Fort Early Arrival (5 AM)

jdpeagle

Earning My Ears
Good morning, campers!

We're headed down to the Fort this weekend. By my estimates, we should be arriving into the Orlando area around 5 AM on Sunday morning (we've requested to check-in @ 12 PM).

Does anyone have experience with being allowed into the overflow parking/campsites that early in the morning? We can hold short at a local Cracker Barrel/Walmart if necessary, but would rather get on property if possible.

TIA!

Jim,
we have arrived at 9am no problem but never that early.. You trying to get out ahead of any rain/wind we might get early Sun AM from Florence?

We have checked in at the Fort at 6 AM. We pulled up next to the Outpost and went inside to do our check in. The actual check in lanes were not open at that time. It worked out pretty well as we were allowed to look at what sites were available immediately and their dimensions. The CM' have a book with all the site specifics. The site we picked was available immediately. The only issue is that we wanted to be considerate of our neighbors when getting into the site. We did minimal setup when we pulled in and finished later that day. I believe that 6 AM is the earliest that you can check in.

You trying to get out ahead of any rain/wind we might get early Sun AM from Florence?

Actually more simple than that - want to make most of the trip while the kids are sleeping. :)

The only issue is that we wanted to be considerate of our neighbors when getting into the site. We did minimal setup when we pulled in and finished later that day.

I would probably avoid heading back to the campsite until after 9 AM or 10 AM anyway. Parking in overflow would allow for us to take a bus to breakfast and return for campsite set-up later in the day at our leisure. I certainly wouldn't want a large RV pulling in and setting up next to me in the wee hours of the morning.

I would probably avoid heading back to the campsite until after 9 AM or 10 AM anyway. Parking in overflow would allow for us to take a bus to breakfast and return for campsite set-up later in the day at our leisure. I certainly wouldn't want a large RV pulling in and setting up next to me in the wee hours of the morning.

That sounds like a reasonable plan. I'm not sure what they would do with you with a 5a arrival (you technically aren't allowed overnights stays in the overflow lot, so I don't know when they start letting you pull into the overflow lot) - other more veteran Fort goers will be able to speak to that. Once 6a rolls around, however, you can check in, get your site number, and leave your rig in the overflow lot as long as you want. Come back whenever you are ready to set up.

While I didn't arrive until closer to 7a, I did the same last fall. Pulled in, checked in, dropped the rig in the lot and headed to get some breakfast before a golf lesson I had booked. Did a few other things and got back after lunch to begin set-up.

Good morning, campers!

We're headed down to the Fort this weekend. By my estimates, we should be arriving into the Orlando area around 5 AM on Sunday morning (we've requested to check-in @ 12 PM).

Does anyone have experience with being allowed into the overflow parking/campsites that early in the morning? We can hold short at a local Cracker Barrel/Walmart if necessary, but would rather get on property if possible.

TIA!

Call the Outpost and ask, 407-824-2727

We had a hurricane evacuation notice some years ago so I called the Outpost since we also had reservations. They said to come over, SW FL is home, we arrived at 4AM, checked in and went to site. Jacks went down, electric hooked up, no slides out then went to sleep.

You can check in at 6am no problem. You will most likely even be able to head on to your site as well if you wanted, but parking in overflow will certainly be an option as well.

As others said, at that early a time you'll have to go inside, but no problem. You'll probably even get to look through the book if you ask and maybe even pick your own site.

Stop and eat or drive a bit slower to arrive around 6. This is the golden time it seems and we have never been turned away at the time. We usually stop and eat before rolling in around 6 or a wee bit after and then we are set up nice and early!

I have arrived as early as 5:30, the guard had me pull into the parking lot, we tent camp, went inside and watched some cartoons with DD, the CM came out and checked us in but told me she could not give us our site number until 6:05.

Others have posted that 6:01 (or 6:05) is the magic time when the sites for the day "release". Prior to that the system is still on "yesterday". That's likely why snowmedic had to wait when he arrived at 5:30.

I have tried to make the magical 6:00 arrival twice. Last year Hurricane Irma got in the way and closed the Fort. This year a pesky truck part failed on the drive down and delayed us by about 9 hours.

Maybe next time.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter