• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP TIER changes at DHS as of August 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.

OF course they can if they want to

Edit (my cat hit my keyboard before I was ready to post)

I don't think they can guarantee a reservation to every on site guest but they could certainly implement some type of reservation system.

It would be a miracle if they pulled it off with the terrible IT system they have.

If following the DLR model, how would CMs enforce guests leaving at the end of their 4 hours using FP?
You basically need to think of the entire land as one attraction. And like an attraction, the land has a capacity. In order to know how many FPs to issue in a day, you have to estimate how long the average visitor will stay in SWGE. I think WDW can do this. Also, the fact that you don’t dedicate all of the capacity to timed-entry fastpass and can maintain a stand-by queue gives you some wiggle room if the land gets more crowded than expected (standby waits grow).

Observation/opinion 1: This is a direct reaction to how low crowds have been in the rest of DCA since SWGE opened. While not great news at first blush, I think it's ultimately good news for folks (like me) who are hoping the rest of HS will be low crowds outside of SWGE.

Observation/opinion 2: DW is going to implement a limited reservation system soon for SWGE, giving priority in order of resort level. Deluxe first/most, Moderates next, Value last.

Observation/opinion 2: DW is going to implement a limited reservation system soon for SWGE, giving priority in order of resort level. Deluxe first/most, Moderates next, Value last.

I have thought about that as well. I think it could be one way to do it. I would be excited if they did this.

I have thought about that as well. I think it could be one way to do it. I would be excited if they did this.

I don't think they would risk lots of cancellations, especially at the value and moderate levels as they likely have no shot. Folks will go if they have control of their destiny via arriving early, waiting in lines, EMH etc. But if SWGE was important to my trip and I have no reservation to get in, I'm cancelling my trip. The plus is waiting until next year will get me both rides and maybe lower crowds with Disney in a better place in handling all.

The optics of that would be absolutely horrific, i.e. "Thanks for giving all the rich people at the Grand Floridian access before us peasants over at All Star"

They already tier lots of stuff based on resort levels. This would be no different.

I said something similar upthread. SWGE aside, you could be done with every ride by 9am.

While I’m speculating what 6am-9am will be like in the rest of the park, you gotta think you can cover a ton of ground during that time, right?

Oh, how I wish I was an early riser. Getting my kiddos up and getting ready to leave for DHS by 5:00am sounds like my idea of h-e- double hockey sticks. We're leaning towards just scrapping the Studios this Sept. One should not have to stalk the deepest corners of the internet relentlessly for months to plan a vacation. It used to be fun, but now I just find it stressful and worrisome.
I'm happy with the 3 MK, 2 Epcot and 2 AK days we have. We will just have to allocate the extra park day to one of the other 3 parks. We haven't seen Toy Story Land yet, but that's fine. I'm trying to let go of what I thought this trip would be (booked prior to SWGE opening announcement) and looking for the silver lining. More time in the other parks just means we can slow down and take our time, not trying to do it all in 1 day. This is what I have to keep telling myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter