• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Found one, may make offer

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
I found a contract I that seems good for us.. AKV, 300 points.... April uy, which works for us for the most part, we will prmarily travel summer and November, some december and maybe Spring break. June would be better, but April works ok too. Cant cover every month.

I started out thinking 200 points but my husband wants to stay in one bedroom vs. studios and that is his reason for doing this... nicer, roomier accomodations. So, I am thinking 300 is what I need and will get us what we want most years and if we want to save for a big trip we can bank/borrow and or rent.

Thoughts on this plan? Thanks for your valuable advice... you guys have been so very helpful!!

kim

300 point contracts are more difficult to sell and should stay on market longer and sell for slightly less.

Lowball what you're thinking of offering by at least $2 dollars more per point and start there.

I did that for my 250 point BCV offer and it was accepted without a counter.

My point is that BECAUSE you're now considering a larger contract, with that consideration should including a savings in cost due to buying a more difficult to sell large contract. Amend your pricing decision accordingly.

Last edited:
300 point contracts are more difficult to sell and should stay on market longer and sell for slightly less.

Lowball what you're thinking of offering by at least $2 dollars more per point and start there.
ok.. asking 78 now.... still should offer less?

That's probably pretty good, especially if it's not stripped. I'd ask for $2 less and see what happens.

Too low and it could be ROFR'd but I don't think DVC is taking a bunch of AKV contracts so you're prob safe unless you go real low.

I think it can't hurt to offer a few bucks lower. If the seller takes it great, if not, no harm starting lower. They'll almost certainly counter if they don't like your first offer.

I've always looked at what has recently (past nine months or so) passed ROFR and bid that or a dollar or so lower.

I mean, if it's a 50 point contract, there's no chance to offer a lower offer. The seller will have their choice of offers and blow right by you.

A 300 point contract will likely sit on the market at least a little while. That gives you the opportunity to fish a bit.

Even if you offer $2 less and they counter $1 less, in my book $300 bucks is $300 bucks. Nice dinner and movie, with change, on the house, to celebrate!

That's probably pretty good, especially if it's not stripped. I'd ask for $2 less and see what happens.

Too low and it could be ROFR'd but I don't think DVC is taking a bunch of AKV contracts so you're prob safe unless you go real low.

I think it can't hurt to offer a few bucks lower. If the seller takes it great, if not, no harm starting lower. They'll almost certainly counter if they don't like your first offer.
good point, I would usually always negotiate, but I am new to this.. so wasn't sure. Cant hurt I guess. Thanks for your advice.

Zbornak---$78-$28635-320-AKV-Oct-640/16, 320/17, 320/18- sent 1/4

Brinkley07---$75-$14772-175-AKV-Sep-0/16, 175/17, 175/18- sent 1/18

asking 78 now.... still should offer less?
Above are just a few of the recent from the ROFR thread. It seems you are in the ball park but if it is stripped of current points and next year then you could push for less, (the first one listed is a loaded contract that went for $78. If you are only really looking at a $2 decrease per point which equates to $600 sometimes it isn't worth losing the contract if it is really what you want. so $600 of the $23400 you are spending really is only 2%. Offer what you are comfortable with and the owners could always counter offer. What is the listing price?

I mean, if it's a 50 point contract, there's no chance to offer a lower offer. The seller will have their choice of offers and blow right by you.

A 300 point contract will likely sit on the market a least a little while. That gives you the opportunity to fish a bit.
OK, good to know~

Zbornak---$78-$28635-320-AKV-Oct-640/16, 320/17, 320/18- sent 1/4

Brinkley07---$75-$14772-175-AKV-Sep-0/16, 175/17, 175/18- sent 1/18

WB1971---$89-$10189-100-AKV-Oct-100/15, 100/16, 100/17, 100/18- sent 1/28

Above are just a few of the recent from the ROFR thread. It seems you are in the ball park but if it is stripped of current points and next year then you could push for less, but when you are really looking at a $2 decrease which probably equates to $600 sometimes it isn't worth losing the contract if it is really what you want. so $600 of the $23400 you are spending really is only 2%. Offer what you are comfortable with and the owners could always counter offer. What is the listing price?
Do you mean those passed ROFR? contract not stripped... 60 points borrowed most likely be lost because need to be used by April, but full 300 coming in April 17 etc.

There used to be a bottom fishing thread here, how low can you go...

I don't think you need to try to hit the absolute bottom but buying a 300 point contract should give you a bit more leverage. That's all I'm saying.

Could something go wrong? Sure. The seller could get offended and not deal with you or the contract could go ROFR because you negotiated too good a deal. Even so, there are other contracts in the sea.

I'd fish it at least a little.

Even if you think $78 is a good deal, if you could get it for $76, you'd think that was a great deal? Right?

I'm all for walking out of deals believing I got a great deal. It sets the table on how you feel about ownership.

I paid $84/point for 250 point BCV. Yes, I think I got a great deal.

Make sure you're dealing with a reputable broker. I can't find the contract you're talking about, neither online nor in the weekly emails from the brokers.

As with any negotiation, figure out what you're willing to pay. Ignore their asking price. Make your offer.

Make sure you're dealing with a reputable broker. I can't find the contract you're talking about, neither online nor in the weekly emails from the brokers.

As with any negotiation, figure out what you're willing to pay. Ignore their asking price. Make your offer.
its fidelity...

If there are 2017 points, then that's pretty normal. But everything is negotiable.
Plus I get the impression that DVC likes contracts better when seller pays for MFs for buyer. I've seen those ROFRd more I believe than otherwise.

I think you're better off negotiating price per point than MFs.

Be careful with Fidelity. They charge extra fees that other brokers do not include, increasing the cost. Also, they have a reputation for listing contracts at low prices, then encouraging bidding wars between buyers.
oh no!! I just made offer.. before reading this.... well, we shall see. so nervous!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter