Formal???

Laurabearz

I cant load my bobbin!
Formal nights..... Whoa.... I cant imaigine dressing myself and my kids nicely, esp while on vacation!

Tips on how to pack....

Tips on which rotation to pick... least fancy place for the most formal night...

Can we skip it altogether?

I am freaking! ::yes::

This is the one thing that is hanging us up about cruising... please calm my fears! :hyper:

we have not been on a 7 night yet, but I have gotten the impression that you can go as formal as YOU want. There will be people in Tuxes and gowns and people in suits. If you are really concerned, you could always do the buffet or order room service.

I ordered DH a mickey mouse tuxedo vest! So HE will be in a tux!;)

Number one rule......don't stress......go and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

If it really stresses you, take a tip from Sharon Stone, who wore a Gap T-shirt to the Oscars......

Black silk pants (which are a cinch to sew if you can't find them) wash wonderfully in the sink, air dry, take no room to pack, are classic and can be worn for years and can be dressed up very easily with a silk t shirt and jewelry. Its more about the drape of the fabric and the accessories than wearing a formal beaded gown.

Kids get to be a little more lienient. I'd go for black dockers for boys - a sweater vest or tie if you can manage to get them into it. Little girls are the height of fashion in their Princess dresses on a Disney cruise - and older girls normally have no problem dressing up - if you have a "won't wear a dress tomboy", matching silk pants for them.

Of course, there are those little boys who will wear a tux if Dad does, or who have an Easter suit that they will wear. My son LIKES to dress up.

(And yes, you don't need to participate. Plenty of food other places. And if you don't want to go formal, but want the food, just don't tell the DisBoard fashion police and dress as nice as you )

I see from your photo that your littlest one is a boy and pretty young. I would NOT worry about him. No one is going to worry if a toddler has on a tux or shorts. They just won't care. Your darling daughters will look sweet in sundresses. No need to get them all "velvet & taffeta'd out". They won't be comfortable (unless they are used to wearing that kind of stuff). I say sundresses and little khaki shorts or pants for your little guy.

Mrsfuzzmo

I am rather looking forward to the formal night. It is seldom our family has the opportunity to dress up at the same time. I hear they take a photo on the way into the dining room.
From what I have read on here the mode of dress is as varied as the passengers, so don't worry. Don't miss your formal night rotation, just wear a dress or pantsuit, don't worry about the kids, and make sure you are comfortable. You have plenty of time to look for some great sales if you are having to buy something you wouldn't usually wear.
I bought my 15 yr daughter a long, gorgous gown from Famous Barr-orig. $140.00, paid $30.00. What a deal! She can also wear it to nice dances for school.

Most important--it's YOUR vacation, do what YOU want!
Hope you have fun
NSwift
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Skipping a dinning room rotation is just not an option:D Wear something nice. DH can wear a dress shirt and tie with slacks and be fine. The kids can be in something pratical and nice and be fine. The kids can even eat in the clubs those nights if you prefer. Lots of options, lots of flexibility. Don't stress out over it, don't over pack. Enjoy. The meals are too good to pass up for one of the "fast food" places. Have heard that topsiders is a nice place to eat for dinner, but once again, we don't miss the dinning rotations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter