughters, 18 and 17 yo, so I would like to stay where they will enjoy the most. Love the portorleans.org link, lots of great info on both places. Personally, my choice would be FQ, but this is more their trip than it is ours. Again, thank you for your comments!

Thank you to all for your help! Was able to call last night and get our two rooms for French Quarters. The links and comments were such a tremendous help, appreciate you all taking the time to respond. Have a most magical day!

We love both the PO Resorts. This will be my DH and both of my DDs first time staying here....I have stayed once before back in college and have been wanting to go back ever since. We do spend a quite a bit of time exploring, shopping, and eating at the food court (which I know people will differ, but we actually think it is pretty good). We have stayed at POR once before and really enjoyed our stay. The only major difference between the two is that POR is much bigger and more spreadout than POFQ. When we stayed at POR we were lucky enough to get Bldg. #14 in the AB section. Our room was right next to the main building, right across from the marina, and a really short walk to the busstop. That reminds me, another difference is that POFQ has only one bus stop and they are first on and first off, while POR has 4 stops throughout the resort. Good luck, you will not go wrong with either of these resorts :goodvibes

My family went to Port Orleans for seven nights right before Christmas 2009 and we loved it. The boat ride to Downtown Disney was great. The food court was good and had a lot of choices. We were going to go back there in March but we got upgraded to SSR!

Hope that helps:)
Rachel

We've been to both and I like POFQ better. It's smaller and more quaint in my opinion. You have GOT to love the pool too, my kids loved the dragon waterslide. The beignet's for breakfast are great and you can still walk to POR to check out their pool/restaurant if you want...

just got back from fq. it was wonderful! previously we had stayed at coronado springs. this was so much easier because it is small and easy to reach your room from the bus or pool. the transportation was great as well. when we did share buses with por, we were picked up first and dropped off first. at other times, we were on fq buses that were not shared with por. i have never stayed at riverside , but i was able to see that it is a large resort with 4 bus stops. fq was just so much easier and we also loved the pool. it was cold during our stay, but we did get to swim on 2 days. really liked this resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter