Fort Wilderness During a Hurricane

I weathered a hurricane at BLT. It was scary outside but I always felt safe in the resort. Disney CMs go above and beyond to accommodate guests during an emergency.

I'm at home in Polk City. It's about 30 minutes west of property off of I-4. 😊
Hopefully the winds have died down before it rolls over your house. I have friends with a house in Ft. Meyers and one of my staff's dad lives in Naples. They haven't faired so well. Not sure about the Ft. Meyers house. Still no power, but my team member sent me this pic of his dad's car. He works at a senior high rise apartment building. He drove in to work about 7am and this was his parking lot at noon. Sounds like his house is ok, once he can get there.

j

Screenshot_20220928-185436_Teams.jpg

We saw pictures like that Jim. Heartbreaking. Haven't heard much on the people yet. Hope everybody ends up ok. They did have them evac pretty early.

Hope everybody ends up ok. They did have them evac pretty early.
So far so good. Friends in Ft. Meyers posted this a couple of hours ago.

"We are still watching 80 to 110 mph winds outside our home, but I thank God for giving us a house with concrete block construction, and a 90 proof whiskey to help me through the worst part of dealing with Ian's eyewall."

Tom has a good sense of humor, but I'm sure he's not joking about the 90 proof. :)

It sounds like a lot in the Ft. M/Naples vacininty got lulled into the early forecast of it coming on shore near Tampa. The shift south yesterday afternoon caught some off guard.

Hopefully the night isn't too rough for you and morning brings better weather.

j

Reporting from Plant City area, 25’ travel trailer fared well last night. I think the house was able to shield the worst winds. Hopefully the fort will be back up and running soon and no one got any damage. Will be there in a few weeks.

Went to the Ursala parking lot tonight to check on my camper. It still has some love bugs stuck to the front but otherwise it was fine. Just saw damage to one camper. It was a bumper pull and looked like it wasn't chocked well and had rolled back a little and the front jacks collapsed. Port Orleans Riverside has been ok unless you want to eat at normal eating times, then the food court was packed. The storm brought down leaves and small branches at the resort but that was about it.

Went to the Ursala parking lot tonight to check on my camper. It still has some love bugs stuck to the front but otherwise it was fine. Just saw damage to one camper. It was a bumper pull and looked like it wasn't chocked well and had rolled back a little and the front jacks collapsed. Port Orleans Riverside has been ok unless you want to eat at normal eating times, then the food court was packed. The storm brought down leaves and small branches at the resort but that was about it.

So what you're saying is that even a hurricane won't remove those love bugs....

I think we figured out why they call it Stuckey's.

(This is us, dodging the Ian bullet, returning home last week.)

You can dodge a hurricane, but you can't dodge a love bug.

View attachment 706849

I know how to get those lovebugs off, @ivegotayen .

giphy.gif

A little singed fiberglass is worth the clean look.

Bama Ed

We got about a day and a half at the Fort for a 10 day stay. 2 and a half days in our room at Port Orleans Riverside and another 5 days there going to the parks. Of the trip we had planned, we really like being at the fort. Stayed at Stone Mountain for 3 days touring Atlanta. Now we are in Nashville for 3 days to relax and make the long drive back to just west of Chicago. Already 4,000 miles on this trip. Going to have to plan better for the next one. The hurricane was never really a problem, we just couldn’t be at the Fort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter