Fox Rent a Car from LAX- anyone rented lately?

DnA2010

Rope Drop!
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has rented from Fox recently? I see they are "call for pickup" rather than a shuttle, curious how long people have waited?
It can take ages waiting for enterprise etc anyways, so was thinking of trying Fox.

I have used Fox before. I don't think they are any better or worse than the other shuttles at LAX. It takes a while for any shuttle to make that loop.

My strategy is that I immediately get the shuttle to the car rental. Meanwhile, I leave the family at the airport to wait for our baggage. Then, I pick them up. It helps me get out in-front of most people, reduce our wait time, and eliminate getting bags on and off the shuttle.

I read reviews last year and it seems when things were bad they were bad and when things went right they were ok. Most common in the reviews were having to wait a long time in line to get the car and/or the car was not available when they arrived and had to wait quite a while for a car.

After reading the reviews I cancelled with Fox and kept my reservation at Dollar. To me it was not worth the $30 or so savings to worry that those things might happen to me after a cross country flight.

My strategy is that I immediately get the shuttle to the car rental. Meanwhile, I leave the family at the airport to wait for our baggage. Then, I pick them up. It helps me get out in-front of most people, reduce our wait time, and eliminate getting bags on and off the shuttle.

At LAX that strategy can easily backfire. The "Horseshoe" getting back to passenger pickup is often jammed up with traffic and sometimes dang near gridlocked. LAX is really a very poor traffic design.

At LAX that strategy can easily backfire. The "Horseshoe" getting back to passenger pickup is often jammed up with traffic and sometimes dang near gridlocked. LAX is really a very poor traffic design.

Yes, I could see that happening. For me it's also about hauling the luggage around. My back can be tricky and hate to start off the vacation with it tweaked!

We usually uber it over to the FOX lot. Not worth waiting an hour forr the shuttle for a $10 Uber.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter