FP day tomorrow- computer or phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayportkat

Mouseketeer
Just wondering which option would be better? My laptop or the cell phone app to make FastPass reservations tomorrow? Would love to hear people's experiences!
Thanks

Last edited:
I'm tomorrow too! It's been a few years for me but I'm planning to try computer first with phone ready to go as a backup. Curious what others suggest.

I've always do mine on the computer. I've never had any luck calling Disney and not have a long hold time, so I was always worried about the FP+ being unavailable by the time someone answered.

Both. I have both ready to use in case Stitch eats the page. I feel like the phone is faster (could just be my equipment.) But I really like the computer for tweaking the plans at my leisure later in the morning - shifting things 5 mins here or 10 mins there.

I've always do mine on the computer. I've never had any luck calling Disney and not have a long hold time, so I was always worried about the FP+ being unavailable by the time someone answered.
Sorry for the confusion- I meant the cell phone app- not calling!!

Sorry for the confusion- I meant the cell phone app- not calling!!

It's one of those days!! I read what you wrote and still failed LOL. :oops: I honestly prefer the computer. I've done both and speed wise, I didn't notice one being faster then the other... But that could be totally different depending on what type of phone/computer you're running. I just prefer seeing everything on a larger screen.

I did mine a couple weeks ago on a computer and had no problems. I thought it was easier to navigate and see everything on the page as opposed to a phone where you have to scroll, or it is grouped differently. Others probably are more adept at the app, but the computer- and having all my plans spread out around me on the desk, worked best for me. I actually usually use an IPAD, and rarely a phone, except when I’m in the parks.

I did mine on Monday and I didn't use the app at all. I had the website pulled up on my iPad and laptop and ended up using both because the Olaf error page kept coming up. Between the 2 devices I got it done and got everything we wanted.

I used several devices because sometimes one would slow down and I would switch to the other. No major problems and I was booking for 10 people

I booked FP a couple of weeks ago. I also used a laptop and had the phone app ready to go but didn't need it. Good luck!

I used both today, the browser site kept going down but I was able to continue on through the app. If you have both options, keep them both ready.

Another vote for computer but I always have my phone ready as a backup. Once I did have to switch back and forth a few times until I was done.

Now when I did mine a couple weeks ago, the website was so slow I couldn’t get the FP page to load, but I zipped right through on the phone app. Got all 30 FPs done in about 35-40 minutes. So, I would agree, have both up and ready to go.

Last edited:
Have everything handy--that way if one device is slow or doesn't work you can switch to the other. That's my preferred method. Last time I did this, for my May trip, I ended up using both the computer and the phone app.

I go to WDW multiple times a year (all at least 1 wk each). I use iPhone on app and have computer or iPad on web site. Use both to make the fast passes. Phone almost always long wait and slower. Get up early to get on ASAP. Grab the hardest passes first on days you want & go back & fill in the others. Good luck & enjoy. You can always tweak times in modify later if not perfect also.

I use my computer to do the initial bookings, it has a better interface where you can see all available time for a ride, and then I tweak them (shift up 5 minutes) on the app throughout the 60 day wait.

You can usually shift most rides, except the headliners, to pretty reasonable times if you are persistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter