Fort Wilderness Christmas Eve

mmluvr

Mouseketeer
Seasons Greetings to All!!!

We are planning a visit to Fort Wilderness during the day and early evening on December 24.

Last year we stayed in a cabin for Christmas and on the 24th there was a pet parade, the Christmas Golf cart parade, tree lighting and carolers. I know there is construction on the barn at the Fort and construction of Reflections so I was wondering if the events will still go on this year.

Also, is the bike/running/walking path from the Fort to the Wilderness Lodge still open due to construction of Reflections?

Thanks all for any help you may be able to provide!

The path between Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge has been closed off due to construction of Reflections.
Denise

We are planning a visit to Fort Wilderness during the day and early evening on December 24.

Last year we stayed in a cabin for Christmas and on the 24th there was a pet parade, the Christmas Golf cart parade, tree lighting and carolers.

mmluvr,

Over on the DIS Camping Forum, we have a pinned thread for trips reports for people at the Fort in that month (to use if they choose to). Those kind of special events were NOT listed in the December Recreation Calendar for FW (where they list the movies for the month - usually on page 2) that I posted in that thread. Typically those kind of special events ARE listed (like for 4th of July and Halloween events) but there weren't this month. Looking at the other Resort Recreation Calendars for December, not a single one lists any Christmas eve/day special events. I find that strange. A few say "check with the front desk or Recreation Cast" for Holiday offerings.

For the Fort I bet those events will occur same as they did last year (may not the exact time but on Eve) but you might follow the pinned trip report thread on the Camping Forum because folks will post those details once they learn of them during their stay.

Camping Forum December Trip Report Thread

Or make a request in the thread for that info because, after all, you are a Fort alumnus. ::yes::

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Bama Ed,

Thanks for helping me!

Last year when we checked in we were given a separate flyer (from the normal map and whatever other stuff) which provided the dates and times of the holiday festivities at The Fort.

I will check out Camping Forum Trip Report...thanks for the direct link!

I love you referred to me as Fort Alumnus, lol! We have been visiting The Fort on a regular basis for over 20 years and it seems like our second home, it is such a special place!

Thanks again for your help! Happy Holidays!

mmluvr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter