Formula One Race in Austin, TX

happily single

Left foot first!
Can anyone help a mom ? My son is a huge Formula One fan. He is turning 18 in October and I typically take the kids on a special vacation for their 18th birthday.

i know nothing about Formula One!
it appears that there is a race in Austin, Tx from 10-21 through 10-23. With maybe 10-21 and 10-22 being “not race days”. Their official website has no tickets available, but I see that TicketMaster has tickets for the 21st available. I’d like to scoop those up before they sell out, but what are the chances that tickets for the actual race will become available?

anything else you can tell me about Formula One and/or Austin will be appreciated. I am sure everything will be expensive.

The 21st is probably the practice day, with the 22nd being qualification day and the 23rd the race itself.

From what I understand, the tickets I thought were sold as a package, but I could be wrong. Yes, it will likely be really expensive. My older son is really into it and looked into tickets for the race that was just in Miami. Ticket packages for the weekend were starting in the $1,000s per ticket.

The 21st is probably the practice day, with the 22nd being qualification day and the 23rd the race itself.

From what I understand, the tickets I thought were sold as a package, but I could be wrong. Yes, it will likely be really expensive. My older son is really into it and looked into tickets for the race that was just in Miami. Ticket packages for the weekend were starting in the $1,000s per ticket.
Thanks for the info on the tickets being a package. I wonder how/why Ticketmaster has tickets for the 21st available.

On Friday you get Pit walk (3 day ticket holders only)
F1 Practice 1.
GP2 Practice 1
Pit walk (3 day ticket holders only)
F1 Practice 2
GP2 Qualifying
Porche Supercup Practice1
GP3 Practice 1

On Saturday you get
F1 Pit Stop practice
Pit Walk (3 day ticket holders only)
GP3 Qualifying
F1 Practice 3
Porche Supercup Qualifying
Pit walk 3 day ticket holders only
F1 Qualifying
GP 2 Race 1
GP 3 Race 1

On Sunday you get
Gp3 Race 2
Gp2 Race 2
Porche Supercup Race
Pit Walk 3 day ticket holders only
F1 Race.

October 21 will be Practice 1 and 2
October 22 will be Practice 3 and Qualifying
October 23 will be the race.

There are usually both packages and individual day tickets with some passes being specific to the session. At this point you'll likely have to buy on the resale market.

Can anyone help a mom ? My son is a huge Formula One fan. He is turning 18 in October and I typically take the kids on a special vacation for their 18th birthday.

i know nothing about Formula One!
it appears that there is a race in Austin, Tx from 10-21 through 10-23. With maybe 10-21 and 10-22 being “not race days”. Their official website has no tickets available, but I see that TicketMaster has tickets for the 21st available. I’d like to scoop those up before they sell out, but what are the chances that tickets for the actual race will become available?

anything else you can tell me about Formula One and/or Austin will be appreciated. I am sure everything will be expensive.
If you want to learn a little about Formula 1 and if you have Netflix, I recommend watching the series, “Formula 1: Drive to Survive.” I wasn’t a motor sports fan at all, but I really enjoyed the show and now find myself following results and other news.

The actual race in on 10/23. The other 2 days are practice and qualifying. All F1 races are on road courses so where you sit makes a BIG difference on how much of the actual race you can see (and how much the tickets costs!!!) Better views are considered premium seating and lower priced tickets probably only give you a view of 1-2 corners.

Be aware that tickets called 'general admission' allow access to the race location, but you don't actually have any type of reserved seats. Tickets I see for sale can be VERY expensive so it depends on your budget and what you want to be able to see at the race. Your profile indicates you live in RI, so you also have to consider transportation to get there as well as the hotel costs. Most major race events sell out hotels MONTHS in advance, so you can also expect to pay a premium for that as well. There used to be an F1 race @ Indy but there was a huge fiasco relating to tire wear a few years back and F1 no longer holds a race there.

Might also look around for some other types of top tier racing (i.e. NASCAR or IndyCar) since those lately are never sold out and you can probably find a race closer to where you live and hotels likely would be less expensive.

1653338774436.png

The actual race in on 10/23. The other 2 days are practice and qualifying. All F1 races are on road courses so where you sit makes a BIG difference on how much of the actual race you can see (and how much the tickets costs!!!) Better views are considered premium seating and lower priced tickets probably only give you a view of 1-2 corners.

Be aware that tickets called 'general admission' allow access to the race location, but you don't actually have any type of reserved seats. Tickets I see for sale can be VERY expensive so it depends on your budget and what you want to be able to see at the race. Your profile indicates you live in RI, so you also have to consider transportation to get there as well as the hotel costs. Most major race events sell out hotels MONTHS in advance, so you can also expect to pay a premium for that as well. There used to be an F1 race @ Indy but there was a huge fiasco relating to tire wear a few years back and F1 no longer holds a race there.

Might also look around for some other types of top tier racing (i.e. NASCAR or IndyCar) since those lately are never sold out and you can probably find a race closer to where you live and hotels likely would be less expensive.

View attachment 671251
We have a corporate event planned around the race in Austin, for scale and pricing, our VIP Ticket costs are $9-11,000/person. We are talking Disney-level pricing :)

^^ I agree, F1 has a reputation as a see/be seen sport for the jet set/money is no object crowd.

An example for a NASCAR race in August closer to your location in Richmond, VA has tickets available for $85-145/per person. (There is also a race in Dover, Delaware but that was held earlier this year.) You can also check the IndyCar website for their track locations.

1653339957830.png

Last edited:

View attachment 671251
Thanks for all the great information. Yes, we will be flying from RI, I’ve already priced flights and to Austin is expensive. I found much more reasonable,flights from San Antonio which appears to be a 60-90 min drive.

i see another post where they said their corp price is $9-11k per person. That is definitely out of the price range, but I am expecting to spend $5-6k total. There will be three of us traveling.

If you want to learn a little about Formula 1 and if you have Netflix, I recommend watching the series, “Formula 1: Drive to Survive.” I wasn’t a motor sports fan at all, but I really enjoyed the show and now find myself following results and other news.

It is a fun series to watch but it is somewhat exaggerated, like many reality series.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter