Formal Dinner

tenna45

Earning My Ears
I think that I read here once that people wore their wedding gowns to dinner. Has anyone every seen this? I think that it would be neat to wear mine on our honeymoon. Let's face it I'll never be able to wear it again.

The only women I saw in their gowns were the ones who were married on the ship.

On our formal night I never saw anyone in wedding gowns but quite a few were wearing very formal gowns while others just wore nice dresses. So it is really an anthing goes. If you want to wear your wedding dress I say go ahead ahve fun!!!! :Pinkbounc

I have been on many cruises including a 7 day Disney. I have never once seen anyone wear their wedding dress.

I've been on 3 cruises, 2 of which were 7-night. I've never seen anyone wearing a wedding dress on formal night, or anything close to it. You wouldn't want to carry it onboard anyway... very limited space in your stateroom.

On our January cruise there was a couple who had gotten married the week before the cruise (they told everyone) and she wore her wedding gown to formal night. I had never seen anyone wear their wedding gown other than at their wedding, so it struck me as odd....but that's just me. Maybe she wanted to get "one more wear" out of it!!!

This past May we saw a few brides in wedding gowns but they married on the ship that week.

Many people wear the Mickey wedding Ears (top hat w/ears hat for the men, ears w/veil for the women) that signify they are newlyweds. I think those are cute.

MJ

and I have never seen anything REMOTELY like a wedding gown. There were some dresses that I would swear were prom dresses, maybe even some brides maids dresses (you know the big butt bow :) ) but no wedding gown. I guess if yours is non traditional and is more like a white formal dress it would be fine but it it has the whole train and such I would feel silly wearing it. But thats just me.

I have never seen anyone in their wedding gown either, but you can do whatever you want....that is the MAGIC about the ship! It's your honeymoon, if you are comfortable with it....DO IT!

On July 4, I will be wearing my wedding dress to dinner at Palo. I will be having the ceremony that morning. The next day on formal night, I was planning on wearing a regular dress. If I wasn't getting married on the cruise, I don't think I would go through all of the trouble of transporting the dress though. I had my dress modified to remove the train and I chose one that was not really poofy to make transport easier. If your dress is easily tranported, then go for it, but if it is going to just complicate things, I'd go out a buy a new dress, heck do you need an excuse to buy more clothes?

Thanks for all the responses. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. My dress isn't a typical wedding gown, so I might wear it. It is just real plain and simple. I just don't want to look like a total dork.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter