Former WDWCP Intern

Former CP here!! Fall 03 was my program. Lifeguard at SAB and absolutely loved it. I still go down there about every 5 months and work for a week. This summer I'm planning on working at DTD in Lake Patrol. I was one of the lucky few to enjoy free laundry and a one bedroom apartment at the Commons with another American roommate.

For those of you who have done the CP I have a few questions and it'd be great if someone could answer them :) I was wondering how much extra money you had to spend to do the CP. Did you have to pay for the sleeping arrangements or do they cover that? Do you have to buy food/beverages to keep in the dorms or did you eat out a lot? Did you take your car or was it easy to get from place to place with the transportation they have? I'm considering the CP for the fall b/c they are doing interviews at my school this month and those are some of my top questions. I know I could probably get the answers when I go to the presentation but I figured I would come here and ask the people who have actually been in the program. Thanks! :)

HomeSweetDisney
Thos are very common and understandable questions, all of which would be answered during the presentation. But of course we are more than happy to answer them for you to be a step ahead.
1. How much extra money to spend? There is only one fee for the Program, and that is the $60 nonrefundable housing application.
2. Did you have to pay for sleeping arrangements? Your rent is taken directly out of your paycheck every week so that you don't have to worry about your roommates missing out on a monthly payment. I know that rent has gone up since i was CP as well as your $/hour wages and the amount of rent you pay does depend on what size apartment you have. You do not have to worry about paying for any utilities as those are covered for you in your rent and disney takes care of the rest.
3. Do you have to buy food? You are responsible for your own food, you apartment will have a full size kitchen with all the basic needs: everything and the kitchen sink :-). Sharing space in the kitchen will prove hard depending on if you have 1 or 7 roommates.
4. Did you take your own car or was it easy to get form place to place with provided transportation? Having your own car is a must!!!! I was able to take my car with me and i didn't regret it one bit. I only took the buses once while i was on my CP and it wasn't a fun experience. If you do take your car down there then you will make friends very quickly. If you don't have a car then you will find ways to make friends with cars very quickly :P.

I hope this helps you out and if your presentation is soon then we wish you luck. And of course if you have any more questions then just ask away.

prince of thieves said:
3. Do you have to buy food? You are responsible for your own food, you apartment will have a full size kitchen with all the basic needs: everything and the kitchen sink :-). Sharing space in the kitchen will prove hard depending on if you have 1 or 7 roommates.

Well, I'm not sure I'd call it a "full-size" kitchen ;) but it is a full kitchen ... sink, dishwasher, stove/oven, microwave, fridge/freezer

2Xited4Disney said:
Hey Guys. I am a Student at University of Maine. I am just wondering what type of GPA I would need to be accepted into the CP. Right now I have OK grades. But would give my ANYTHING to work at disney for a semister. What are my Chances?
Hey I'm for Univ of Southern Maine and i'm a Spring '04 alumni, if u have any questions you can let me know and i also know some of your Campus Reps, let me know if theres anything i can do for you. My email is amanda.leach1@maine.edu
~Amanda

I have a question...I am a full time college student, but I am also married, would I be eligible? My Husband is in the military and will be overseas until March 2006 I was thinking about trying to do the program for Fall '05 does anyone know if they have a policy about married students? Thanks :) Cassie :earsgirl:

Being married does not hamper your eligibility for the CP at all!

You would be living in housing with other CP students, and if your husband was able to get leave, he would not be able to stay with you in housing. I would discuss your plans and situation with your recruiter at your interview, but I don't think it would hold you back.

So,
if a husband and wife both get accepted into the program, is there married housing? Also, are you required to live in the housing everyone is talking about, or can you live elsewhere?

Thanks!

There is no married or co-ed housing. Married couples could do the program, but will live, and work seperately.

Amanda

Has anyone else applying for the cp encountered a problem with the dates? I am trying to put the "valid until" date for my temporary address and also the dates for my employment history, but everytime I do, a little box pops up and says that I must re-enter a 4 digit year number? Ex:1981. But for my employment history I put 2003 for one, and it will not accept it. As far as I know, that is a 4 digit year number. Im really sorry if this does not make much sense, but I am trying to apply now and I dont want to risk my chance of getting accepted if I do not put in any date. If I just leave the employed from and to dates blank, will that be ok?
Thanks in advanced!

Advanced Internship...do you get "better" jobs than if you were CP-ing? I graduate June 2005, and I'm completely just playing with the idea. I'd want to work in the resorts I think, like at the main check-in gate. I don't think I would want to work in some of the food areas/parks.

I'm a junior in high school and since i was 6 i've always wanted to work for disney. How do i go about becomming a disney intern? Do you have to be an intern to become a cast member? Any information ( or stories) would be great.
Thanx so much!!! :sunny:

Purplebelle, Advanced Internships are internship opportunities that are closely related to your major/area of study. They are in everything from communications to HR to accounting to horticultre and animal care. Listings of AIs for the Fall 2005/Spring 06 (science only) seasons will be up on the official site by the end of this month.

If you're interested in a regular CP, with the roles commonly discussed here, at your presentation and before you interview, you fill out a role checklist. On that, you check off all of the roles you'd be willing to perform -- Operations, Food and Beverage, Hospitality...it's all on there. Basically, you check what you're willing to do and don't check what you're not willing to do. Telling your recruiter jobs and areas you're particularly interested in can give them a good idea of where you'd like to be placed, but they can't promise anything -- you do have to be open to working in just about any location resort-wide, unless you apply only for hospitality or . There's a listing of roles for the College Program here.

StardizPrincess88, it's great that you're interested in the College Program so early! The basic eligibility requirements are that you must have completed a semester of college (or have at least 12 credits), be in good academic standing with your school (a 2.0 at most institutions), and be 18 years of age upon your arrival date. You do not have to be an intern to be a cast member, but it's a great way to start out a career with the company!

Do you have to do the advanced internship to take classes? I thought I read somewhere that they have classes available to take!

No, classes are part of the regular WDWCP. There are 7 to choose from, and you can take anywhere from 1 to 4, depending on how many you want to take. You can even choose to take none, if none of them interest you or are required by your school as part of the program. For more information about the learning part of the program and the specific classes you can take, check out the official site. Information about the specific classes is here.

I was thinking about the intership but wanted to know what kind of people do this. Basically I am alittle worried about age. I am 24 and dont really want to be the older guy. I heard that most of the people that do this are 19 - 21. I know its not really a big deal, I just would like to know about the demographics of this intership.

I wanted to know what the average age is of the poeple that do this. I heard its mainly 19 - 21. My friend did it when he was 22 and said he was in the "older crowd" and felt real older. I am 24 and I know its not that much older, but I just dont want to be look at different.

Hi there,
I have not been accepted yet but I just turned 25 myself and I spoke to my rep after the interview about my age. She told me they've had people as old as 55 go recently and I shouldn't worry about it. I agree with you tho, I still have concerns but I would still go anyway.

K

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter