FP to not be used by all members of party

SirG4lahad

ZPD Rookie
For prebooking FPs, what do we do if we are getting FPs for ex. RnRC, and only three out of our four members of our party will actually go on the ride? Will something happen to the fourth FP (expire, etc.)? Thanks!

You can let it expire, or scan and not use it. Or you can just schedule something else for that person.

We've also used my parents FP in the past when they didn't want to ride. Probably not fun for just 1 person though.

For prebooking FPs, what do we do if we are getting FPs for ex. RnRC, and only three out of our four members of our party will actually go on the ride? Will something happen to the fourth FP (expire, etc.)? Thanks!
When making FP, you select which members of your party you are making the FP for. So you can leave out the person who will not be riding, or you can make them one if someone else in your group wants to ride twice! (or you can make that person a FP for a different ride).

If they don't want to ride something else in the area/park then just make everyone the FP+ for rnrc, if they want they can walk through the line and preshow with the rest of the party and then use the "chicken exit" and meet you in the gift shop. Alternately they can go to the entrance with you, tap the mb and then just leave the line at that point.

This way all your FP+ will be used at the same time so you will all be able to book a same day 4th at the same time

Just book it and have them tap in to clear it off your FPS. There are 2 of us that won’t ride a couple of things and we’ll just let the others use ours for a re-ride- if they still allow that.

You can book a different F for your 4th person. For example, DH and DS go to RNRC, DD and I head to beauty and the beast across at the same time. We all tap and we all enjoy something we like.

You can book a different fp for the person who doesn't want to ride. OR, you can have one of the other members of your party take that persons MB and ride the ride. My family is a party of 3. I have in the past booked 3 FP for TOT and my husband decides not to ride, so I take his MB and ride it a second time. That is not a problem to do at all.

This issue with this is when you want to get a 4th fast pass especially a tier 1 then one member of the party won't be eligible.

I'm afraid I don't understand why this would be. If you book three FP+ for all but one party member and only 2 FP+ for that party member, my understanding is that it's all the same once all prebooked FP+ have been used. Granted, I've not played around with FP+ much in a group setting so I acknowledge I may be missing something, but when I traveled in 2018 I booked only one FP+ for myself and I was able to immediately start booking more of them in-park as soon as I'd used it.

If anything, it seems to me that the party member with fewer FP+ booked to their account would probably be able to book additional FP+ in the park sooner than the rest of the party (assuming the ride they don't do is everyone else's third).

Edit: Because I don't want to start an argument, I do want to clarify that I don't think reserving a FP+ you're not going to use and then either letting it expire or tapping without using it is "wrong." I'm just not aware of a compelling reason to do it.

Last edited:
Yes, sort of, the person that didn't book RnRc could book a 3rd when everyone else is booking a 4th but they would be limited to tier 2 while the others would not have that limitation. If you pre book and use your 3 FP+ then your eligible to book a 4th as another Tier 1 or book at another park.

It is just easier and less confusing if everyone has the same FP+ or at least at the same time as some pp's have suggested.

If more than one person didn't want to ride RnRc then of course booking another attraction for 2 people would be ideal. Since its only one person not riding I originally suggested booking everyone together, having the non rider go through the line and preshow and meet at the exit to minimize "alone time".

I'm afraid I don't understand why this would be. If you book three FP+ for all but one party member and only 2 FP+ for that party member, my understanding is that it's all the same once all prebooked FP+ have been used. Granted, I've not played around with FP+ much in a group setting so I acknowledge I may be missing something, but when I traveled in 2018 I booked only one FP+ for myself and I was able to immediately start booking more of them in-park as soon as I'd used it.

If anything, it seems to me that the party member with fewer FP+ booked to their account would probably be able to book additional FP+ in the park sooner than the rest of the party (assuming the ride they don't do is everyone else's third).

Just book it and have them tap in to clear it off your FPS. There are 2 of us that won’t ride a couple of things and we’ll just let the others use ours for a re-ride- if they still allow that.
Yep. That’s what we do. We always book them. Just in case.

Yes, sort of, the person that didn't book RnRc could book a 3rd when everyone else is booking a 4th but they would be limited to tier 2 while the others would not have that limitation. If you pre book and use your 3 FP+ then your eligible to book a 4th as another Tier 1 or book at another park.

I still don't get this. Once they've used all the FP+ that were booked on their account for that day, why would they not be able to book Tier 1 or book at another park? I didn't have any limits on my FP+ choices after using my single prebooked FP+.

The rest of what you said I can see as a fair argument; I personally wouldn't book it for everyone but it is a way to minimize alone time and prevent schedule confusion, yes.

Adding a new reply rather than editing in case someone else is typing--

I think the reasoning clicked for me, and I admit the possibility that I'm wrong--when I booked a single FP+ it was at Animal Kingdom, and I don't believe they have tiering. I'm not positive, but it's possible that I booked two more FP+ while I was at that same park before hopping to the next one, so it's possible that if those limitations are in place I would simply have not observed them. If I'm understanding correctly, is the reasoning that your first three FP+ function like prebooked FP+ regardless of whether or not you prebooked your full allotment of three? Because I've worked from the assumption that once you use all your prebooked FP+, anything additional works like any other FP+ you book the day-of, regardless of whether it's your fourth or only your third (or even second).

I still don't get this. Once they've used all the FP+ that were booked on their account for that day, why would they not be able to book Tier 1 or book at another park? I didn't have any limits on my FP+ choices after using my single prebooked FP+.

The rest of what you said I can see as a fair argument; I personally wouldn't book it for everyone but it is a way to minimize alone time and prevent schedule confusion, yes.
No desire to argue from me - see the FP+ FAQ section here post #7 for more information and two reasons why I would book the FP the way I described above.
Snipped from that post:

- Only 4th FPs (and beyond) are not subject to tiering limitations. Scheduling less than 3 FPs for a day is not a shortcut to getting additional Group 1 FPs in the same park faster.

- Only 4th FPs (and beyond) can be chosen to repeat FP attractions. Scheduling less than 3 FPs for a day is not a shortcut to repeating an attraction with FP faster.

No desire to argue from me - see the FP+ FAQ section here post #7 for more information and two reasons why I would book the FP the way I described above.
Snipped from that post:

- Only 4th FPs (and beyond) are not subject to tiering limitations. Scheduling less than 3 FPs for a day is not a shortcut to getting additional Group 1 FPs in the same park faster.

- Only 4th FPs (and beyond) can be chosen to repeat FP attractions. Scheduling less than 3 FPs for a day is not a shortcut to repeating an attraction with FP faster.

Agreed on not having any desire to argue! I wanted clarification because I have been given incorrect information on this board several times in the past, and my personal experience didn't seem to line up with what you were telling me. Case in point on the propensity for message board members to give incorrect info, though: it seems I was wrong! It never occurred to me to check the FAQ for that information because my personal experience had seemed to support my assumptions. As I indicated above, though, it apparently came down to me just not having had a need to book a second tier 1 until after I'd made and used my second two FP+ of the day, so it just never cropped up as an issue.

Last edited:
I would book them for the whole party but rather than waiting for it to expire you can have someone take it with them when they enter the queue and just scan it for them....they don't need to be there. As others have said, unless there is something else in that tier that person wants to do just book the same one for them...do not just book two. Maybe someone may end up wanting to do it again by themselves.

"So long pops...we'll come back and get you from the Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge in a few minutes so drink that Moscow Mule fast."

Can a person book a tier 1 fastpass during the day of usage if that person has pre-booked less than 3 fastpasses (or three Tier 1's) and those fastpasses are not tier 1? I think Tier 1 can be booked this way and that may be part of the reason for the "argument".

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter